Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline True Thief 4 Dark Mod is released

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No crashes here either.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
How stable is TDM for you? I've tried playing the mission that comes included with the game - "Tears of St Maria" - but I keep getting crashes that break the immersion and enjoyment. Got about 5 in about 20 minutes of game time. Playing on Windows 7, nothing fancy in my settings. Is the game known to be unstable?

I suggest reinstalling mission or TDM itself.

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
Why do you lie to me codex. This Australian man (probably DU) says the game is to hard.

AluminumHaste

Novice
I just uploaded a playthrough of A Score to Settle:

WARNING: The soft shadows are from the experimental build that I merged into my local copy so there's bound to be some glithces/weirdness that you guys won't see with the current release build. This is my own build put together from 3 separate branches.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here are a few screenshots from Behind Closed Doors, the prologue mission to the Crucible of Omens campaign:
i9JJ40l260EoW.jpg

iQYkprmWTyWRk.jpg

ifgHe6LNSLpum.jpg

ibwzMx33jtD4Ud.jpg

iSZnnChxAYJl1.jpg

iulZElv49SX4o.jpg
There is still some work to do (a small section of a very huge level needs to be built, objectives finalised, and there will be lots of testing and polish), but it is actually coming together.

...and two screenshots from Penny Dreadful 3: Erasing the Trail, also coming along nicely:
erasing04_zpswmzmyw0s.jpg

erasing03_zpsgxsvlpub.jpg
This will be my last city mission for a while. It was intended to be small and quickly made, but it grew to a rather generous size, I got burned out, didn't touch it for most of the year, and only returned to it again in September. This time, it looks like I will finish it in a reasonable amount of time.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Here are a few screenshots from Behind Closed Doors, the prologue mission to the Crucible of Omens campaign:
There is still some work to do (a small section of a very huge level needs to be built, objectives finalised, and there will be lots of testing and polish), but it is actually coming together.

The last screenshot looks interesting, the blue and gold wallpaper reminds me of the opera mission in Thief: Gold. How much work remains to be done on the campaign after the prologue level is finished?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Behind Closed Doors: Lazarova's castle keeps changing stones! I like the yellow ones.
Penny Dreadful 3: Looking very good, but it almost looks too clean (I assume this is a wealthy part of town). Also you probably already noticed it, but the night dust effect in the corridor in the first pic is leaking outside.

Aenra

My sole complaint is with their over, over doing the AI.. it is way too unforgiving at times. Coupled with my finger reflexes having naturally gone down the shitter, it makes for almost aggravating an experience. Why is it so hard for so so many to differentiate between being able to play and being capable of clickety clicking like a ten year old, i never understood. To me, they are two very distinct categories.
Even so, projects like these are gold. Just knowing people still give a fuck is gold to me :)

Melan /salute for your efforts btw

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Penny Dreadful 3: Looking very good, but it almost looks too clean (I assume this is a wealthy part of town). Also you probably already noticed it, but the night dust effect in the corridor in the first pic is leaking outside.
It is still a work in progress, before applying decals and placing the dirt and junk that belongs there.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
Okay, so I spent my afternoon playing Behind Closed Doors, and it is freaking huge. I built some of it about four years ago, and ran around some prototype builds, but it still took something like four hours to explore it. It is a fan mission with smaller fan missions inside it (which is how it started, by cobbling together leftover bits and pieces from different abandoned projects), and could qualify as a mini-campaign on its own. For a while, I was a bit afraid it'd end up as a big but lifeless mission, but no, that's not the case at all. It got a lot of expansion and polish in the meantime, so it looks and feels just right. Yeah. Since I am far enough from it now, I can safely say this is going to be gud.

Riskbreaker

Okay, so I spent my afternoon playing Behind Closed Doors, and it is freaking huge. I built some of it about four years ago, and ran around some prototype builds, but it still took something like four hours to explore it. It is a fan mission with smaller fan missions inside it (which is how it started, by cobbling together leftover bits and pieces from different abandoned projects), and could qualify as a mini-campaign on its own.
That actually sounds a lot like a TDM equivalent of Being Thief 2.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
This should be of relevance for the TDM makers:
https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Dhewm3-Open-Doom3-1.4

Released today by Daniel Gibson was the dhewm3 v1.4.0 release. This release brings just not bug-fixes and other normal improvements, but a lot of changes over the original Doom 3 code by id Software. The Dhewm3 v1.4.0 release has full SDL support, OpenAL for audio, OpenAL EFX for EAX audio support on all platforms, 64-bit support (including 64-bit ARM), better support for wide-screen resolutions as well as arbitrary resolutions, CMake build system support, and tested Linux / Windows / OS X / FreeBSD support.

Give me that fucking OpenAL EFX support already.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
TDM is a significantly divergent codebase, so i doubt that will be happening anytime soon.
For one, it's still a ARB program soup (to run on toasters only supporting opengl 2), while all the new ports are GLSL shader when it's not something even more recent that's being worked on in labs in San Francisco like Vulkan or someshit. It also runs remarkably badly on linux, probably because of compiler troubles disabling optimizations like SSE (it doesn't support 64 bits yet either), to the point running it on wine is much faster.

Not to mention the AI and (dark)radiant is completely different due to their needs.

Really, forget about it. They're progressing on their own, but you can't just merge codebases like you were implying.

Last edited:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
After some short discussion, I have unilaterally announced a short Halloween-themed TDM mini-contest. The rules are simple.

I hereby propose the following rules:

1. Make the mission public on Halloween (31 October, Saturday).
  2. Prefabs and modules are okay, but don't just relabel a fully built mission you have worked on for five years and call it a submission.
  3. There is no rule 3.
The deadline should make things neat, simple and focused. Don't build your dream mission (although feel free to build your worst nightmare!), because you won't finish in time. Build incrementally, and focus on getting something short and simple out the door.

Garrettt

Educated
TDM has a Halloween contest going with about 10 people participating.. here are some screenshots that the contestants have been posting

Baal
GtVgAtF.png

Dragofer
1LPe7Fk.jpg

Goldwell
oAopbbM.jpg

Grayman
zxxe2jS.png

Melan
wBMHEbp.png

Sotha
QprNjCD.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FIRST THE THIEF 72 HOURS CONTEST, A NEW MISSION IN THE DARKSTONE FM CAMPAIGN, AND NOW THIS

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET ANY WORK DONE THIS YEAR

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why are you surprised there is pony in TDM/Thief?
There is pony mod for Fallout 1/2, for game where mods (finished one, not to mention good one) can be count on one hand. And yet there is fucking pony mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom