Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Triss Romance Updates

Malpercio

Arcane
After Kaer section of the game, I wonder why Triss romance is in the game at all.

It's just forced for the sake of waifushits, it's obvious Yennefer is the one true choice.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
l0O9zrhqypsDjFZDi.gif
xTiTnElPCB45aIvxba.gif

Frozen

Arcane
Seems to me like the games failed to portray Yen as Geralt's "one true love".

Game Yen doesn't really do much justice to book Yen? Book readers? Carrion, Pope Amole II, Azeot, Jick Magger, Angthoron? You guys feel like the game misrepresented yen somehow?

The difference is this: Yen in books is a Scorpio, Yen in games is an Aquarius.
Yen in books has more fiery personality and you get the impression ( at least I did) that she isn't a classical beauty.
I still like what they did with her in game. She fits. They had to water it down a little because some aspects of character are not suited for mainstream AAA game. Even more for Ciri.
The real disappointment is Dandelion, in 1 and 2 he's forgettable and in 3 he's to American in a bad way.
His character in books is really funny in some parts and it didn't translate well into games at all.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Yen in books has more fiery personality and you get the impression ( at least I did) that she isn't a classical beauty.
She's more fiery in the short stories, but she does mellow out a bit later on, and I feel the Yennefer in TW3 is a natural continuation of that. On the other hand Triss is kind of closer to the books than she was in the previous games, but it doesn't really work all that well because it wipes out the possible character development that happened in the first two games, making her suddenly seem more girly and less confident than before even though it should probably be the other way around.

I like Dandelion in all three games, although the TW3 one is probably the least likeable one because of the over-the-top looks and because they gave him such a central role yet fairly little meaningful screen time. In TW1 they probably handled him the best, keeping him around as Geralt's pal and letting him provide an outside perspective to things but keeping his role in the main plot minimal.

Frozen

Arcane
I agree on Triss, but Dandelion should be more like that drag queen tailor.The guy you think is gay and then he says something like "my wife/girlfriend" and you chuckle inside.

Frozen

Arcane
:nocountryforshitposters:

The key to understanding romance threads.

No, that is the key to understanding character differences.
Key to understanding romance threads would be in which sign is here Venus.

Last edited:

The Outsider

Novice
Having never played the first or second game it came out as a bit shallow for me, I barely know any of you. Although Yennefer has many scenes in game which lets you understand her character by viewing her reactions to various things. But Triss already had two games to build her personality and character in TW3 I barely understand who she is and what she wants.
I felt like she was more of a daughter to Geralt than a love interest. I mean even the in-game-character Philippa points that out when she tells you that Yennefer is like Ciri's mother and Triss is more like a sister to her...

Anyway I ended up romancing both so whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom