Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Trinity name change contest

EEVIAC

Erudite
Anyone remember Infocom's Trinity text-adventure? (Its here if you've never played it.) It was released in 1986, predating the White Wolf books, so they might not have a leg to stand on.

This is kind of like the airport suing Oliver Stone for calling his movie JFK.

Ausir

Arcane
Isn't Trinity going to be freeware, anyway?
If so, then I don't think there's need to worry about copyright problems...

Ausir

Arcane
You can always declare it freeware for now, since you don't have it anyway - so that White Wolf can fuck off.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
White Wolf got all pissy with that Underworld movie, too, because White Wolf supposedly invented the idea of a secret war between werewolves and vampires.

Which is funny, because the old cartoon Ghostbusters, the one based on the movies, had an episode about a town of werewolves who were at war with a town of vampires. That was back in either the late 1980s or very, very early 1990s.

I wouldn't be surprised if White Wolf doesn't do this kind of thing for advertising, to get their name out.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Me too. I think it was written by the Babylon 5 Guy :P

Loved that show... but didn't the containment grid blow up like every other episode :P

And to bring it full circle the show was called The Real Ghostbusters because of a trademark dispute with another show called Ghostbusters :P

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
The episode in question was titled 'No One Comes To Lupusville' and was indeed written by J. Micheal Straczynski. It aired in 1986.

Yes, I am a fanboy of the cartoon. :P

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
aftermath
n 1: the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic
event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the
accident no one knew how many had been injured" [syn: wake,
backwash]
2: the outcome of an event especially as relative to an
individual; "that result is of no consequence" [syn: consequence]

1)Aftermath

2) Trinity : The Aftermath

3) Tritium

tritium ['trıtıəm]
noun a radioactive isotope of hydrogen, occurring in trace amounts in natural hydrogen and produced in a nuclear reactor. Tritiated compounds are used as tracers. Symbol: T or Ă‚ÂłH; half-life: 12.5 years
[ETYMOLOGY: 20th Century: New Latin, from Greek tritos third]

Greenskin13

Erudite
You see Chris, this is a matter of principle. While they COULD switch the name, that would meaning giving in to a bunch of gothic suits. Instead, we're going to opt for the old method to dealing with gothies: ignoring them.

pnutz

Novice
Infringing on our trademarks like a bunch of conformists.
I bet you all would like to see our rotting bodies, right? You'd like to see the rats eat our faces.

/goths

mr. lamat

Liturgist
this piece of shite 'game' from the asshole of eastern europe is never going to get made, so who really cares what it's called. personally, i vote for knights of the olgiarch's republic... being sued by lucasfilm and bioware can be your claim to fame... then when you fuck the dawg and never wind up making the game you can blame it on somebody.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
it's never going to get made. if some sort of liquidy effluvia does make it's from their mom's basement, it'll be fucking gawd-awful. we all know this. the 'concept art' looks like it was drawn on the back of a cocktail napkin with a ballpoint.

these twats should stop wasting people's time.

Kaczor

Novice
I don't want to play Trinity? OK, it's your choice. We don't know if we'll be able to finish this project with its all foundations, but we're at least trying to DO something. It's easy to yell, that it's pointless to work in small team, but try it. Gather your team and work on your own (great project). No!?! You don't want to do it? So shut the fuck up!

JanC

Liturgist
Amusingly White Wolf's Trinity was originally called Aeon, but they got sued by someone who had already claimed the name (or so I am told by my RPG-geek boyfriend)

mr. lamat

Liturgist
aiight... i will shut a fuck up... namely you, punter. take your little whackass fantasy and shove it up your ass beside uncle igor's cock. of course you don't want to play Trinity... you know it's shite, you have the pleasure of wading through it every day. you have a piece of vapourware and it'll remain that for years to come. quit talking about, it's garbage and everyone is aware of this. maybe some of them want to root for the retarded kid and hope he makes the team... personally, i'd rather make fun of your backbrace and drool fetish.

get bent, cockgobbler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom