Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trine 3 - uh oh, they fucked it up

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Liked the first. Second had great art and music but I never finished. Tired of platformers.

A horse of course

DLsite has rendered traditional platformers/scrollers redundant

DemonKing

Arcane
Will buy - finally got around to finishing the Trine 2 expansion recently and it was a nice change of pace (although I hardly used the warrior at all). Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the threequel.

mastroego

Arcane
Haven't seen this reported anywhere.
Feel free to remove this otherwise.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked the first one but it was boring solo. It was fun playing with my brother and cousin. We did the same with the second game and will probably play this together too.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh. Trine has gone full consoletard 3D.

Part of Trine's charm was the fact that it was a 2D platformer.

Instead of Trine 3 being a solid sequel in my eyes, it's now more of a "cautiously optimistic" thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh. It's gonna be on Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/319910/

Trine isn't a tradtitional platformer, it's a 2010s hipster puzzle platformer.

Eh, not really. It has lots of combat and the three characters' abilities are flexible enough that terrain traversal challenges usually can't really be called "puzzley" in the same way that they are in Braid, Limbo, etc.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
And the combat doesn't really feel like playing a traditional 8/16-bit era platformer. There isn't much of precision platforming either, although you do need timing every now and then, it's more about puzzle elements.

Ivan

Arcane
I don't remember 2 that much, but I have fond memories of the final level in Trine 1. It's a physics based platformer with shit combat and beautiful lighting. It's okay, nothing great, yet.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope Trine 3 will be decent, but think that going into full 3D is mistake.

It kinda reminds me early 2000s when all games and genres were going into 3D just because it was so OSSOM & IMMERSHUN.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I assume the devs have spent all the profits from their previous games, as well as the EU grant they receive on hookers and blow, because there's no other reason for this to be going to early access.

Hamanu

Educated
This series has the best stereoscopic 3D support I've ever seen, if there's anyone here who can take advantage of it. It's absolutely amazing.

Chamezero

The game is getting... less than stellar reviews. Devs are already in damage control mode
http://steamcommunity.com/app/319910/discussions/0/528398719797223737/
33504281a3.png

tl:dr "We bit more than we could chew and ran out of money so the game ended up too short, there are no plans for DLC but we will release bugfixes, the future of the series is now in danger because we fucked up and got shitty reviews".
tl:dr of tl:dr: everything is shit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reviews don't seem to be that bad, though? Steam has "Mostly Positive".

EDIT: Oh, but the ones on the front page...yeah.

Naraya

Arcane
The whole Trine series are the best looking games that for some reason I couldn't get into. I had to force myself to finish the first installment, it got really boring fast. Barely touched Trine 2, watched stream of Trine 3 and that's it.

Maybe in coop it's more fun...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Ah, Total Biscuit is upset about the game too:

So that's kind of a big deal.

Executr

Cipher
Played a bit in local coop with my cousins. Finished the first levels for each character and the first main level.
Pretty disappointed they ditched the small skill tree. In my limited time with it, I think it feels more streamlined and lacks freedom for solving puzzles albeit being gorgeous as ever.
Has a few bugs as well, especially for setting up the controllers.
I commend them for trying new things but I personally prefer they hadn't changed for 3D gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom