Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
what is the pause button

Ok, invent another scenario where you fuck up on one minor detail which doesn't involve an amusing event. Whatthefuckever, do you like needlessly repeating content because the game forces you too? I guess you'd be ok with a long unskippable cutscene before retrying an encounter?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
CWJqN9iWwAAg86R.jpg

Fallout 1 and 2 are both way better than Fallout 3 and 4. Todd Howard has really declined noticeably over the years. Still deserves the respect though.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Ok, invent another scenario where you fuck up on one minor detail which doesn't involve an amusing event. Whatthefuckever, do you like needlessly repeating content because the game forces you too? I guess you'd be ok with a long unskippable cutscene before retrying an encounter?

Proper placement of checkpoints is good. Saving anywhere encourages save scumming.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Josh Sawyer > Chris Avellone. Balance is the most important aspect of any system.
Skyrim was designed well. All content should be discoverable in a single playthrough. I played for 500 hours and havent even completed the main quest yet.
I want to see realistic looking women in video games. Boob-plate is misogynist.
A core component of an RPG are the Romances. Every character should be romance-able by all genders.
I can't wait for Beamdogs new game. The Enhanced editions improved the IE games in every way. Amber Scott is a wonderful writer. Social Justice should be incorporated as much as possible into all game writing.
I'm With Her. Who cares about some stupid emails. Trump is literally Hitler you bigots.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
because the end-boss beat you by one hit-point cos your phone rang...
If only you were playing a turn-based game, you pleb.

Because turn-based games are renown for using check-points... OMG, could you imagine replaying a huge string of turn-based combat encounters over and over again because of each new encounter you retried! Re-doing all the dialogue trees! This just gets better and better!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Checkpoint saves are superior to save anywhere. Save anywhere is basically the inherent cheat code in PC gaming.
But this is true.

You mean you actually enjoy repeating 30 minutes of content because the end-boss beat you by one hit-point cos your phone rang...
If the content is good then yeah why wouldn't I want to play more of it? If the content is not good, why are you playing that crappy game in the first place?

jaydee2k

Savant
I paid metacritic to lock down F:NV to a score of 79 :hearnoevil:

“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
If the content is good then yeah why wouldn't I want to play more of it? If the content is not good, why are you playing that crappy game in the first place?

Are you one of those people who think games can only be on the following spectrum:

Unplayably crap ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fucking awesome

With nothing in between?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Are you one of those people who think games can only be on the following spectrum:

Unplayably crap ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fucking awesome

With nothing in between?
There is also decent and meh in the middle, and if its decent I don't mind having to replay a mission or whatever. If it is so crap that I couldn't stand to replay the last 30 minutes of it, then I wouldn't be wasting my life on something so shit. Get some standards, and stop buying bad games, you big enablers.

p.s. I could put a game in every single one of those gaps between the dashes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom