Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Adding SJW stuff to games is just incline. We should all be grateful for it, and actually support those developers who make us meet and embrace their ideas in their totality.

PrettyDeadman

Dragon Age 2 is a pretty good game with truly innovative approach to storytelling, which look especially good if you compare it to typical hero journey stories of even the most venerated classic rpgs which is a tastement of absolute creative impotence of writers who work in game development....

The reason I registred in 2010 on RPGCODEX is to tells everyone how great Dragon Age 2 storytelling is.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Oblivion is a terrible game!
Wrong thread bro.
giphy.gif

eXalted

Arcane
99% of the conversations and dialogue choice answers in RPGs are painfully predictable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mass Effect Andromeda is GOTY,also we need more diversity in the RPG genre.I hope that the future games are made by women and pan-gendered helicopters not by cis males!

Eriador

Arbiter
But you can't marry anyone or adopt kids! :argh:

Also, Oblivion's level-scalling isn't bad and provides a steady challenge for the player. Bandits in glass armor wielding daedric warhammers are totally realistic!

Erikolaiz

Educated
As others have recently suggested, the term 'gamer' is no longer useful as an identity because games are for everyone. These days, even my mom spends an inordinate amount of time gaming on her iPad. The time for invisible boundaries that guard the 'purity' of gaming as a niche subculture is over. We are witnessing a very slow and painful cultural shift. Some male gamers with a deep sense of entitlement are terrified of change. GamerGate is really a sexist temper tantrum.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mass Effect Andromeda is GOTY,also we need more diversity in the RPG genre.I hope that the future games are made by women and pan-gendered helicopters not by cis males!

Your use of gendered terms like "males" or "women" without trigger warning is highly problematic. I think Gender, Race and basically all stats a harmful stereotyps we should leave behind. It is 2017 ffs.

Or better yet every game should be patched to prompt you every 2 minutes (like Castlevania 2) to reroll your character, so that we could express the fluidity of our gender and the multifacetedness of our non-binary personalities as well as the desires of our current fronting headmates.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Your use of gendered terms like "males" or "women" without trigger warning is highly problematic. I think Gender, Race and basically all stats a harmful stereotyps we should leave behind. It is 2017 ffs.

Or better yet every game should be patched to prompt you every 2 minutes (like Castlevania 2) to reroll your character, so that we could express the fluidity of our gender and the multifacetedness of our non-binary personalities as well as the desires of our current fronting headmates.
LoL your post is filled with microagressions,you must be filthy racist!Long live Marx,long live Stalin,long live Mao!

Judging by the sheer quality of Siege of Dragonspear, we can only assume one thing: Chris avellone was certainly dethronized by the anonimous beamdog writers on quality writing and storytelling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom