Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really don't think that Final Fantasy 13 was *that* bad.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Josh Sawyer is an excellent designer with decades of experiences, and was integral in taking the lead in multiple smash hits, from Baldur's Gate to Pillars of Eternity. Internal balance between various mechanics in a game is more important than an overwhelming and numbing number of choices, and he's actually great at designing consistent rulesets.

eXalted

Arcane
Final Fantasy 8 is the most innovative game of the golden age of RPG (1998-2002).
Whatever...

Squall-Whatever.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
Final Fantasy 8 is the most innovative game of the golden age of RPG (1998-2002).

And why change for changes sake isn't a good thing.

Arcanum is a terrible game, and people who praise it have either never finished it or never gone beyond Tarant.

Edit: Is it actually still edgy to say this, by this point in the Codex?

A lot of it is very good, but it's badly marred, especially due to what you mentioned given the continental drop in content after Tarant.

It is very much a game I'd call "influential" in that after its over you love the good parts and hate that the bad was so predominant, makes you want to go and make something that would make something similar so its spirit would be whole like it should have been

Jazz_

Arcane
Final Fantasy 8 is genuinely the best game I have ever played, never been as obsessed with a game as I was with FF8, but then again back then I wasn't fully self-conscious, I was still developing and I was devoid of any cynicism, I'm afraid that replaying it would reveal to me that it was all a dirty lie so I have avoided replaying the game for like what? 17 years now.
Although the other day I saw that it's on pc now and on Steam and I was a bit tempted. :negative:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
How could you trigger something that has no trigger? Its a fucking website.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Rhin is the best companion from all crowdfunded RPGs
Rhin.jpg

Not really that triggering. Mechanics wise she is. But they could have definitely written her better. A very clever throwback at Ciri, but not as developed.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I agree that she's one of the best (and perhaps the best one mechanically), but I'm really not getting enough dialogue from her. Not sure if a bug or she's just underdeveloped (like the game itself) - but I haven't even reached Bloom yet so maybe she'll have more to do/say there.

So far Durance is my favorite crowdfunded companion. But Grieving Mother and Erritis are good too. In fact, now that I think of it, Grieving Mother would have arguably fit better in TTON than in PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom