Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Somehow, miraculously you survive, at this point the average waster would be thankful to be alive, the courier instead unleashes a rampage across the wasteland against all odds. That to me, is unbelievable.

It's almost as if the PC isn't an average wastelander. :M

(Besides, the lone wanderer does the exact same thing, and s/he doesn't even have revenge as a motivation since Dad left of his own accord and the Overseer is the one to blame for the murder spree in the vault. You don't have the option to kill Dad out of abandonment butthurt, so basically an unhappy PC will just seek him out to give him the middle finger)

naossano

Cipher
Somehow, miraculously you survive, at this point the average waster would be thankful to be alive, the courier instead unleashes a rampage across the wasteland against all odds. That to me, is unbelievable.

It's almost as if the PC isn't an average wastelander. :M

(Besides, the lone wanderer does the exact same thing, and s/he doesn't even have revenge as a motivation since Dad left of his own accord and the Overseer is the one to blame for the murder spree in the vault. You don't have the option to kill Dad out of abandonment butthurt, so basically an unhappy PC will just seek him out to give him the middle finger)

Not mentioning that, unlike your daddy, there are tons of ways to deal with Benny. You can ignore him completly and be able to finish the game. You can let him go. You can save his sorry life from Caesar, leave him as Caesar prisoner or you can end his life in a dozen of different way. And i guess you can also finish the game without fighting, or with a low ammount of kills. So, no rampage. On the other hand, you can save daddy and help him with his project or save daddy and help him with his project, unless you want to take a third option and save daddy, and then, help him with his project.

Blink

Prospernaut
Batshit Crazy
facts: underrail is an mediocre game at best and the combat needs serious twerking and balance fixes.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
9fd09eef28900c7ddb5c263cfaa4f995.jpg

Despite the flat chest, Emma Watson

I had to google to see.

naossano

Cipher
Fallout 4 is a solid RPG. I mean, you have stats, crafting and dialogue. That's all what a RPG needs, right?

Actually, it is an ever better roleplaying game.

You know which character you are roleplaying. You don't have to trouble yourself imagining a character.
Dialogues are optimal. You can pick any line and you will still be able to enjoy the full dialog.
Crafting here isn't just a side thing. We spent 80% of the development on it. But don't worry, it is still optionnal.
We are sorry that the game still have stats, but we are trying to make sure your little 5 years old daughter will be able to understand that system.

Damn, i feel so dirty...

PS: I am googling sexy Emma Watson and i can't seem to find a satisfying result.

Durian Eater

Learned
If every RPG was changed to a skill-tree shooter-with-conversations, they would be objectively better games.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
facts: underrail is an mediocre game at best and the combat needs serious twerking and balance fixes.

It probably would be better with twerking, yes. Bouncy fat asses make every game better.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
"Hello my true RPG brethren. My name is Chris Irwinski, the chief game designer of... Today, i am here to teach you how to create a true role-playing game for real RPG fans out there. In our darkest times where RPGs has actual gameplay and choices that didn't affect the slideshows, casual gamers around the world thinks that games such as Skyrim and Dragons Age are true RPGs while thinking that Fallout 2 is outdated garbage. These people are unenlightened and a cancerous blight to video games because they are massive contribution to the success of the video games industry and we're just a niche audience with no impact whatsoever.

We are in a Dark Age of True RPGs, my brothers and sisters. But fear not, i'll teach you how to make a true RPGs for true RPG fans;

1. True RPGs must have stats and leveling system.

Even though adding stats and attributes aren't nessecarily important to the genre, we need our true rpg fans to compulsively feel that the numbers and dump stats represents their character, even though it's unrealistic and gamey. True RPGs needs stats because we need to be reminded that a numerical numbers represents our character build because its realistic. True RPGs also need experience points because my girlfriend say so with no logical and coherent explaination. The leveling system used by Elders Scrolls sucks because you actually have to put effort and training to the skill you want to use. The reason why experience points is better is because it's been used in other RPGs...

I mean that's it... wutdafuq you people want from me?!

2. True RPGs needs to have choices and consequences that'll effect the world.

It is a fact that true RPGs needs choices that will effect world drastically and bombastically. When i pick a can of tomato soup or choose a dialogue line, a city needs to be infected by my choices immediately because it's not a true RPGsif it doesn't. The choices also needs to have consequences that will also change the world by showing them 100 pieces of slides where the narrator explains what happened in the ending without actually seeing it in-game. Who wants to see the impact when the narrator can do expositions for you.

I remember my friend bitching about why there's a slide ending instead of actually seeing the impact, but i said it's what true RPGs do. And he said he want to play Fallout 3 instead and i cried for almighty Geraldo to save him from his sins. He died from his morally grey silver sword for mocking CD Projekt Red Morally Grey.

3. True RPGs needs to be Morally Grey

True RPGs needs to be morally grey. Why?...

Because RPGs needs to be morally grey. The Caesar's Legion is a great example of a morally grey faction. They slaughter millions of innocent lives, enslave women for being inferior and subjected to menial roles, burn towns and weak tribes, attacks a town with a radiation bomb, raid caravans, crucifying people who they deemed weak, indoctricnating kids, and bullying little girls... Kinda like ISIS.

But you need to understand, they're better than ISIS because of many reasons based on the opinion of the fans;

4. It needs to be shandified.

Based on the wisdom of the gaming intellectual, Bobby, shandification is a concept where stories are spread out into chunks and pieces. Even though you can just call it lore or worldbuilding, we call it shandification because we need a fancy and pretentious vocabulary to make us feel smart. An example of shandification spreading a bunch of crop around the world. Fallout New Vegas is perfect in every way because of it.

I mean where do they get the food in Fallout 3, huh? It's so immersion-breaking. Even though there are hunters throughout the capital wasteland, i still need to see the crops on infertile and irradiated soil.

I think that enough for you gaming intellectuals and true RPG fans out there. Time to spread your wings and create the best RPG in the 2010's like...

Age Of Decadence, by RPGCodex...

Praise Geraldo!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom