Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The font is certainly better in the new one but the English syntax is better in the old one. The new one seems more like a word to word translation, while the old one tried to actually make sentences that sound natural.

Latro

Arcane
Tested the Taikou Risshiden V ENG translation.
Don't think it's in a playable state yet as intro, in-game tutorials and quite a fair amount are still in CHT.

For posterity purposes, here's the base game download link for the ENG patch.

http://xiazai.zol.com.cn/detail/43/428170.shtml
(if can't access link, it's likely to be your DNS issue.)

- Scroll down to ~70% of the webpage & click either of the 4 links

- Did a virus scan on the 2 main exes but can't vouch whether the entire package is totally clean
- Advise to apply the 100% ENG save patch to unlock everything.
If the essential in-game texts are all translated, recommend ENG players to give it a go as to why KOEI games till around that period are so highly regarded; developers too for its galore of not-the-usual kind of game mechanics/mini-games.

Taikou Risshiden IV 太閤立志伝IV (PC) is another KOEI untranslated gem.
are there any translated .txts around? I played front mission 2 with reading the untranslated bits in a .txt just fine

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wow, there's a new translation of Armed Dragon Fantasy Villgust out

I played through the old J2e one in 2001, even did a solution for dlh.net when this was still a thing (not the website that still exists, but the one were you could download modules full of txt-based solutions, think of it like an offline gamefaq repository)

Nostaljaded

Savant
are there any translated .txts around? I played front mission 2 with reading the untranslated bits in a .txt just fine

You can try asking at the Taikou Risshiden V ENG translation forum page.
The game is non-linear like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, so may not be useful even if there's a translated txt ard.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The font is certainly better in the new one but the English syntax is better in the old one. The new one seems more like a word to word translation, while the old one tried to actually make sentences that sound natural.
I disagree. I think "We failed you miserably!" Sounds a lot more awkward than the new translation.

deuxhero

Arcane
https://legendsoflocalization.com/wanderbar/

New text hooker thingy for NES and SNES games. Only a handful are supported so far but it's open source so more can be added. While mostly intended for comparing translations of the few games it supports the creator notes this can be used to translate games without having to hack in the translation and support for English font.

LJ40

Cipher
Tenshi no Uta: Shiroki Tsubasa no Inori (Song of the Angel) for SNES has been translated:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/822/

Edit - Apparently the 3rd game in a series. Game was made by some of the same people the worked on Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia so may well be worth checking out. I will be after I'm done with DQ 11.

Edit again - Should add that it looks to be turn based, unlike the games the devs would go on to make.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Translation patch for 7th Dragon 2020 2 is available : https://cavespeak.org/
From romhacking :
Geoff Embree has completed an English translation of 7th Dragon 2020-II for PSP. With the official localization of 7th Dragon III: Code VFD last year, the entire 7th Dragon series is now playable in English.

7th Dragon 2020-II is a direct sequel to 7th Dragon 2020. It expands the classes previously introduced, adds the new Idol class, and further develops the cast of the previous game, nearly all of whom return. On the production side, Kazuya Niinou steps aside as director for Dai Oba, while producer Rieko Kodama (Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia), and composer Yuzo Kushiro (Streets of Rage, Etrian Odyssey) continue their work on the series.

It is recommended that players complete 7th Dragon 2020 before playing.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
!!!
Major Release ~ Shin Megami Tensei if... v1.00

It´s been a long road, but today AGTP releases a complete translation for Shin Megami Tensei if... on the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom. For me personally this journey has encompassed a second undergraduate degree, a cross-country move, a complete career change, multiple periods of both employment and unemployment, the licensure of one of our translation patches, and the beginnings of a family, in addition to having to deal with several project-related IRC and Discord raids, hate speech, and generalized harassment from the SMT community at large. It´s done, and I *will* maintain the patch should anyone find any bugs or typos. But that´s it.

I do this for the enjoyment of the process, to challenge myself to produce work of ever-higher caliber. if... hits a high enough bar at this point that I´m satisfied releasing it. I hope everyone who´s been clamoring for the patch gets some enjoyment out of it; I´ll let the game speak for itself.

With Majin Tensei 2 being mostly done elsewhere, don´t expect any further Megami Tensei work out of AGTP. No updated patch for SMT1, no back-porting of if...´s work into SMT2, no Majin Tensei 1. I´m done. To those who were looking forward to the aforementioned, I truly apologize. Maybe focus on cleaning up your community.

And now, I´m going on vacation.
2018-10-25smtif_4.png
2018-10-25smtif_20.png
Patch's here : https://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=smtif

spekkio

Arcane
Another MT game is always an incline. ESP. considering current state of the "franchise" (Animusona etc.).

Bonus points for translator's epic butthurt.

spekkio

Arcane
in addition to having to deal with several project-related IRC and Discord raids, hate speech, and generalized harassment from the SMT community at large.

Maybe focus on cleaning up your community.

Being butthurt about some betas on the internet is retarded. Good and hard work is always appreciated, but if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yo i been waiting for SMT If... to get translated since I was a teenager! We finally get to play as Tammy :)

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
unless you're a personafag lmao
1456416502580.jpg

I know it is not persona,but it is close enough to persona in theme and atlus made it.
if... and original PSX Persona (the jap version, not the butchered eng one) are still bretty good.

The 'personafags' I refer to are P3/4/5 fanboys and whoever thought that adding shitty dubstep to P1 PSP was a good idea. I avoid them whenever I can.

Latro

Arcane
Another MT game is always an incline. ESP. considering current state of the "franchise" (Animusona etc.).

Bonus points for translator's epic butthurt.

yeah, fuck that guy who translated this game over years of work, what a pussy
AGTP sitting on projects for years stops other people from potentially taking it up and whipping it out faster. Add in the fact that Gideon acts like a huge baby for no reason and gives zero transparency in any of his projects, this means nobody wants to take up a project that could be a total waste of personal time. If Gideon was transparent about translation status and didn't threaten to quit working on projects for months because people just ask him about where the translation is at completion, nobody would have a beef with him.

to add to the hilarity, he's intensely political and he's a huge weenie there too

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
a modder translator is an autistic fag? whatta shock

but, yeah, anytime I mention him not giving updates for projects people would always tell me to check his twitter... which would be nothing but retarded sperging

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom