Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Nuclear Explosion

Are there any really good untranslated SRPGs? Not asking for FFT level but at least something close - good story, decent AI, interesting combat system etc.
Berwick Saga is purportedly pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are there any really good untranslated SRPGs? Not asking for FFT level but at least something close - good story, decent AI, interesting combat system etc.
Berwick Saga is, purportedly, pretty good.

Good choice. Never played it myself, but I've played the prequel. It's basically a Fire Emblem game (has a lot in common, even has the same creator) with a few more strategy elements.

It would be nice to get a translation of that.

Personally I kind of want a re-do of all the translations of the jp-only Fire Emblem games, they're all unfinished and buggy. But I can understand if nobody wants to put in the effort for something already translated.

Nuclear Explosion

Personally I kind of want a re-do of all the translations of the jp-only Fire Emblem games, they're all unfinished and buggy. But I can understand if nobody wants to put in the effort for something already translated.
A group is re-translating 4, and plans to re-translate 5 afterwards.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone try out that Digimon World Re:Digitize for the PSP yet? Monster raising games usually don't much interest me but seeing that this one was developed by tri-Crescendo piqued my interest.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, OP has been updated with following thingies:
  • Romancing SaGa 1 (SNES),
  • Rent a Hero (SMD),
  • Ys 4 - The Dawn of Ys (PCE-CD),
  • Mamatoto (rape),
  • Wizardry - Empire (GBC),
  • Tales of Vesperia (PS3),
  • Dragon Force 2 (SAT),
  • Bunny Black (rape),
  • Nayuta no Kiseki (PSP),
  • Brigandine - Grand Edition (PS1),
  • Clock Tower - The First Fear (PS1),
  • The Legend of Double Moon (NES),
  • Super Shell Monsters Story (SNES),
  • Dark Half (SNES),
  • King of Kings (NES),
  • Digimon World Re - Digitize (PSP).
Two patches mentioned ITT reached "final" versions:

Fire Emblem 6 (GBA) Redux Translation
Grand Knights History (PSP)

Also, there's a newer than mentioned ITT version of the Tear Ring Saga (PS1) patch, here.

2015 seems to be a year of a massive

:incline:

as far as translations go.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Last edited:

Red Eye

Learned
So Haruka is getting translated by Mangagamer.

If it's successful they might get Rance

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thankfully, since Dark Souls became a cult hit, From Software's old and obscure jap games have come again into focus.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Perfect, just after I finished TT2.

You'll probably start with level 1 Raidy again, though, without any of the powers she had at the end of Raidy 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom