Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Red Eye

Learned
ITH worked in regards with extracting text from Mamatoto.

Which has cut out any effort on my part beyond playing the game.

So if there is any interest I can do a Bunny Black Lets Play

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

A proper dungeon crawler with boobs, yup that could work for a LP. Just remember to give it a proper eye-catching title.

Man, this game has some funny RNG with loot. I just started a new game and I got Ignis "A holy burning sword that pierces all", a spear of +55 to Str aka I Win button.

Red Eye

Learned
Man, this game has some funny RNG with loot. I just started a new game and I got Ignis "A holy burning sword that pierces all", a spear of +55 to Str aka I Win button.

And everyone in their first playthrough used an overpowered curse sword.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Wow. I beat the game and both bonus dungeons and never found such a thing. That must sell for a shitton of money.

For those who haven't noticed yet, you can assign quick use skill to your menu. Saves some serious time.

Wow. I beat the game and both bonus dungeons and never found such a thing. That must sell for a shitton of money.

Pure RNG. I also got a Holy Dagger that was a mere +15, but sold at 50K or something ridiculous like that, now I can just open things in the shop and not bother with cash. Fun times.
Also spears can be used with both Slash and Smash skills. I regret not playing on a higher difficulty, I'm OP as fuck.

Damned Registrations

Daggers work with slashing and ranged, which is probably why their stats are so shit.

Are you playing on a higher difficulty setting? Maybe that is why the drops are so good. Might ironically be making shit easier for you, like it does in Valkyrie Profile.

Red Eye

Learned

A proper dungeon crawler with boobs, yup that could work for a LP. Just remember to give it a proper eye-catching title.

All I can think of are references to Stockholm syndrome and fucking like bunnies

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh, there is a Brigantine Grand Edition (a enhanced re-release of Brigantine Legend of Forsena ) english patch i completely missed... they even added voice acting to the new movies, which is bound to be terrible, but no matter, its optional.
http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=869.0

*edit: actually check that forums other topics, they reek of incline: another patch for making Master of Monsters not be a broken mess, discussion of from software untranslated ps1 games etc.

Last edited:

Rpgsaurus Rex

Interesting. What is Bringandine, actually? I keep hearing about it but... Is it a good game to sink one's teeth in? Gameplay similar to Fire Emblem etc?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Interesting. What is Bringandine, actually? I keep hearing about it but... Is it a good game to sink one's teeth in? Gameplay similar to Fire Emblem etc?

Brigandine is a srpg with giant robots in a pseudo-medieval setting. We even have a Codex LP (abandoned) of it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-brigandine-the-legend-of-forsena.68944/

If the Codex LP is any indication of the brunt of the game, there's no robots in it. It's more of a mish-mash of fantasy creatures from whatever mythos they could find.

Damned Registrations

Cool, I always wanted to try playing Grand Edition. The normal game never really felt finished, the way the plot ends.

And Master of Monsters fix patch would be awesome as well. I liked the original game and was thrilled when I got the PSX version... until I found out how horribly broken the game was (as an example, it makes one to-hit roll for an entire turn, and every monster on the field will hit or miss based on that roll vs their attack accuracy... so after a test attack you can have perfect knowledge of which units will hit and which will miss. Urgh.)

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2

Brigandine is a srpg with giant robots in a pseudo-medieval setting. We even have a Codex LP (abandoned) of it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-brigandine-the-legend-of-forsena.68944/

If the Codex LP is any indication of the brunt of the game, there's no robots in it. It's more of a mish-mash of fantasy creatures from whatever mythos they could find.

I should stop trying to go by memory. I managed to mix up Brigandine with Vanguard Bandits :negative:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh, after that i found this: http://www.talking-time.net/showpos...7379d364920cd1baa1d&p=1885619&postcount=46849

I will still try it thou. BTW, t seems one of the changes of the grand edition was actually for the worse, with some unremarkable midi music apparently replacing some cool tunes.:argh:
Also the guy removed some jap voices (not the movies, ingame dialogs) because he couldn't get the audio to sync with the english text.
it's always something

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Tested the patch for Brigantine - Grand Edition

v8 translation + v2 FMV subtitles

Shiat works fine:

NEcnCJK.jpg

But the main font...

ZHSBKbJ.jpg

g40R95T.jpg

86OAXaz.jpg

:what:

Even comic sans would've been better. Or Arial used in subs:

drnfrch.jpg

:?

Duraframe300

Arcane
^
LOL, modders. Even more retarded than developers.

Its kind off shitty that there are so many translations where shit gets turned around because of

A: A translators belief (political or religious or whatever)

B: A translators interpretation of the story. Its kind of scary how many times you hear (Yeah, translated/localized this would be different BUT I DON'T THINK IT FITS THE STORY SO I'M CHANGING IT)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom