Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Gedeone

Novice
A translation patch was released at least four years ago

Probably for the original game, not the remake. Or maybe i just skipped it because it was short. It could be. Never been a fan.

I'd play the translation of Phantom of Inferno remake.

Um. I hope the sprites, background, and overall art are way better than the orignal. Oh, and lets not forget the obnoxius passcodes.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I completed Lagrange point : a good game in many ways.

Now I want more NES games. I will probably try Sweet Home.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I know the translation for Ace Attorney Investigations 2 has already been mentionned before, but the final version has been out for a few weeks now. Amongst various improvements, this version is also compatible with the latest version of DesMuMe.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Practically worthless for someone who doesn't have a CFW PS3 (i.e me). I guess there's always that online guide, but having to look at the computer screen every 5 seconds just to understand what's going on sounds really annoying.

Not sure why the put all that effort into it, but hell, good for them and those who could make use for it.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, sadly if you don't have an older model PS3 or didn't immediately jailbreak your PS3 if it's a newer model then you're pretty much fucked. I'm surprised nobody has been able to find a way around whatever roadblocks there are for jailbreaking newer PS3s after all these years.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kinda sad, though. Those dudes worked on that project for years yet it's likely useless to at least 95% of all PS3 owners.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It was always going to happen. New game consoles are uncrackable by design, and if by accident they do get cracked, why, just upgrade the firmware public key with ur net connection/official game/demo. Enjoy your walled gardens peasants.

Now since one of the private keys got cracked because sony was dumb, there is the slight possibility of a working emulator for this one specifically (using the private key that was leaked, real testing can be done on a older ps3 without using ultra expensive and monitored devkits).

I assume that devkits are just the machine without using crypto and the game master is sent to sony to actually be encrypted with their super secret private key which allows the code to run on 'real' machines. If you want to pirate, you could maybe do the reverse. Get a devkit to play and decrypt the games with the consoles public key (if you can get to it in firmware, which you probably can't).

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
U7ZMbLt.png

TdseIi9.png

5GQILPH.png

EEO0PuG.png

SEGqr3w.png

Glorious nippon steel is twice as expensive and offers less strength than the squire sword. My immershun is so shattered.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Bunny Black. Aroduc's latest offering. The systems in general seem interesting enough, but so far I've been rather disappointed with how everything is balanced. The various minions aren't balanced at all, for example, and levelling up the weaker ones seems pointless. And the enemy encounters are extremely random. Like, sometimes you encounter a single dude that dies before he gets a turn, and other times you encounter a squad of like 10 guys and they get a free round of attacks, wiping out characters before you can even react. Considering how much you're penalized for letting characters die (nevermind that this will likely just make you outright lose the fight and start over from a save) this kind of randomness is pretty awful. Hoping it gets better soon.

Siveon

Bot
Bunny Black. Aroduc's latest offering. The systems in general seem interesting enough, but so far I've been rather disappointed with how everything is balanced. The various minions aren't balanced at all, for example, and levelling up the weaker ones seems pointless. And the enemy encounters are extremely random. Like, sometimes you encounter a single dude that dies before he gets a turn, and other times you encounter a squad of like 10 guys and they get a free round of attacks, wiping out characters before you can even react. Considering how much you're penalized for letting characters die (nevermind that this will likely just make you outright lose the fight and start over from a save) this kind of randomness is pretty awful. Hoping it gets better soon.

That's a little disappointing. I like the look of it though, so hopefully it gets better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom