Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Final Fantasy Type-0 fan translation is supposed to be released today.

My PC is ready.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So it doesn't have any of the PSP enhancements, it's just a straight port of the original PSX version? I've been really interested in playing through the new scenario that was created for the PSP version.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So it doesn't have any of the PSP enhancements, it's just a straight port of the original PSX version? I've been really interested in playing through the new scenario that was created for the PSP version.

That's what I've been seeing on various forums dedicated to the game. I would recommend doing some research before plunking down the 10 dollarydoos.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

My PC is ready.

It's out and absolutely great. It has that same "there's a metric ton of things happening" feeling from the moment intro starts playing in the vein of FF12. I still resent the fact they shoehorned that cliche highschool setting and it could've most certainly benefited from a second analog stick for camera control, but I see myself sticking with it for a while.

Why didn't we get THIS instead of FF13 trilogy tarnishing an entire console generation of Final Fantasy? :argh:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

My PC is ready.

It's out and absolutely great. It has that same "there's a metric ton of things happening" feeling from the moment intro starts playing in the vein of FF12. I still resent the fact they shoehorned that cliche highschool setting and it could've most certainly benefited from a second analog stick for camera control, but I see myself sticking with it for a while.

Why didn't we get THIS instead of FF13 trilogy tarnishing an entire console generation of Final Fantasy? :argh:

High school setting is a bit meh, but I do enjoy it so far. Only played 2 hours in English. Got a lot further when playing in Japanese.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Type 0 has just been announced for Vita and XBone. Now we know why Sky rushed his Type 0 translation.

Thank god he released it before Squeenix's C&D.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't voice acting in PW basically only those shouts in court like HOLD IT?

Between the choice of leaving all of those now iconic VA in Japanese (which very few people are familiar with), having it be half English and half Japanese or fandubbing, looks like there's no real way to win, but on the other hand it really isn't going to affect much.

drae

Augur
It's good for a fan-sub, but it's a fan-sub so don't expect too much. You can understand it, but for example "judging by the burn marks around this hole... it appears to be a bullet hole". It's not exactly polished examples of the written word. "A bullet hole? Then the bullet from the gun must have gone through the flag."

That being said, some fan-subs are a lot worse, and you take what you can get with fan-subs really. And it's not overlocalised like the official translations were.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Good point, I guess.

It's an Alicesoft tactical strategy game, and I doubt there's going to be a Daiteikoku style production hell event, so it'll probably turn out ok.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Those Japanese magazines never cease to amaze me. They're probably more likely to cause epilepsy than Battling seizure robots.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So this happened: http://www.skybladecloud.net/type-0-translation-patch-unavailable/
Unfortunately I’m forced to remove my posts and pages related to the popular Final Fantasy Type-0 fan translation project. That’s right, certain game company thinks that threats and false accusations are the way to treat its biggest fans. For the time being I can’t answer questions related to this matter, but I’ll write a more comprehensive post about all this once I get the chance.

Hope yall got it before it got taken down.
The patch was already released so it will continue to be out there though.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So this happened: http://www.skybladecloud.net/type-0-translation-patch-unavailable/
Unfortunately I’m forced to remove my posts and pages related to the popular Final Fantasy Type-0 fan translation project. That’s right, certain game company thinks that threats and false accusations are the way to treat its biggest fans. For the time being I can’t answer questions related to this matter, but I’ll write a more comprehensive post about all this once I get the chance.

Hope yall got it before it got taken down.

Theres more behind this. Check out the Type-0 thread.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Not surprising when you think about it. Lots of (almost all) game data was included in the translation patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom