Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It seems like a reasonable assumption given that the only one that hasn't been localized yet is Investigations 2.
I guess I'm still :butthurt:about that one.

deuxhero

Arcane
If (big if) they do translate it, they'll just drop the IN AMERICA stuff and say "Nick" just has a Japanese ancestor (which sounds reasonably plausible for a guy in California)

Biggest question is how they'll preserve all the punny names. While you have Japanese names that convey something in English like "Raito" (which everyone seems to agree will be his name if they take that approach), I can't see it being easy to come up with for every character (and it would get silly really quick even if they could).

deuxhero

Arcane
That one easily. "everyone has Japanese ancestors" isn't that much weirder than the "everyone's ancestors were involved in a bunch of murder cases together" that already exists.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
God, this game is so obnoxious that it hurts.

comyu_ayaya.png

comyu_kagome.png

Not to mention the tendency to jump from melancholia to upbeat randomly.

i.e. from this song

to this

Drives me crazy.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is a really weird game. High production values, well written (not saying it is coherent)... but the pacing and the god damn obnoxiousness of all the characters in the game. Gets on my nerves.

The "witch" is hot though.

A user named cat

What, no hype for FF 1: Femfag Edition hack?

"A simple premise, but which can have surprising emotional implications… on both sides of the screen."

Surprising emotional implications!!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
La Pucelle Ragnarok (PSP) translation is 98% complete: http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

I need help finding typos, bugs, grammar issues and/or missing NPC text in the patch. If you find any, please report them.

I have no plans to translate the images, fix the random item / name generator or use variable width font.If you ask me to fix them, I will ignore you. If you are interested in fixing it yourself, I am more than willing to include your fixes in the patch.

Seems fine otherwise, though.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually really liked the original La Pucelle Tactics, so I'll probably give it a try. I'm curious though, anyone have any idea as to what was added to the Ragnarok version, aside from the bonus chapters? Any new side quests, scenes, characters, or dungeons during the original portion of the game?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
rpgmaker games are a mess to make work in wine, i gave up as soon as i saw that.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I actually really liked the original La Pucelle Tactics, so I'll probably give it a try. I'm curious though, anyone have any idea as to what was added to the Ragnarok version, aside from the bonus chapters? Any new side quests, scenes, characters, or dungeons during the original portion of the game?

-New Game+ mode
-Four bonus chapters about how Prier becomes a Demon Overlord
-Purify works slightly different and you can get double turns for characters if you purify with your character in the stream.
-1000+ new NPC lines
-Disgaea characters can be unlocked during new game+ (Prinny, Flonne, Etna and Laharl)
-Speed up battle by allowing you to turn off battle animations
-Choose either A or B mode of moving the cursor
-More tutorials
-Item/equipment record keeping - if you acquire all items in game there is a surprise that you can get
-Can get multiple Warp Engines, RoboSuits and Lightyear cannons

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816763

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not that there is any point in importing the game now that the online mode is down, but Grand Knights History got a translation patch.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821083

A shame this never got translated or a PC version got released.

Listening to the soundtrack now, as that is the only experience I will have from the game.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Not that there is any point in importing the game now that the online mode is down, but Grand Knights History got a translation patch.

Listening to the soundtrack now, as that is the only experience I will have from the game.
Fuck whatever company was in charge of the English release of that game announcing it and then never going through, which caused all the fan-translation efforts to stop. Oh well.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer

Man, this looks killer. I can't find much information on it, what exactly is it? There's character creation and three different factions, is it non-linear or more plot-driven?

TigerKnee

Arcane
Man, this looks killer. I can't find much information on it, what exactly is it? There's character creation and three different factions, is it non-linear or more plot-driven?
I have no idea if anyone is old enough to play them, but GKH is sort of like what happens if you modernize an ancient BBS door game like Legend of Red Dragon..

No point in arguing whether it's non-linear and linear or whatever (I can say it's DEFINITELY it's not plot-driven though) and trying to categorize it by the mentality of single-player games since it's essentially a multiplayer game with a leaderboard feature and rewards based on your placement there, which is why without the online component it's darn pointless. The single-player mode is just there to practice builds and grind.

It's still cool for what it is IMO but I don't know if that sort of gameplay appeals to the average Codexian.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Too bad that, according to NeoGaf (yeah, decline and all that - they even declined to approve my account!), the single-player side of things is supposed to be just a build-up for the multiplayer one which is no longer supported.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That is indeed the case. It's not just according to NeoGAF, it's actually how it works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom