Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

deuxhero

Arcane
As long as we are talking about games that aren't translated... Is "Wizardry Summoner" for the GBA any good as far as Japanese blobers go? Found it in the GBA game list when looking for something obscure for a "guess the screenshot" thing elsewhere (and a random pic of the first dungeon wound up not obscure enough for Google Reverse Image search, so meh) and I'm curious.

AA32ZvA.png

I prob wouldn't play it even if it was the best thing ever because the text is so fucking tiny. I have NEVER seen おとこ and おんな written in kana before (admittedly I haven't exactly fooled around with Japan only NES and prior stuff), even in the most memory and resolution strapped game they just used 男 and 女

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So after setting and then missing about a dozen release dates, the retranslation for FF7 is finally done. It's currently only for the original PC version.

Also, for those actually interested in giving it a try, it's probably best to forget the original English version of FF7 ever existed as it completely ignores everything about it, which means no more !@#$ for Barrett's dialogue.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Final Fantasy: Type-0 has an almost completed English fan translation in the works. They're 95% done with the main scenario.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
action RT shit (only thing square do anymore), not worth :obviously: time
The game is great. I've played some of the Japanese version and enjoyed it. It'll be fun playing this on PPSSPP emulator on PC.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't care what you think. It's 3d camera action RT shit (like all final fantasies now, all god eater games, all monster hunter games, parasite eve 3, kingdom hearths birth by sleep etc etc etc etc)

BEGONE FOUL DECLINE

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I don't care what you think. It's 3d camera action RT shit (like all final fantasies now, all god eater games, all monster hunter games, parasite eve 3, kingdom hearths birth by sleep etc etc etc etc)

BEGONE FOUL DECLINE
Okay. It's still getting a translation soon, whether you like it or not. I'll be enjoying it. Playing Bravely Default for my turn-based jrpg craving. It's basically Final Fantasy without the Final Fantasy name attached to it.

stabby

Learned
I had no issue getting it to run under ppsspp after patching, my issue was how they put together the eboot file and how it doesn't play nicely with the cfw I use on my PSP.

Think I'll give this update a shot to see if it does anything to fix my problem (highly doubtful though.)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If someone manages please give a xdelta to a linux bro +M

They coded a patching process that uses a java program to be unportable. Mighty achievement.

stabby

Learned
Patch process is the same (as is the damned eboot, bloody hell) so that xdelta patch is going to be over a gig in size again. Think you'd be better off finding a pre-patched version off in some yonder locale.

Not saying that I don't want to help out, but Canada doesn't give out the best of upload speeds for its internets.

spekkio

Arcane
SCO said:
xdelta patch

authors said:
Q: Why does the patch use such an awkward patching method and not something like Xdelta?

A: The original game is encrypted and packed with a more recent version of criware tools. There is no encrypter available on the net and no newer version of criware tools either. Thus, our patched game is actually unencrypted and packed with old criware. Because of that, any kind of patch based on binary difference will be very huge (hundreds of megs).

And I’m not very skilled in coding to write my own packer/encrypter.

So, what BC stabby wrote.

TigerKnee

Arcane
That's indeed Gihren's Green. I've played a couple of them. Great if you're a Gundam nerd, but I can't play Grand Scale Strategy games. It's just not in my non-ubermensch genes.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Can't believe we got Dynasty Warriors Gundam instead of Gihren's Greed. Holy shit. :x

EDIT: Still waiting for Aeon Genesis to finish the SRW Alpha translation. *sigh* ffs... At least SRW Gamecube translation seems to be alive and progressing smoothly.

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
God, I've been waiting on that Alpha translation for fucking years now. I remember one of the translators posting on /m/ on 4Chan saying the translation was about a year away from completion... back in 2012; I wonder what happened.

Speaking of projects in limbo, Aerie Romhacking just posted new screenshots of the Xenosaga Ep1&2 DS remake, so hopefully that'll at least be done sometime this century.

anus_pounder

Arcane
God, I've been waiting on that Alpha translation for fucking years now. I remember one of the translators posting on /m/ on 4Chan saying the translation was about a year away from completion... back in 2012; I wonder what happened.

Speaking of projects in limbo, Aerie Romhacking just posted new screenshots of the Xenosaga Ep1&2 DS remake, so hopefully that'll at least be done sometime this century.

Oh hey, the SRW J guys. :salute: to them for that.

Aeon Genesis released SRW2 (NES) translation back in december. Jesus Christ. :troll: ?

A user named cat

Has this been posted yet?

Had no idea there even was one of these games way back on NES. Unfortunately the translation team are complete faggots who are delaying the patch release until a stupid anniversary in September. For no reason whatsoever other than to garner hype considering it's already finished.

deuxhero

Arcane
You could do Black/Matrix

It's a game that has a button code to unlock a yaoi mode. Most westerners think it's about infernal politics and war between heaven and hell or something if they've heard of it :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom