Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why is it, that whenever i check this thread for something good, it's always some goddamned VN with no gameplay being announced instead of say, the summon night PSP games?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Summon Night 5 isn't worth it anyway. Total decline of the series. :rpgcodex:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Then good thing that there are 3 and 4 remakes with additional content on the psp too...

Also, you read nipponese? You fucker!

Last edited:

Gedeone

Novice
Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji! got a translation:
http://kohaku.kouhi.me/
Kohaku Translation?...never heard of them <.<
The actual game is an Alcot game so...i guess some loli is to be expected (i.e. the main heroine).
Meh...it seems too moe...not my cup of tea.

Meanwhile, Rogue is busy playing Hearthstone (lol), so MQ3 is stil stuck at 82%...
Life is SO unfair -____-

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It's even worse when they all start to look the same. Exactly the same thing that is turning me away from anime.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Why dont they just focus on Rance? Meh.
They're more hard up on hackers than translators, IIRC.

No real point translating when you're going to be walled by insertion crashes or other fun problems that arise when you actually try to put the English text back in.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Saga2-English_24_5979.png

Hey, it works!

Saga2-English_35_6211.png
Saga2-English_42_6234.png

Saga2-English_49_6257.png
Saga2-English_31_6394.png

Meet Bee.

Saga2-English_02_6495.png
Saga2-English_03_6498.png

:rpgcodex:

Saga2-English_09_8281.png
Saga2-English_14_8298.png

The burning question.

Saga2-English_23_8327.png

:rage:

Saga2-English_55_8628.png

:yeah:

Saga2-English_33_8948.png
Saga2-English_43_8980.png

You also get to choose 3 companions to travel along with you.

Looks like a fun game already. Oh well, I'm gonna add it on my backlog.

Alex

Arcane
Is this a valid topic for this thread?

To those unwilling to link, it is a kickstarter for a translation of a japanese tabletop roleplaying game. The characters take the roles of people who, for some reason, need to go on a journey together. This journey is watched by the GM, called ryuujin here. The GM is basically recording the PCs journey, which will somehow give strength for the dragons that control the seasons to give birth to new eggs or something like that. The game is supposedly much more about making a difficulty journey and helping each other than combat or character growth.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this a valid topic for this thread?

To those unwilling to link, it is a kickstarter for a translation of a japanese tabletop roleplaying game. The characters take the roles of people who, for some reason, need to go on a journey together. This journey is watched by the GM, called ryuujin here. The GM is basically recording the PCs journey, which will somehow give strength for the dragons that control the seasons to give birth to new eggs or something like that. The game is supposedly much more about making a difficulty journey and helping each other than combat or character growth.

Sounds cool (and looks kawaii). Too bad it isn't a computer game though.

I'd only pledge if you and Agassi and Ulminati would pledge too and then we could host a Codex game :)

TigerKnee

Arcane
SaGa 2 (and 3, you missed that one) are really old translations, maybe like 1/2 years old.

Alex

Arcane
Reminds me a lot of this.

They even describe both the same way, as "Japanese heartwarming tabletop RPG"...

Maybe it is a genre over there? I really wish I understood Japanese better, cause even if most of their games aren't quite my cup of tea, I get a feeling they have a whole lot of gems buried there.

Sounds cool (and looks kawaii). Too bad it isn't a computer game though.

I'd only pledge if you and Agassi and Ulminati would pledge too and then we could host a Codex game :)

Eh sure! I mean, I will try anything once, and besides, I somehow doubt the guys on #CodexDH would ever give this a shot.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Maybe it is a genre over there? I really wish I understood Japanese better, cause even if most of their games aren't quite my cup of tea, I get a feeling they have a whole lot of gems buried there.
Yeah, I managed to visit a bookstore in akihabara that had some RPGs when I was there, and they all seemed very... extreme. Either combat-heavy stuff based on specific anime, filled with tons of charts and stuff (very similar to those Daemon RPG books we got here in Huehueland) or those "heartwarming RPGs", with kawaii/cutesy stuff on the cover and very thin volumes, apparently more for actual roleplaying than combat, from what I could understand.

Many D20 logos, but I'm also sure that there must be some nice systems hidden amongst them...

Alex

Arcane
Yeah, I managed to visit a bookstore in akihabara that had some RPGs when I was there, and they all seemed very... extreme. Either combat-heavy stuff based on specific anime, filled with tons of charts and stuff (very similar to those Daemon RPG books we got here in Huehueland) or those "heartwarming RPGs", with kawaii/cutesy stuff on the cover and very thin volumes, apparently more for actual roleplaying than combat, from what I could understand.

Many D20 logos, but I'm also sure that there must be some nice systems hidden amongst them...

You can get a good idea of the variety here. Even if you are still in Japan, amazon is nice cause they have stuff that is used, something that is a bit harder to find in real stores. If only the brazilian RPG market had that kind of vitality...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom