Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

halberdofages

Barely Literate
Hello. Thank you so much for the fantastic resource. I had looked for a translation to some of the excellent Japanese games for years, and while I found a few translation groups, this is where I was able to find the biggest compilation of resources.

Most recently, I really enjoyed Eien no Aselia. I had tried most other games within the PC list as stated in the first post of this thread.

May I ask if the first post has been updated any recently?

From what I can tell, I can't find any links within the past several months posted for the PC. I'd love to play a game similar to Eien no Aselia, Ys series, etc... again.

Thanks for your help.

spekkio

Arcane
this is where I was able to find the biggest compilation of resources
You mean for PC hentai games? :roll: Well, The 'Dex is very peculiar environment...

May I ask if the first post has been updated any recently.
No. I plan to do this sometime in the future, but...

I can't find any links within the past several months posted for the PC. I'd love to play a game similar to Eien no Aselia, Ys series...
Either nothing interesting was going on recently or resident hentaifags are hiding something...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You can always try the RPGCodex critically acclaimed Strategy-RPG hybrid "Sengoku Rance".

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
New Rance translation is incoming, Seinarukana on the long run.

If you haven't tried it yet, Kamidori can be interesting.

There are only so many games with good gameplay, and the few and far in between tend to be behemoths that take years to translate and hack.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Speaking of kamidori, Aroduc, it's translator, just did a post on his blog detailing his long history of smut translation. No links to where to get the downloads, but just knowing the names of all those translated games should net you some stuff to play I'd imagine.

laclongquan

Arcane
You mean his latest post about his works on various games. I guess THAT gaining him some notoriety for showcase the weak points of Jap game development and lead to him pull down all his download links just to be safe.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Not really, JP PC games are notoriously programmed and everyone knows it.

It's his Romanesque kickstarter shenanigans that made him pull down all his download links.

halberdofages

Barely Literate
Lol, thanks! I don't necessarily mean games with H as much as the particular types of JRPG variations that have been translated here that I can't find elsewhere. I actually tried Kamidori, but found the story too tropey (even more than Aselia) :/

I guess Rance is the one left huh. I'll re-try that too then - though I don't really care for the H THAT much.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Yumina the Ethereal is out. It's a dungeon crawler with Aselia's combat system.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
but is the dating sim part good

that is the most important part

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
I made it just past the prologue (which took about thirty minutes). Being a fan of Jap shit in general, I didn't much mind the usual anime personalities or tropes but it did remind me of why I generally dislike Japanese visual novels/dating sims -- the conversations are so fucking long. Talking about almost nothing takes five minutes, ten if you fully listen to the voices. Didn't get to a battle yet, so I can't say how well done (or not) they are, though I'm sure with another thirty minutes of playing I'd probably get to one... but I'm not sure if I wanna.

Also, the content warning made lol:
Please note that the completely fictional sexual encounters depicted in this game do not always include safe sex practices, nor do they necessarily demonstrate the full range of sensitivity, communication, and intimacy necessary to sustain a real life interpersonal relationship.

I guess basing my relationships on what I learned in True Love is why they all fail :(

TigerKnee

Arcane
Rule of VNs: Never say something in 5 words when you can say it in 500.

Rance must be one of the few rare series where scenes don't drag on forever.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
The Suikogaiden II patch was recently completed, you can get it here.

A fully playable translation for Suikoden Card Stories was also released.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Uh... That 2nd Yumina OP video is quite supermassive spoiler for the game. I mean, I am 15 hours into the game and only now did I get the reveal.

That's some unique kind of crazy right there, you gotta hand it to them.

Still a pretty shit game, but at I am hoping that I'll be able to ignore that super dumbfuck of a heroine from now on...

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I doubt it's hentai, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the boxed version in stores back in Tokyo, and it came with a boob mousepad. Could be mixing it up with another game though, I didn't exactly investigate further.

Drakron

Arcane
Its not, its a PS3 and Xbox 360 game so it never was since you cannot fly that under Sony and Microsoft radar in the first place.

As for the "oppai pad" ... thats real.

http://www.giantbomb.com/record-of-agarest-war/3030-27113/

Oh the PC version seems to be based on the Xbox 350 version.

The PC version of Agarest: Generations Of War will be based on the North American Xbox 360 release and will feature Aksys Games’ excellent English text translation but will retain the original Japanese voice overs.

I would more willing to give it a pass if it was based on Ghostlight PS3 version but instead they appeared to gone to present the best option on PC so pre-ordered.

Last edited:
Rule of VNs: Never say something in 5 words when you can say it in 500.

Rance must be one of the few rare series where scenes don't drag on forever.

So god damned true...

Even Rance starts to drag the H-scenes out at times. *25 lines of Rance sucking on boobs and the girl screaming*, *25 more lines of Rance fingering and the girl screaming*, *25 lines of AND THEN I RAM IT IN and the girl screaming*.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom