Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

spekkio

Arcane
stabby

Added Table of Fails in 1st post.

:cry:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno if you're going all the way back to the SNES days, but Star Ocean, Terranigma, and Secret of Mana 2 all were never officially released in English and received fan translations.

spekkio

Arcane
Dunno if you're going all the way back to the SNES days...
I'm not. With an exception when something really cool gets translated (in the future). Like one of SMT games. There are simply too many Snes games translated.

stabby

Learned
PC
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd

Trying to add some prestige to a handheld game and make yourself feel less embarrassed to play them, are we? Jokes aside, nicely done good chap, and if you'll excuse me I need to back away from my computer for a while. I just remembered a game that was translated, and I gotta hide before it finds me. Quitting it cold turkey was hard enough the first time, I don't want to tempt fate again...

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
yuno-pc98-6.png

Added to my list.:thumbsup:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Good article on YU-NO, the Planescape: Torment of wapanese games: http://hardcoregaming101.net/yuno/yuno.htm

:hmmm:

Last time I heard about a wapanes PS:T,the game in question had the protagonist change sexes several times (including several degrees of trani/futa), tentacles, loli, hardcore BDSM, tons of untasteful rape... well, you get the idea.

Not falling for that again.
No, this is the real thing bro. Worst thing in the game I can think of is
the protagonist boning his in-game daughter and even that can be explained away rather easily
and it happens in the epilogue which should be skipped anyway (it's linear, way too long and utter shit)

Good article on YU-NO, the Planescape: Torment of wapanese games: http://hardcoregaming101.net/yuno/yuno.htm

Heh, I just read this retrospective recently and even thought about doing an LP. Maybe I should, even though I'm no RK47. It sounds like an actually interesting VN.
It's certainly THE game for C&C fags.

Anyway, been playing this VN recently, the music in it is really really good and worth playing for this alone. Also, it's looooong

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Elf Classics was released in a unique tin can packaging, and came with numerous extras, such as keychains, poster, phone card, calendar, and a pink vibrator (batteries and lubricant included).

Now that's what I call quality feelies.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anyway, been playing this VN recently, the music in it is really really good and worth playing for this alone. Also, it's looooong

Kira-Kira... Kirari normal end. T_T

You might want to check out DearDrops, by the same company. I think it's overall inferior to Kira-Kira, but it has some nice scenes in it. The humour feels a bit better there. Edelweiss is also good, but route quality is all over the place.

Best thing OverDrive have ever released is still Dengeki Stryker (Masaaki Endoh OP and Nabeshin!).

Or at least it would be, if they didn't go and make CHOU DENGEKI STRYKER. Sigh.

Karmapowered

Augur

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hi weeabos.

Has that "Rance in space" game been translated?

EDIT: Nvm, it was that Dai-something. Thanks Karmapowered!

Hi weeabos.

Has that "Rance in space" game been translated?

EDIT: Nvm, it was that Dai-something. Thanks Karmapowered!

Partialy, there is even a lp here somewhere.

The game is called Daitekoku. There is also Daibanchou (translated) and Daiajuki (or something like that, untranslated). Just don't miss the big bang one with the space one.

Daitekoku's translator seems to have dissapeared or something, so who knows when it will be completed. Translators love doing that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Big bang age, what is that? Looks more like jrpg than strategy.

Well, it's a StrategyRPG hybrid. You have to play through different stages, the first one is conquering your school, later on you conquer the city... Unfortunately the game has some hardcore timelimits, so you can't fool around. Still the best game of the genre is Sengoku Rance.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I found BBA to be good for a one playthrough, at the very least. It's got like a trillion characters and by the late game the actual difficulty will be in moving them around to rest your combat characters while maximizing profit and ensuring your regions don't go rogue. Still, it's fun in a solve the puzzle sort of way.

This is one of those games where I fully recommend using the wiki for some help, given that the mechanics are somewhat confusing in the beginning.
http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Bang_Age

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You should plan for at least two playthroughs. It's a complicated strategy game... You would understand later about what she talks at the beginning, and why she bites him.

PorkaMorka

Arcane

Unfortunately, unlike Rance, the plot/characters/ sex scenes are incredibly boring. And there is a lot of tedious talk to read. There may be some gameplay hidden under there, but I wouldn't bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom