Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. You can now buy a 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 for $30 USD (includes postage), simply [donate to the campaign] here! (Only 35 / 100 remaining)
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Discussion in 'jRPG Weaboo Discussion' started by spekkio, Jan 23, 2010.

1. felicity Scholar

felicity
    Click here and disable ads!
    It's an old translation but I just discovered.

Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.

It is a board game-ish strategy game. You control 1-6 squads on the world map and fulfill mission objectives. Each squad is made up of up to 3 elements: Attacker, Defender, and Supporter. "Spirits" can be assigned to these roles and of course each has their own skill set and some are better in defender role and so on.

There is no tactical control. You may set which skills to be used and then the combat will resolve automatically. Skill uses in combat is ordered in phases, and can only be used a number of times before running of uses (similar to DnD's spell system).

Your rating is shown at the end of mission. It can be difficult to get SS (the highest rank). There is no need to grind in this game, you don't get experience from combat. You only need mana (money) and trainer to level up your Spirits. You get mana from capturing town, getting a high rating, reaching mission objective etc.

Some tips:
    Ctrl - Fastward battles, and most importantly texts. There are tons of shitty writings.
    L - Skip battle. Convenient when you're confident in your battle planning.
    1-6 number keys - Immediately takes control of the designated squad.
    Download the English walkthrough if you want to rush for SS rating. You will need to know the turns limitation in each mission.
    Don't train the loli (well the loli-est of the lolis) on your first playthroug. She is a waste of mana until high level.
    ^ Top  
  2. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  3. felicity Scholar

felicity
  4. pipka Savant

pipka
  5. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Rape time!
    ^ Top  
  6. Catalina Scholar

Catalina
    ^ Top  
  7. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    So bro what kind of guy did you prefer to date
    ^ Top  
  8. Silentrider Learned

Silentrider
    So, where do I download rance2?
    ^ Top  
  9. Catalina Scholar

Catalina
    You can date girls in that game. Sort of.

Going on double dates with them to the amusment park, picking to ride all the rides with the girl, and leaving the boys to ride the merry go round together never fails to amuse.

ETA: Also, this.
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  10. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    not shoujo ai enough :rpgcodex:

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  11. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :lol: :lol:
    ^ Top  
  12. pipka Savant

pipka
    Go to hongfire. Search for Alicesoft 2010.
    ^ Top  
  13. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    Some fags (partially) translated three PSP games:
    • Hatsune Miku - should be right up Codex' alley :roll:
    • Mystery Dungeon - Shiren The Wanderer 3 Portable
    • Way of the Samurai Portable
    http://akatranslations.wikispaces.com/

Thanks BitGaymer!
    ^ Top  
  14. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  15. Kawaii Theurgist Prestigious Gentleman Liturgist

Kawaii Theurgist
    There's either a new Crescent Pale Mist fan translation going around or someone finally decided to make the old fan translation actually available for all those doujin gamers who aren neko witches kawaii theurgists. In any case...

The english patch.
    The game.

The second link I believe to be for the already fully up to date version, ready to be applied the translation with nothing else done before. I haven't yet tried myself those links given I already did play the game before, but given how very good Crescent Pale Mist actually is I thought about sharing them with Codexia's weaboo squad. For those of you who aren't wise in the Doujin ways, Crescent Pale Mist is like a combination of castlevania like somewhat open levels, a quite fun combat system, and mostly danmaku bosses. It's quite amazing, and one of my favourite Doujin games.

Click here.

That link is for the trailer of the version Rockin' Android translated for Playstation Network past year, which was part of the reason the english translation for the PC version had to go underground.
    ^ Top  
  16. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Symphony of Eternity for the android has been released in English. Here is a review

I gave it a try and it looks pretty good. It's basically a mix of old school nes/snes jRPGs, it mostly reminds me of Chrono trigger and early FF.

Pros :
    -Slick and somewhat complex character system that lets you change classes on the fly and learn new abilities.
    -Simple and effective turn based combat that reminds me a bit of FFX.
    -NO random encounters. You can see the enemies on the map, avoid them if you like (Chrono trigger style) or even try to sneak up on them.
    -So far I haven't been forced to grind, and the boss battles seem challenging. Combat difficulty and encounters seem balanced.
    -Nice 2D graphics.
    -Simple fantasy story that the game doesn't take very seriously.
    -A lot of good dungeon crawling and even secret dungeons that can be unlocked after the end of the main story.
    -Great midi music.

Cons:
    -Controls can be a bit clunky, especially when you're trying to sneak up on enemies.
    - JRpg
    - Translation could be better.

If you have an android phone and want to try something like that, I definitely recommend to give it a try.
    ^ Top  
  17. Black Cat Prestigious Gentleman Cipher

Black Cat
    As I understand...

[​IMG]

... has just received a translation, so now we have both of the best Liar-Soft visual novels translated into the civilized languages.

Click here to watch the opening. The art and the atmosphere are both pretty cool, and the music is great.

So go and get it. And, if you haven't already, go and get Sekien No Inganock too.

Click here to watch Sekien No Inganock opening. Again, the art and the atmosphere are very cool, and the music is still great.

Both games are steampunk with noir and horror elements, in a very interesting setting. Or maybe two, I haven't heard anything conclusive about whether or not all the What a beautiful thingie games happen in the same world or not, but most people I know asume they do.
    ^ Top  
  18. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    ^ http://vndb.org/v1027

Amaterasu hasn't translated anything shitty yet, so I guess I'll have to take a look.
    ^ Top  
  19. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    In related news, Gemini and Tom are working hard on not releasing Soul Hackers' translation yet.

link

:(
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Just popping in to let everyone know there is an English translation patch for Touhou Soujinengi, a turn-based Touhou indie RPG influenced by the SaGa Series. Basically, if you enjoyed Labyrinth of Touhou (I made a pretty hot thread about the game not so long ago), then chances are you're going to enjoy this game too. In fact, it's supposed to be just pure rape, in the good sense of the word. We can only hope that's true.

[​IMG]

The Genius of Sappheiros (東方蒼神縁起, romanized Touhou Soujinengi, meaning Blue God Omen) is a traditional turn-based RPG released at Comiket 78, heavily influenced by traditional console roleplaying games such as the SaGa Series. Despite being an RPG, it follows a traditional Touhou stage-based format, with each stage being its own dungeon.

Video 1
    Video 2
    Video 3

:incline:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game itself can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IK0O3SUH
    Then you must apply the 2.00 -> 2.06 patch that you can download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THZ1N1IP or directly here: http://www.gensoukyou.org/update/souzin206x.exe
    And finally the current version of the translation patch can be found at the bottom of the first post here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10383.0.html

Cheers, I'm off!
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  21. Black Cat Prestigious Gentleman Cipher

Black Cat
    I'm so proud, she's turning into a true Touhoutard. Now it's only a matter of time until she starts uploading images of herself cosplaying Suwako.

:love:

Have I ever recomended a bad Visual Novel here?

:rpgcodex:

Who cares about Soul Hackers'? We want Little Princess!
    Crooked Bee Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  22. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    As if I didn't have enough dungeon crawlers to play already …
    ^ Top  
  23. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    Shining Force 2. Is that game any good ? I vaguely remember playing it years ago. Had my fill of W.games, I'll do another run of PST later, looking at Jgames (and potato neighborhood games as well) now.
    ^ Top  
  24. Black Cat Prestigious Gentleman Cipher

Black Cat
    I have just been informed Koumajou Densetsu II has gotten an official translation patch, just like the first one did.

For those who aren't in the know, the Koumajou Densetsu games are Castlevania clones in Touhou's Gensokyo setting. Each game follows the story of an official Touhou game in some measure, though not very closely and adapted to the new medium and style. They also use some danmaku elements in boss fights and elsewhere, which is kind of awesome in a Castlevania clone.

Clicky click here to watch a video of Koumajou Densetsu II Stranger's Requiem. It shows most of the second stage, including the boss fight againt Chen. Though for some reason the video was recorded on easy modo regardless of what Reisen and Tewi have to say about that.

And Frontier Aja's touhou artwork is still awesome:

[​IMG]

You can download the english and french language files from here, as well as the patches up to 1.02. The game you can find on your own, hmpf.
    ^ Top  
  25. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    You weren't kidding with the Castlevania-clone thingie …
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)