Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Transformers: Devastation by Platinum Games

Black

Arcane
A new game by Platinum, published by Activision.

I don't give a fuck about Platinum, their Bayonettas and Revengances, but my inner 5yo has been waiting for a proper G1 (the original Transformers) game forever.
Apparently they got both Frank Welker and Peter Cullen and more to do VAs.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This is the first Transformers game to interest me in ages.

The fact that some of the voice actors from the original show are dead might explain the strange and limited lineup of playable characters.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Probably because it's the real old school tranformers and not some futuristic shit.

Black

Arcane

The fact that some of the voice actors from the original show are dead might explain the strange and limited lineup of playable characters.
Yeah, RIP in peas Starscream/Kool Kobra Kommander.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, Chris Latta was awesome. Trivia fact: He was the original voice actor for Mr. Burns and Moe Slyzak on The Simpsons, but had to leave the show for some reason.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
O... oh my
shred.png

Try 'the first Transformers thing' and 'in decades'.

Black

Arcane
O... oh my
shred.png

Haven't played but Fall of Cybertron looked pretty good, saw an entire let's play. It's not G1 but does its best to have enough fanservice and okay gameplay.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
O... oh my
shred.png

Haven't played but Fall of Cybertron looked pretty good, saw an entire let's play. It's not G1 but does its best to have enough fanservice and okay gameplay.
Fall and its prequel War were good because it took a step back from modern "gaming." No sticky cover. Very easy to run out of ammo and health (the return of ammo and health boxes!). Some pretty damn hard boss fights.. some that had an arcade feeling with tough timing, having to dodge patterns of lasers, etc.

War for Cybertron was a nutbuster on Hard.

Also War for Cybertron is better because you can co-op, and it's great like that.

The main issue I have with those games is the level graphics are horrendous because everything is machinery and your character is machinery so it's both tedium and major eyestrain to play through it lol.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The "Cybertron" games were p.cool and had a bit of an oldschool feel to them in the depressing age of popamole. I like previous Platinum games so I'm looking forward to this one. Too bad it's not based on this:

Ivan

Arcane

finally some news details:

5 levels of difficulty inspires confidence, both that it has a typically great combat system that takes time to master
50 combat challenges, just like Bayonetta (can't believe Revengeance botched this aspect with it's "stealth" extras)

Game looks absotutely georgeous. this will be a good snack before Bayo3, MGR2, or whatever the next entree will be.

Martius

Liturgist
Man can dream...
Anyway looks like this game will get physical release on pc and German amazon is selling it for around half of steam price but I have no idea why it shows release date over one month later than actual one. Maybe it will be useful for some comrades in Europe.

Andhaira

Arcane
This looks fucking amazing. I never played the modern TFormers games because I didn't like the look, not to mention in the latter ones I heard you cannot transform at will ?? :retarded:

But this...cell shaded was always the way to go. And the original look. I just hope you get Prime + Hotrod + Blaster and/or Grimlock for autobot side, and Megatron + Soundwave + Starscream for Decepticon side. If you can play both sides.

Also, Devastator. You get to play as one of the constructicons and choose when to transform into the big guy. The 2 good mega transformer teams who can combine from the autobot side would be cool to play as well. If not in this then the sequel/DLC.

Martius

Liturgist
This looks fucking amazing. I never played the modern TFormers games because I didn't like the look, not to mention in the latter ones I heard you cannot transform at will ?? :retarded:
If you tolerate third person shooters than last Highmoon game is pretty decent - Fall of Cybertron. Its inspired by G1 but with some modern twist unlike Bay movies.

Ivan

Arcane
Does anyone know if this is a $60 game, i.e., full fledged? Or is it going to be like the Korra $15 game?

Machocruz

Arcane
They should put Starscream in there and just use voice samples from the show.

And the Cybertron games are cool, bros. Despite the boring machine visuals, there is some good spectacle in these games when you have giant TFs like Trypticon and Omega Supreme on screen.

Ivan

Arcane
time for some :incline:
dat music

:bounce: da sound of metal crushing against metal, the cars, the colors, the gameplay, the sounds, dis gone be SO gud

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
How nice of the Codex to unwatch my own thread for me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finally, the Legend of Grimlock we've always asked for :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom