Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
As much as I want to dislike TB for being a cheeky cunt, I appreciate his stance on console peasants and gaming "journalism." He posted a 30-minute rant about the latter a few days back.

Pg3ajJC.jpg

holy fucking shit, eating spaghetti with fork AND KNIFE =_= no semi-civilized almost-human being on earth would do such a thing.
He's a brit, they cannot into food as is known.

Exactly. These are people who drown their tea in milk and get snobby about it.

But he's right about the controller of course.

Sodafish

Arcane
If you think English are bad you should see how the Indians drink their tea. I can drink it either way (black or with milk), but much prefer coffee anyway :obviously:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Exactly. These are people who drown their tea in milk and get snobby about it.
so do potatos (esp during communism) and the french (who invented it).

I never met any potato who would drink tea with milk. Sure they drink coffe with cream and milk all the time. But tea with milk is something new to me.
as i said, it was mostly popular during communism. ask a non-newfag potato about bawarka.

Machocruz

Arcane
I've always drank black tea with half and half and sugar. Only black tea though. With chamomile or green tea is just begging for an ass kicking.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's the point supposed to be of that pictuire?

Giving the console port of Minecraft a 9.7 on "next-gen" consoles, but a 9.0 on PC is laughable.

Absolutely everything about the PC version is superior to the console versions, including the controls (mouse and keyboard aren't supported on console versions even though they could be), the graphics and graphics options, performance, modability, availability of private servers, and ease of use and customization of multiplayer.

Redlands

Arcane

That consoles gamers are so mentally underpowered you need to mention their consoles twice to them vs once for the glorious PC master race.

Coyote

Arcane
Clearly those are within-platform comparisons that subtly indicate the superiority of PC gaming as a whole. :obviously:

"PS4: Minecraft is still one of the best games available. 9.7/10"
"PC: It's good, but there's better shit out there. 9.0/10"

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why so obsessive over sleuthing out a defense for IGNorant?

It immediately crossed my mind that the reviews may have been written by different people and at different times, particularly since the console versions came later. Nonetheless, the review scores stand, and that is how they're displayed to persons browsing on mobile, with no explanation of the dates or different reviewers.

We already know IGN is shit. Images like these are for entertainment purposes, mainly. Besides which, even the 2011 PC version of Minecraft was arguably superior to the 2014 Xbone version. Also, since the popamole scoring scale pretty much goes from 7-10 (unless the game's indie or the publisher doesn't buy IGN ad space), .5 or .7 isn't minor.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't like seeing people make up shit. There's enough comedy out there without doing that.

The 2011 Minecraft version was pretty weak. They added a bunch of stuff afterwards.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rock Paper Shotgun now has a "premium subscription" program: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/supportrps/

Hello! The RPS Supporter Program is here. A premium version of the site for those who love it best.

Becoming an RPS Supporter means getting access to a whole new daily stream of writing from your favourite RPS scribes, appearing right in your main feed when you’re logged in, as well as helping us work on all-new reader-funded projects. The Supporter Program is additional to the existing site, so the current crop of news, reviews and features remains unchanged. The Supporter program simply gives you more, if you want it.

Not only that, becoming a Supporter means you’ll get regular free gifts, which are currently money off some games over at GOG.com, and a ludicrously gorgeous Horace hat for Team Fortress 2.IMPORTANT: gifts are supplied on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed due to limited numbers. However, any new gifts – which are set to appear regularly throughout the year – will be added automatically to any active account.

If you want to become an RPS Supporter, just pick one of the two options below, and you’ll receive emails with all the instructions you need. When you’re logged in, you’ll see the exclusive Supporter only sections of RPS, and feel all lovely in your tummy.

Draw your own conclusions. :M

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Rock Paper Shotgun now has a "premium subscription" program: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/supportrps/

Hello! The RPS Supporter Program is here. A premium version of the site for those who love it best.

Becoming an RPS Supporter means getting access to a whole new daily stream of writing from your favourite RPS scribes, appearing right in your main feed when you’re logged in, as well as helping us work on all-new reader-funded projects. The Supporter Program is additional to the existing site, so the current crop of news, reviews and features remains unchanged. The Supporter program simply gives you more, if you want it.

Not only that, becoming a Supporter means you’ll get regular free gifts, which are currently money off some games over at GOG.com, and a ludicrously gorgeous Horace hat for Team Fortress 2.IMPORTANT: gifts are supplied on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed due to limited numbers. However, any new gifts – which are set to appear regularly throughout the year – will be added automatically to any active account.

If you want to become an RPS Supporter, just pick one of the two options below, and you’ll receive emails with all the instructions you need. When you’re logged in, you’ll see the exclusive Supporter only sections of RPS, and feel all lovely in your tummy.

Somebody lost their advertisers.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Giving the console port of Minecraft a 9.7 on "next-gen" consoles, but a 9.0 on PC is laughable.

Absolutely everything about the PC version is superior to the console versions, including the controls (mouse and keyboard aren't supported on console versions even though they could be), the graphics and graphics options, performance, modability, availability of private servers, and ease of use and customization of multiplayer.

The bar for greatness is just that much lower in consoletopia.

Koschey

Arcane

Seeing RPS' growing popularity, I bet this will be very profitable for them.

Oh, no, wait.
rps.jpg

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom