Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
As much as I want to dislike TB for being a cheeky cunt, I appreciate his stance on console peasants and gaming "journalism." He posted a 30-minute rant about the latter a few days back.

Pg3ajJC.jpg

As much as I want to dislike TB for being a cheeky cunt, I appreciate his stance on console peasants and gaming "journalism." He posted a 30-minute rant about the latter a few days back.

Pg3ajJC.jpg

holy fucking shit, eating spaghetti with fork AND KNIFE =_= no semi-civilized almost-human being on earth would do such a thing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've been placed in a position where I'll look like a cock for defending chopsticks in this context, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Learn to use chopsticks properly, you uncultured faggots. *tips coolie hat*

Sodafish

Arcane
I always felt chopsticks were like the controllers of food eating. Yes, I can use them, but damn are they fucking useless for most food.

Exactly. I can use them too, but knife/fork/spoon are simply superior eating implements in every single way.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Well, spaghetti are mighty long noodles.
which is why you use a spoon to help spool them on the fork if you are too much of a popamoler to do it with just the fork. cutting them is simply barbaric....

Cadmus

Arcane
Well, spaghetti are mighty long noodles.
which is why you use a spoon to help spool them on the fork if you are too much of a popamoler to do it with just the fork. cutting them is simply barbaric....
You only use the fork for spaghetti afaik.
Fuck that anyway, I eat like a pig, suck them up until the sauce is splashing everywhere and half of the food from my mouth drops back onto the plate.

A user named cat

I usually resemble my dog after eating spaghetti; chin covered in Ragu and fully satisfied look on face.

Fuck, spaghetti is awesome.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I always felt chopsticks were like the controllers of food eating. Yes, I can use them, but damn are they fucking useless for most food.

The chef I worked with was a Chinaman. He handles chopsticks with great skills but finds them inefficient to eat with so he prefers to use forks, knives and spoons. He mostly uses chopsticks to arrange food on the plate before serving, as they allow for more precision.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The first time I went to the Vietnamese restaurant I used to go to, the owner saw me trying to eat pho with chopsticks and said "dude, I'm Asian and even I don't try to do that." Not using chopsticks to eat noodles, rice and the like is completely understandable. However, it is the way to eat sushi - it doesn't take long to master, and if you don't do it you'll really look and feel like a baka gaijin.

Turjan

Arcane
They have their specific uses. They are pretty good for any kind of long noodles, and if those long noodles are in some kind of soup, they are your best choice.

I originally started using chopsticks to slow down my eating. Well, that doesn't work anymore.

Pg3ajJC.jpg

holy fucking shit, eating spaghetti with fork AND KNIFE =_= no semi-civilized almost-human being on earth would do such a thing.
He's a brit, they cannot into food as is known.

Gerrard

Arcane
Look at me guys, I'm using a controller that takes hours of practice just to get to the default level of a mouse user who, after spending the same amount of time practicing, would reach the level impossible to reach on a pad. I'm so cool.

Azazel

Arbiter
The first time I went to the Vietnamese restaurant I used to go to, the owner saw me trying to eat pho with chopsticks and said "dude, I'm Asian and even I don't try to do that." Not using chopsticks to eat noodles, rice and the like is completely understandable. However, it is the way to eat sushi - it doesn't take long to master, and if you don't do it you'll really look and feel like a baka gaijin.

Bwaaaa? Eating Pho with chopsticks is easy mode though. Same with Ramen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom