Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Brinko

Arcane
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/24nvlb/destructoid_lets_go_of_six_members_of_staff_shuts/

Apparently Destructoid is having to drop some of its people. Only thing I could find on the people not involved in the twitch crap have been frantic twitter posts about how they need to find a new job fast.

Hopefully by Monday someone will have compiled a full casualty list for easy reading to add on to this fire that shit site deserves.

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/24nvlb/destructoid_lets_go_of_six_members_of_staff_shuts/

Apparently Destructoid is having to drop some of its people. Only thing I could find on the people not involved in the twitch crap have been frantic twitter posts about how they need to find a new job fast.

Hopefully by Monday someone will have compiled a full casualty list for easy reading to add on to this fire that shit site deserves.

It's simple: why pay anyone when millions of desperate fanboys are ready to do the same work for free?

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
8yyWb.png

Haha, Jesus, how about you get a job you fat nerd? Ugh, these fucking times, man.

Angthoron

Arcane
I know: they should organize a gamejourno labor union. Have strikes when they don't get enough doritos and early release materials, picket publisher offices, have special rings, all that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I know: they should organize a gamejourno labor union. Have strikes when they don't get enough doritos and early release materials, picket publisher offices, have special rings, all that.
Some kind of union would probably be good in this mess, since one thing unions do is define standards for professional behavior.

retardation

Learned
I once heard Vargas use "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" and that's when I completely stopped watching his reviews. If I, living in the Balkans, can get a better grasp of English language grammar than Vargas, who was born in Texas, then fuck Vargas and his illiterate attempts at journalism.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I once heard Vargas use "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" and that's when I completely stopped watching his reviews. If I, living in the Balkans, can get a better grasp of English language grammar than Vargas, who was born in Texas, then fuck Vargas and his illiterate attempts at journalism.
:bro: Because we all know that style>substance.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
being a games journalist isn't a real job so I'm having a hard time feeling any pity for these people. I can't imagine a less productive job.

Cadmus

Arcane
ekspecially

Boleskine

Arcane
There is no such thing as a "games journalist". There are games bloggers, games reviewers, and undercover big studio PR agents.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious, but that PC Powerplay review is 10/100.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You do realise that this is how Americans actually speak, right? That they literally say, word for word, "I could care less", and that they consider that to be correct? It's not that Vargas is an especially stupid American, it's that the people as a whole are muddle-headed.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think it basically started as people saying the phrase quickly and the "n't" not being that audible, then a generation of retards heard that and really started thinking the actual phrase was "could care less."

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You do realise that this is how Americans actually speak, right? That they literally say, word for word, "I could care less", and that they consider that to be correct? It's not that Vargas is an especially stupid American, it's that the people as a whole are muddle-headed.
It's just a dialectical thing, it doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. Just like lots of dialects in the English language use double negatives to mean a negative. It doesn't make any sense from a precision of language perspective, but dialects in all languages have very little to do with linguistic precision.

Edit: though of course, someone who considers himself a professional journalist should be concerned with linguistic precision, so it doesn't excuse Vargas.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
OR MAYBE SOMETIMES YOU CARE VERY LITTLE AND COULD CARE EVEN LESS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom