Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
NYlwPBp.png
OMG LIEK, IT'S FREE?!?!?!

Seriously?
Free for SimCity Premium subscribers, others pay $15.99

Angthoron

Arcane
FUCK YOU EA FOR RUINING MY MMO EXPERIENCE BY TAKING THE GAME OFFLINE NOW THE COMMUNITY IS GONNA RUINED.

...Someone should actually say that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Brian Fargo reveals the tricks of the trade:
doritonuts.PNG

Donuts vs doritos, which is better and why?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
On the one hand, Doritos are tasty, but unfulfilling and leave your fingers covered in powder. On the other, donuts are sticky and leave your fingers soiled as well, but at least they leave you feeling somewhat full and satisfied - but they do have less dudebro appeal.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've lost my taste for Chee-Tos, Doritos, Pringles and such in recent years. To me they taste like highly processed low-grade corn or potatoes loaded down with preservatives and nasty chemical powder, which is of course exactly what they are—dressed-up cattle feed. That's not even pretentiousness. I wish I still liked them, because I used to love chowing down on junk food and kicking back with a novel or movie occasionally.

I think I've had too much good eatin' in recent years. About the most lowbrow snack I still enjoy are Triscuits with cream cheese and smoked oysters, or spinach and artichoke cheese dip. I do still love Slim Jims, pepperoni (the nastiest oily shit known to mankind), and gummi candy though.

Coyote

Arcane
So now we see why Anthony Davis decided to put ranks into Profession (Donut Wrangler)!

J1M

Arcane

I didn't really care much about the site closing down. What did piss me off was the fact that they removed all the articles without making them accessible in some way/form. There were a few articles on the Report that I was interested in
It's pretty clear that the Penny Arcade guys viewed the experiment as a failure and that's why they fired everyone working on PAR and are taking down the site. They said nice things publicly, but with a level of hyperbole to indicate sarcasm.

PAR was started as a response to the dishonest and corrupt game journalism that this thread is about. Unfortunately, it quickly became exactly like any other news site. They probably should have hired someone who was not involved with the game journalism world to run it. Or maybe just someone who was not as dishonest and pathetic as Ben Kuchera.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I've lost my taste for Chee-Tos, Doritos, Pringles and such in recent years. To me they taste like highly processed low-grade corn or potatoes loaded down with preservatives and nasty chemical powder, which is of course exactly what they are—dressed-up cattle feed. That's not even pretentiousness. I wish I still liked them, because I used to love chowing down on junk food and kicking back with a novel or movie occasionally.
Do not be so dismissive of Pringles. I'll have you know that the machine that cooks them was developed by monocled novelist Gene Wolfe :obviously:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Do not be so dismissive of Pringles. I'll have you know that the machine that cooks them was developed by monocled novelist Gene Wolfe :obviously:

Pringles are shit-tier chips, but Gene Wolfe is a god-tier speculative fiction writer.

I'm very torn here.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The fact that a monocled gentleman designed a machine intended to create cattle feed doesn't change the fact that it produces cattle feed, JEEZ GUYS.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What's that? People lose their jobs because of an unstable and toxic industry?

b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif
b87.gif

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anybody getting into game programming expecting stability is delusional. It sucks to get laid off but a game programmer should always expect that to happen. Especially given the unreliable nature of game sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom