Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Repressed Homosexual
As others have pointed a few pages ago, these people don't know anything about decorum, they simply partake in an hypocritical, self-serving contest of self-righteousness, and it's become such a circus that it's a disgrace to the memory of the guy who passed away. I understand his family and friends who just want to mourn in peace. Stay contained and discrete, give him a few short but sincere thoughts, and let him rest in peace.

As others have pointed a few pages ago, these people don't know anything about decorum, they simply partake in an hypocritical, self-serving contest of self-righteousness, and it's become such a circus that it's a disgrace to the memory of the guy who passed away. I understand his family and friends who just want to mourn in peace. Stay contained and discrete, give him a few short but sincere thoughts, and let him rest in peace.
:lol: Subtle.

gromit

Arcane
Not sure who said that, but even for as fat as he was it likely wasn't a heart attack. Even healthy people can drop dead at odd ages.
I know what you mean, but there's something inherently unhealthy about you if you're able to drop dead at an odd age, even if it isn't apparent without scans and bloodwork.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not sure who said that, but even for as fat as he was it likely wasn't a heart attack. Even healthy people can drop dead at odd ages.
I know what you mean, but there's something inherently unhealthy about you if you're able to drop dead at an odd age, even if it isn't apparent without scans and bloodwork.

It could have been bad genes, his health, or a combination.

gromit

Arcane
It could have been bad genes
inherently unhealthy (...) even if it isn't apparent
I was just being pedantic.

Still, now that the subject's broached... there are relatively few "ha ha, bad genes, you're fucked" conditions which aren't exacerbated or hastened by not taking care of yourself. Like, if you have "bad luck diabetes" (I forget which type that is) you probably don't want to get fat and chug pepsi anyway. Or if you have, say, an AVM, drink yourself blind every day... or smoke if you have sarcoidosis.

Bodies are fudgy, squishy, fragile machines. Don't take care of yours, and you're reeeeeeeeally asking for it, one way or another.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ryan apparently had severe sleep apnea for much of his life. Could have contributed to things.

Delterius

Arcane
First, I went back a few hundred pages on the BioWare thread and laughed at the Hepler incident like it was today. Now, I look at this discussion of a poor man's health disabilities and weep for the memories of grostnik's epic posts.

Guys, I think we're running out of things to joke about.

gromit

Arcane
Obesity is just a sympton (of sleep apnea)
2i9mark.png

Isn't sleep apnea usually caused by obesity, anyway?
I'm not sure about "usually" (that may be right, and it wouldn't surprise me) but essentially any physical deviation from a "normal and ideal" pathway can be the cause. So best case scenario, we're back to exacerbating our own medical problems.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like that he ignores the "I have brought it up privately in the past and was completely ignored" part and tells sea to settle the matter privately.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like that he ignores the "I have brought it up privately in the past and was completely ignored" part and tells sea to settle the matter privately.

regardless of what happened "in the past"
"Regardless of it proving completely ineffective in the past, please talk to the management about it privately, maybe it's going to work this time"

Do you know the popular definition of insanity?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sea Feel free to start a new thread for this in CRPG discussion for extra drama :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Codex doesn't copy paste other people's news without attribution. Stealing has nothing to do with it.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Don't worry I already have resolved it since I can't please everyone on this site. I only joined to help spread news on RPG's. In four months I find my drive to do so slipping everyday.

I posted many news-bits written by my own hand and some copied and altered. To say I copied every post is a outright a lie. Well enjoy everybody as I'm steeping down.

After today I will not be posting anymore news-bits. I'm sorry there will be less news in the future for everyone to read. As that is all I cared about.

:butthurt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom