Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
not enough candles

kris

Arcane
Remember to rate this poast "edgy"

1oljubjm2z8z.png

it certainly looks like he wrote that on a computer or he have the universe most steady hand.

Nahel

Arcane
4 races is such a joke. They have most of the job done but CA is just too corrupted right now. They will never make a good or great game again, just cashgrabs.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
4 races is such a joke. They have most of the job done but CA is just too corrupted right now. They will never make a good or great game again, just cashgrabs.
Don't know what you are talking about.
There are more than 4 races.
If you also have the first part, all of its addons, the second part and all future addons of that!

Well, I'm enjoying the complete first part right now, which I got for "cheap" (about 50$ total for a game I surprisingly find enjoyable is acceptable).
People who buy this on release and all the DLCs for full price are nothing but fools.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't know what you are talking about.
There are more than 4 races.
If you also have the first part, all of its addons, the second part and all future addons of that!

Well, I'm enjoying the complete first part right now, which I got for "cheap" (about 50$ total for a game I surprisingly find enjoyable is acceptable).
People who buy this on release and all the DLCs for full price are nothing but fools.

He said, he would receive a game with Denuvo: -70$ with only 4 factions : -5$ which probably has reduced complexity: -10 $, and likely gets A LOT of paid DLCs - 40$ in DLCs. Basically he would pay 50$ and feel like he lost 125$ more.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Total War: Hard as a Rock 5

Still waiting for a proper sequel to medieval 2. Or better yet, a proper synthesis between Paradox and Creative Assembly gameplay. Someone should get on it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They are building hype, and then they would discover that new version of Denuvo runs it on 5 FPS for legal users.

I have a 3770K running at 4.5ghz and a GTX 1070 and my battles chug along at 35fps at best on max settings.

What are your specs and what resolution/level of detail are you running at to get that kind of performance?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like we will not hear about his PC configuration for a while, considering he visits once per month.
GTX 1070 and my battles chug along at 35fps at best on max settings.
Blame Denuvo.

2 million triggers per half hour. And WH:TW is crashing even for legal users.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What is your screen resolution? I play on 1920x1080 with a 4790k and a GTX 780, understandably, no framerate drops anywhere.

I've had two crashes for about 120 hours, one late in the campaign with dwarfs, at an AI turn, the other at the end of a siege battle in the vampires campaign. I'm playing a legal version.

I've tried pretty much every resolution and there are frame drops in each, from 1080p to 4k. I'm also playing the legit Steam version.

No crashes so far. I guess I'm just more sensitive to framerate than most people...

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've got an i5-7600 3,5 ghz, also a 1070. Playing on a 144 hz 2560x1080 monitor. Not sure why you got such bad performance.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You may already know that, but you ought to stop any programs that write to the hard disk during play. Ideally even the web browsers. Both Chrome and FF write huge caches to the hard disk/ssd every 15 seconds, to back up the state of every tab.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Now that I did some reading, a 3770K is a bit too old (from 2012), and Warhammer is CPU intensive. That explains it. My processor isn't all that new either, but it's holding out well in benchmarks. Also I forgot to mention that my GTX 780 isn't a "regular" GTX 780 but the Gigabyte Windforce 3x OC, factory overclocked. It's far from the 1070, which is two generations ahead, but with the games I play, and I've been playing at 1080p, I haven't met any problems.

Edit: This guy's advice seems to be making sense as well, though I haven't tested it yet:

I'd also add, try to run the game in DX11 mode and see if this brings any improvement on its own. I can't run the game on DX12 with my videocard, but maybe switching back will give better performance.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'd also add, try to run the game in DX11 mode and see if this brings any improvement on its own. I can't run the game on DX12 with my videocard, but maybe switching back will give better performance.

The DX12 mode is pretty buggy and usually reduces performance instead of enhancing it, so it's not really worth it. Apart from that you can't do too much about performance since the CPU is the bottleneck, not the GPU in most cases. THat's why you get slo-mo effects with too many units on the field. People said it might help to let the game run on one less core than you have available and upping the priority via the task manager. That's a bit of voodoo magic though.

BrotherJayne

Novice
HhCQNlH_d.jpg

Yay turks!
Whoops, apologies. I had context when I posted to the wrong thread.

The above is a capture of the banner a turkish gaming site accidentally hosted before the official Skaven announce.

AKA it's pretty much 99% gonna be Skaven.

And that is Queek Headtaker, Pimp Daddy Dwarf Slapper Supreme.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I was sure they were adding Skaven, but I thought, if they were really hardcore, they wouldn't mention them in marketing at all and just let people see them as a playable faction when they start the game. The internet would do the rest of the marketing. It would have been really cool, though they obviously don't have the balls to pull it off.

BrotherJayne

Novice
I was sure they were adding Skaven, but I thought, if they were really hardcore, they wouldn't mention them in marketing at all and just let people see them as a playable faction when they start the game. The internet would do the rest of the marketing. It would have been really cool, though they obviously don't have the balls to pull it off.
Interesting thought... it was driving me nuts, however. The 1% chance it wasn't Skaven kept me from preordering until yesterday (I like Skaven, lots)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They would lose a lot on pre-orders.

Thought, I wonder why they are using Skavens in new world. Skavens work best in old world.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I imagine that what they lose in preorders they would gain in day 1 purchases and the buzz would reach even people unfamiliar with the first WH TW game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom