Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, two forces can fight each other, and then third suddenly jump at them from ambush.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, two forces can fight each other, and then third suddenly jump at them from ambush.
it would have zero reason to do that over letting them fight it out first, and engage the weakened winner, or team with the weakest, or least hated opponent against the other. I suppose that is why it never happened in the first place.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They should add Triumph and Treachery rules to the game for 3 party battles.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
it would have zero reason to do that over letting them fight it out first, and engage the weakened winner, or team with the weakest, or least hated opponent against the other. I suppose that is why it never happened in the first place.

There has to be some time element to motivate such action. Or control of a strategic resource (such to prevent the fortification of a key location).

But then again, nothing in Warhammer is motivated by "sense", which makes your argument kinda silly in the first place.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There has to be some time element to motivate such action. Or control of a strategic resource (such to prevent the fortification of a key location).

But then again, nothing in Warhammer is motivated by "sense", which makes your argument kinda silly in the first place.
Even though the Warhammer setting is silly, I think there should be a limit to silliness.
At least, I hope they did not waste resources to implement it in game!

DeathevokatioN

Barely Literate

Even though the Warhammer setting is silly, I think there should be a limit to silliness.
At least, I hope they did not waste resources to implement it in game!
I think it was really just an excuse to showcase 3 factions at once, but also they are fighting for control over a vortex, where each race has a different motive to control it... maybe it was a last ditch effort for all of them to control it. I also hope the fighting 3 factions at once thing doesn't happen outside of a quest battle tbh. :p

crakkie

Arcane
Is this a full price release? Not even Paradox is that greedy (yet).
Yep. Three $60 games with 2-3 $20 race DLCs each, and with no engine improvements between them. Possibly $300+ just to own all of the factions. I got the first for $12 in the monthly humble promo, and that's enough for me.

If they add in Chaos Dwarfs to #2 or #3, I'll promptly present CA with my rear end.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

"The first Total War game where the AI can beat you to the end game conditions."

Last edited:

Norfleet

How the fuck does an ENTIRE ARMY "jump at them from ambush"? Armies are not subtle things that can "jump from ambush" against two OTHER armies in the middle of a field trying to kill each other. How exactly do you have three independent and mutually hostile parties, at least two of which must mutually conceal themselves in the same forest without somehow running into each other, to ambush the third? I can't think of a single case where this has ever happened in history.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Or you can have third who is concealed when two armies are fighting, then jumps at them and slaughters them.

A horse of course

At 5:10: "The most narrative-driven Total War to date"

kgY4Ew8.jpg

A horse of course

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135116972

The combined map will be the regular Old World map untouched, plus a cut-down version of the New World/Vortex Map with some minor factions removed. All factions can conquer anywhere though there will be certain restrictions which they don't really explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
its been almost a year and there hasnt been any serious mod as it is customary for all total war games,this speaks volumes for its target audience.

DeathevokatioN

Barely Literate
its been almost a year and there hasnt been any serious mod as it is customary for all total war games,this speaks volumes for its target audience.
That's Games Workshop at work there... Creative Assembly had to fight just to get the basic modding capabilities that hardly change anything beyond altering unit values and changing colors.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
their games since empire are becoming more difficult to mod,in medieval 2 you can change unit values/name by editing a text file in empire and later everything needs unpackers to even change the name.

A horse of course

That's Games Workshop at work there... Creative Assembly had to fight just to get the basic modding capabilities that hardly change anything beyond altering unit values and changing colors.

bullshitz. Modding is shit for the same reason modding in all recent gnomes is shit: Warscape, half-assed modding support and the fact that each new DLC + patch fucks up virtually any mod that changes anything substantial, with tables being moved around, calculations being done differently, etc. etc.

A horse of course

A trailer of a developer regurgitating the events depicted in another trailer.

Good find Infinitron. Genuinely illuminating.

Malekith AKA "Momma's Best Boy"

6L4tnTu.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom