Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's interesting in that the Dark Elves have to keep their most powerful lords occupied within their own lands. You'd have to go out of your way to use them in other parts of the maps.

LizardWizard

Cipher
You both are right, the War Hydra is a great starting unit. I certainly cannot complain about that. It just seems her bonuses and abilities are muted compared to other lords.

Her skill tree is looks amazing. -30% upkeep all units, shit-ton of army wide bonuses like ward save which means you won't have to be married to a specific unit type.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
It's good. CA improved what was to improved and didn't touch what was working all right. They even brought back good stuff from before. Ov course empire management is still retarded but this is what we have since R2TW (Attila was a nice try but didnt receive enough love to achieve anything). So, I'd say, yes, you can waste your time trying to pirate it.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
hNhF365.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I think these type of battlegrounds are massive improvement over the borefest that was the first game with little to no features and arena-style open fields with few hills here and there.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Heavy forests can kiss my ass. How am I supposed to mass artillery and missile infantry with 4 or 5 widely spread infantry to cover them when there's all those trees blocking my shots?

v1rus

Arcane
What happened with the old factions, did they get any new units?

Also, as far as I understood - you can only use old factions in custom battles, but do they appear as npcs in campaign?

Seethe

Arbiter
you can only use old factions in custom battles, but do they appear as npcs in campaign?

Cant use original factions in custom matches either, but they are in the campaign.

What about multiplayer? I was sure there was something about "if you own 1st game, you unlock old factions".

In a few weeks, the game will receive a massive update with that. Campaign, multiplayer, ettc.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I was excited to jump into this.

And then my computer died :negative:. It served me faithfully for almost six years.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
This time I just bought a ready computer. I just do not have the time or the will to build one at the moment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This time I just bought a ready computer. I just do not have the time or the will to build one at the moment.
Time?!I don't know how it is in your country,but here you just some research for a few hours to know what you need,and then you go to some local shop to buy the parts.It wouldn't take you more than a day.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time?!I don't know how it is in your country,but here you just some research for a few hours to know what you need,and then you go to some local shop to buy the parts.It wouldn't take you more than a day.
Visit web store #11, do research, buy PC, get it delivered. Done. This also includes the option to let it assemble for you - but I don't really like that, pre-assembled machines are usually cheaper if you don't buy the first one you see.
Some people actually value their time and don't want to waste it playing Lego with hardware.
Except if doing that is for some reason fun to you, of course. But for all others - why should they?

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I've played the shit out of this game over the last 24 hours, or so. Probably more than is healthy. Thank god for understanding wives...

Anyway, for those interested in having a crack:

The High Elves are easy mode with Tyrion. He starts in a very safe position, which lets you approach the campaign however you want to. The only enemies you have are those you decide to have, with the possible exception of Caledor. Ulthuan, once conquered/confederated is super wealthy and super defensible. Great starter faction.

Next down the list are the Lizardmen - Mazdamundi, in particular. His capital has gold deposits, which helps defuse the early game money squeeze. Around said capital you have a constellation of settlements (six, if I remember correctly) within 1-1.5 turns distance. Take your pick and have a good time, because things won't get hard for a while. That said, eventually there'll be some overstretch and the distances start to get onerous. You have to keep an eye on both the north and the south - and the latter will be a slog if the Skaven have been successful against the minors.

Skaven and Dark Elves are the more challenging factions to play. The former primarily due to their incredibly shitty initial troops and the extent to which auto-resolve isn't going to like you. The latter mainly because of an awkward starting position. Malekith, for example, is being nudged by the game to go west (Altar of Darkness etc) - but is way better off not getting tied down to a province that will need to have its hand held for a long, long time. Ghond or bust, in other words. And enemies are everywhere. The Mung/Aghol will come from the north, the east an the west, while Beastmen and even HE will be making house calls. Your fellow Druchii like you quite a lot, but you need to go to war with them early and often to secure an economic base. Oh, and I don't like the loyalty mechanic.

On the other hand, the DE roster is amazing. Darkshards are very nice (AP crossbows that don't need direct line of sight?), while Hydra + Black Dragon > Sun/Moon/Star Dragon, Giant Eagle and Frost/Fire Phoenix. And they've got two major advantages over the HE. Firstly, they've actually got AP cavalry (and very good AP cavalry, at that). Secondly, they've also got versatile medium infantry in Corsairs, Shades and Witches. While the top tier infantry are basically analogues of one another, there are about six DE infantry variants in that middle tier, compared with the HE's... White Lions of Chrace. That's it. Yes, you could count the Lothern Sea Guard (which I love, deeply), but they're essentially slightly upgraded Spearmen, who can shoot a bow. Only the White Lions qualify for that 70-90 armor medium infantry role on the HE roster.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Visit web store #11, do research, buy PC, get it delivered. Done. This also includes the option to let it assemble for you - but I don't really like that, pre-assembled machines are usually cheaper if you don't buy the first one you see.
Some people actually value their time and don't want to waste it playing Lego with hardware.
Except if doing that is for some reason fun to you, of course. But for all others - why should they?
Self assembly is cheaper if you want to have good pc.Also when something goes to shit doesn't mean that you have to throw away your whole pc.I have parts form 5-10 years and parts form 3 months,i still use gtx580 (the one with a lot of memory) and some nvidia drivers from 5 years,and surprisingly that helps me evade a lot of problems that are coming from the new spyware drivers.I still can play new games at medium and some time at high.I don't performance problems,even played dishonored 2 on high without a problem.Still i am getting off topic.Now if people prefer to buy ready pc or don't have the knowledge how to assemble them,ok more power to them.But please don't pretend that assembling pc some super time consuming thing.It takes 30 minutes to put a pc together.It have like 6 components that are easy to plug.It is not some nuclear physic test.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Self assembly is cheaper if you want to have good pc.Also when something goes to shit doesn't mean that you have to throw away your whole pc.I have parts form 5-10 years and parts form 3 months,i still use gtx580 (the one with a lot of memory) and some nvidia drivers from 5 years,and surprisingly that helps me evade a lot of problems that are coming from the new spyware drivers.I still can play new games at medium and some time at high.I don't performance problems,even played dishonored 2 on high without a problem.Still i am getting off topic.Now if people prefer to buy ready pc or don't have the knowledge how to assemble them,ok more power to them.But please don't pretend that assembling pc some super time consuming thing.It takes 30 minutes to put a pc together.It have like 6 components that are easy to plug.It is not some nuclear physic test.
It's certainly not a nuclear physics test, but I do need to do research and that does take some time. Currently, I get to work at 6:00 AM and leave 6:00-6:30 PM. That does not take into account networking or travel time. Once I get home, I have to do more work on my laptop, make dinner, choirs, and/or spend time with my girlfriend. I am just not good at budgeting time at the moment, and at the end of the day buying a cheap pre-built seems easy. Call me lazy, I can accept that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom