Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Infinitron, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • WTF am I reading x 7
    • Participation Award x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    There's no need for a separate thread, faggit.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Andnjordgender: ⚧ Cipher

Andnjord
    Parrots:
    Still no skaven? :decline:

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Steam page is up, updated OP.

Might want to take a look.

^ Top  
  5. Maggotgender: ⚧ meme king

Maggot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    TW:WH is going to cost at least $300 for the finished product and the strategic and battle maps still feel neutered. Sega was a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    They are selling it for new 60$ as a second game, thus we can have second thread.

^ Top  
  7. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    Sega is what saved them from dying in Activision's hands. Whether you like it or not, they couldn't have it better, they're churning out new titles on a constant basis and selling craploads of copies on a "dead platform". Find me one publisher these days that doesn't have a ridiculous DLC policy? EA? Lol. Ubisoft? Heh, nope. Paradox? Hahaha, fuck no.

Yeah, i wonder how many people will buy this and never bother with the first game? It's nothing but glorified standalone DLC.

• decline decline x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    People might complain about 60$ standalone DLC, thus they must call it a game.

Looks like it will have: High elves. Dark elves. Lizardmen. And Skaven.

^ Top  
  9. Maggotgender: ⚧ meme king

Maggot
    Parrots:
    The series has gotten progressively worse since Sega was in charge. I have yet to see another publisher push out $20 faction DLC that wasn't playtested properly and ends up breaking the campaign map until they patch it a few months down the line like Wood Elves. The worst part is apologists like you gobble their shit up and defend their incompetence.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    Activision or any other developer would definitely push for better, more complex mechanics, better AI, better maps, no DLC and DRM policy and higher overall quality. They would also give them at least 5 years to develop their games and gladly push back deadlines for extensive QA and testing.

Also, i'm not defending anyone, you goddamn moron. All i said is they're in a good place as a company and their future is quite secure for now. They wouldn't exist anymore if they stayed with Activision.

Now go on, make your retarded concussions and projections again, fucking retard.

• Shit Shit x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Maggotgender: ⚧ meme king

Maggot
    Parrots:
    Their future is secure as a mediocre, lazy developer that survives by nickel and diming drones like you. TW:Warhammer with its 3 games + overpriced DLC tacked onto every one makes SC2 look good.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    :lol:

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Gepeugender: ⚧ Savant Patron

Gepeu
    Parrots:
    I thought this thread was a joke.
    Then I've opened it.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    Yeah, looks like it's filled with easily triggered edgy newfags who can't into reading comprehension.

• butthurt butthurt x 7
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...2-creative-assembly-answers-the-big-questions

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Andnjordgender: ⚧ Cipher

Andnjord
    Parrots:
    Well, I stand corrected.

^ Top  
  17. Psquitgender: ⚧ Arcane

Psquit
    Parrots:
    Still cheaper than the tabletop game.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Despair Despair x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/how-total-war-warhammer-2-aims-to-fix-the-strategy-genres-endgame-fatigue/

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Norfleetgender: ⚧ Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    2? I can't even recall when they finished *1*. DID they ever finish it? I never saw it.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Zboj Lamignatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Parrots:
    I can't be bothered to read all that, but I really hope they're doing something to improve strategic layer at least a bit. It's literally 1/10 right now and really dragging the game down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ed123gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    If by "improve the strategic layer" you mean "We can't be fucked to make engaging strategy mechanics or implement naval combat so here's an ebin!11 scripted campaign for 10/10 cinematic immershuns".

• Rage Rage x 3
    • Despair Despair x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Remember "Shogun I" was when Turnbull was assisting as a consultant and loved it.
    "Rome I" was work of passion.
    Both medievals were nice.

Now, it's about earning money.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ssergender: ⚧ Arcane Cuck

sser
    Parrots:
    Reminds me of L4D2 coming out one year after the first game. Even Valve got a lot of hate for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. bonescrapergender: ⚧ Guest

bonescraper
    And? Real special forces operators worked with Splash Damage on Medal of Honor Warfighter. Oblivion had soil erosion. Far Cry Primal uses a language created by historians and lingustics experts.

Original Shogun still laguhably ahistorical. MoH:W is a shitty CoD clone. Oblivion is Oblivion, and Far Cry Primal is a lazy reskin of FC4.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)