Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Shogun 2

So will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I will wait for reviews

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

FatCat

Educated
So anyone besides me buying it on day 1?
I feel that A.I will disappoint once again (no shit duh) , but multi-player looks very promising this time around.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I don't buy on day one anymore. If it requires STEAM like Empire, I'll torrent it like Empire.
If it doesn't require STEAM I'll decide after it's out for a few weeks. I generally want to buy it, since even despite its flaws I love the series and feel guilty for only buying one game out of it. A demo and/or positive user-reviews would help of course.
So it's "Maybe" (although I'm pretty sure the idiots will put STEAM in, forcing me to torrent).

praetor

Arcane
maybe. unless i see a host of (reasonable user) reviews that say the AI was vastly improved. will probably not remove from inventory eventually just to try it for myself

Has there ever been a CA game in which AI was improved? It's pretty much been downhill since the original Shogun. Granted I haven't really played since Rome, but from what I've heard its still going to shit. Always needing modders to fix things for them.

Codexlurker

Savant
Overweight Manatee said:
Has there ever been a CA game in which AI was improved? It's pretty much been downhill since the original Shogun. Granted I haven't really played since Rome, but from what I've heard its still going to shit. Always needing modders to fix things for them.

Nope, campaign AI has gotten worse(especially from MTW to RTW) and the RTW AI declares war on you for no reason if they border you, always. Also, the melee bug seems to have been unresolved(Like Generals and isolated units attacking you without any coordination) and I've heard about the bug in ETW a lot.Enough that it's required that you download Darth's Mod.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I really regret buying Empire, so no. Maybe remove it from an inventory.

Multi-headed Cow

I voted maybe, then I saw you were asking specifically about buying it day 1, which is actually hell no.

Unless CA has gotten a lot better I won't touch it until it's $10 on Steam, at which point it will hopefully be patched to an acceptable state. Then again maybe I shouldn't buy it even at that, since I have yet to really play Empire after picking it up for $10.

Codexlurker

Savant
markec said:
Ill rather buy Total War Medieval from GOG, if it ever comes there.

I would rather play MTW, but the damn thing doesn't work with my Nvidia drivers!

DemonKing

Arcane
I still haven't got round to starting an Empire campaign, so maybe after that I'll give it a whirl.

Erzherzog said:
I bought Empire.

I learned my lesson.

Also, my outdated machine probably won't be able to handle the real-time battles, which used to be the most fun aspect of the game to me. So, fuck Shogun 2 and CA.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Not only did Empire suck, they flat out lied when they said that there would be a multiplayer campaign element.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
Voted No.

Original Shogun and Medieval were so-so games, the map had a nice board game feeling and the formula of simplistic tb empire building and graphically impressive rt battles was appealing. Of course the game did have serious flaws - retarded ai, useless diplomacy, piss-easy difficulty.

When they started with the new strategic map model, their games became completely uninteresting for me and the idea of winning all the battles with death ratio at about 1:20 grew really tiring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom