Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: ATTILA

A horse of course

This is my favorite TW game. I hate map painting.

/haven't played TW since Medieval

Addilla is probably the only TW game that (without mods) solved the problem of a single faction steamrolling the rest of the map. It's typically only in late game that nations like the Sassanids or ERE (if it wins against Sassanids) become powerful enough to gobble up everyone else, and even then they can potentially be crippled by a civil war.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I finally bought all the dlcs at 75% off, after I bought the base game, at I don't remember how much off, last year.

Man, I really wish CA weren't such a wanker developer and their shitty code didn't cause CTDs every time I load a replay. And even that their games didn't CTD as much in general, if this is not too much to ask.

I spend half an hour preparing an army and laying it out on the battlefield to represent the battle at Nancy 1477 (playing with the "Medieval Kingdoms 1295" mod), and after I'm done with the battle I can't rewatch it in peace from the distractions of commanding units.

I guess that's the best quality they are able to provide for the price of 60 euros per download. Retards.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just tested with random generated armies with small size on the base game. The replay works. My custom battle, besides being with the mod was with an "Ultra" army size. So it's either the army size or somehow the mod.

EDIT:

Oh wow, it's dumber than I thought:

A horse of course

Isn't Medieval Kingdoms going through some DRAMA right now because the mod creator unilaterally decided to make people pay him for early asssex to the latest beta, despite using other people's assets? Or was that another mod?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Hmm, no idea, but i didn't see any comments to that effect when browsing through the mod page on steam, so it may be a different mod. Without replays, it's pretty useless for me unfortunately. The campaign is too arcadish, I wouldn't play it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW what's difference between Attila and Rome II EE? In mechanic, economy, and units? Is it worthy to try, or is it too similar to Rome II EE?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom