Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: ATTILA

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/138116-Total-War™-ATTILA-Announced
http://www.totalwar.com/attila

Your World Will Burn
Total War™: ATTILA Announced

The next thrilling entry in the Total War series takes players to the brink of the apocalypse

San Francisco and London – September 25, 2014 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced Total War™: ATTILA, the next instalment in the multi award-winning Total War series of strategy games.
The Dark Ages approach. A time of famine, disease and war, where refugees in their thousands flee from a sweeping tide of destruction and death. Desperate barbaric tribes rally against the ailing might of a dying and divided Roman empire; the light of civilization gutters and dims. In the great steppes of Scythia, a vast and terrifying force gathers, led by a warrior king whose thirst for conquest is utterly unequalled.
The Scourge of God, the very herald of the apocalypse, Attila the Hun.
---
Total War: ATTILA introduces exciting new gameplay mechanics which improve and add to numerous core turn-based and real-time Total War systems. The world will darken around you as Attila’s forces descend on your homeland creating a unique vision of survival strategy.
“With Total War: ATTILA we will create a Total War game that will challenge and enthrall fans of the series” said Janos Gaspar, project lead on Total War: ATTILA. “We’re reintroducing some features that fans have been asking for, such as family trees and skill trees, and improving many of the core aspects of Total War we know are important to them. But to really bring the period to life, we’re building on these foundations with many new strategic features for them to consider, such as advanced street-fighting, civilians, complete settlement destruction and dynamic fire that can rage across a city as armies clash. We want to push players to the limits of their skill to survive against the odds, and to love every minute of it.”
---
Total War: ATTILA is due for release in 2015 on Windows PC and Mac. For more information, please visit www.totalwar.com.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool battles but what is this all for when you can't even fuck your own daughter like in CK2.

Onyxme

Novice
So, this is the Napoleon to Rome 2's Empire.
Hopefully it will be as much better as Napoleon was compared to Empire, and if they actually build upon the improvements they started to make with Emperors Edition (instead of going back to being insane) it could actually be a worthwhile game.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So, this is the Napoleon to Rome 2's Empire.
Hopefully it will be as much better as Napoleon was compared to Empire, and if they actually build upon the improvements they started to make with Emperors Edition (instead of going back to being insane) it could actually be a worthwhile game.

Eh. It's too bad that basically all Napoleon improved was that the game was playable and ran pretty well. All the campaigns were streamlined, small, and simplistic, and the combat speed was revved up and made more "arcadey". It's not as good as you remember, it just wasn't complete shit like ETW.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The only ones I got were the shoguns and medievals. From what I've seen the only thing I may have missed out on is Rome 1.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since The Huns are my ancestors somewhat, I feel an obligation to buy this game.

Be wary of Hun Turks, they have wolves dogs that can climb walls and can single handedly defeat Kraken, undersea. (sorry for thrash quality, thats the only one with subtitles...)

omega21

Arcane
I never played Shogun 2, but on all accounts it was superior to the steaming pile of arse that was Rome 2. What the fuck happened?

I also liked Empire, so sue me :happytrollboy:

omega21

Arcane
If they can't be played, what's the point? It's just like the barbarians in those Parajews games then, with absurdly high regenning morale or something.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It's just like the Mongols in both Medieval games. Playing them as a faction would have been super-easy mode.

omega21

Arcane
edit: come to think of it i believe they had ZERO upkeep in vanilla

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Fighting that shit was ridiculous because of this. Wouldn't allowing players to play as Huns/Mongols/Incans/Congoids thus create an easy babby training mode virtually for free?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Expecting to see more videos about glorious AI, archers charging defending berzerkers and cavalry getting struck in a battering ram. Godspeed CA!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That was never problem for garage games teams. In AA games. Prototype was done in 6 months. Programming was basically over in 1.5 year, and developers who were working on programming were moved to creation of rest of the assets *1. 2.3 years game done. 0.2 year removal of bugs. Then release.
(Note in garage games not everyone was strictly specialized in theirs part, with exception of sound guy. Having developers who can well work in multiple position as needed was BIG ADVANTAGE.)

*1 this doesn't mean they stopped completely, it just mean majority of theirs work wasn't programming anymore.

Less work intensive games were done sooner.

Clearly you simply don't understand the massive amount of effort and polish required to turn out a masterpiece like Rome 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom