Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Technology Total Loser Elon Musk Hemorrhaging Money From His Failed Tesla Outfit

Discussion in 'SCIENCE!!' started by jcd, Aug 4, 2016.

1. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I watched his videos,sadly he becomes highly annoying when he is talking about politics and religion. So i stick to the science.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Delteriusgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Parrots:
    Time travel, evidently.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again cvvgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

cvv
    Parrots:
    Elon Musk is Mr. Vercotti of our age.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    them vs us refers to humans vs machines, don't sperg out too much about it

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    I think that cyborg shit should be outlawed, just like WMD's.

Just let everyone own their own powerful AI assistant, which can be combined with others for specific tasks etc. Decentralization is key to almost everything.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    Then why has Musk developed the most centralized AI system for his cars the world has seen?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    What other AI systems for cars are you comparing this to? Are there more decentralized AI systems for cars or are you just claiming something with nothing to back it up, as usual?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    Why are you trying to insert a red herring? Is it impossible to create a decentralized system without a precedent?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Burning Bridgesgender: ⚧ Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Burning Bridgesgender: ⚧ Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    I recognize Mr. Vercotti as the one who blackmailed the British Army.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    "Musk developed the most centralized AI system for his cars the world has seen" implies that there are other AI systems for cars that are less centralized. If you simply skipped the hyperbole and said "it's centralized", I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Burning Bridgesgender: ⚧ Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    If there are no others it is a logical statement that is automatically true.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    It's completely centralized, meaning there's no option for the user to influence or configure it in any way, Tesla holds the keys to everything happening in it. Can't get any more centralized than that. Your other ideas regarding AI show that you don't know what AI means or what it does, as they're either incredibly naive or uneducated or both.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Burning Bridgesgender: ⚧ Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    It's centralized because for every car there sits a little Chinese in Musks headquarter who drives.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I'll take your word for it. Just like you were 1000% certain Grimoire is never coming out and is a scam, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    It is widely regarded as unfinished and rushed, Cleve released the tweaked superdemo.
    You offer no counterargument and no logic. You should stop replying here to avoid embarrassment.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    I remember how you claimed that it is "a tweaked superdemo" without even playing the game. And yeah, you did leave the Grimoire thread after that to avoid further embarassment. It just shows how you will lie and make up shit just to win arguments on the Internet.

Your childish claim that I am "uneducated and naive" does not require a counterargument, because it is not an argument in the first place.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    I'm not paying $40 to play a turd.

You've got yet to address concerns about Musk's hypocrisy. He keeps talking about "dangers of AI" while simultaneously taking an active part in creating oppressive, centralized AI systems. Face it, his goal is to introduce extreme government regulation to create high barriers of entry into the AI business so that all potential competition is nipped in the bud. There are already many dangerous, advanced AI systems that are doing lots of very real harm right this moment. You don't need Musk's terminator killer robots for that. Why isn't he talking about regulating those?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    Then don't pretend to know the scope and content of the game.

As to Musk, his decentralized AI work goes through a non-profit called OpenAI. And calling the Tesla driving software an "oppressive, centralized AI system" is pretty ridiculous in any case.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. gaussgunnergender: ⚧ Arcane

gaussgunner
    Parrots:
    Oh it's "Non-profit" and "open" and "decentralized". Nothing to worry about, nevermind folks, nothing to see here! I'm sure it will totally not be evil, just like Google.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  21. tmuxgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Illiterate Possibly Retarded Edgy

tmux
    Parrots:
    I'm not pretending: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/grimoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar
    Really makes you think.

It's a company that releases products, which mainly consist of various AI learning method benchmarks. Sure it's cool and I'm glad it was released but these tools can very well be used for creating and improving closed-source proprietary AIs, as well as free ones. On top of it, they're far from revolutionary or innovative and don't really progress AI research that much. Musk's spending pocket change to build a certain image and you fell for it hook, line, sinker.

Why, when it's exactly that? Tesla's AI ultimately controls the car you "license" from them, you're calling the shots but they can take away the controls from you at any moment, and they have many times. They also have access to your location and all sorts of metrics gathered by the car in real time. This is just one example of a centralized AI system that's doing lots of damage right now. Focus on real, actual problems with AI instead of repeating Musk's sci-fi scenarios. Guy's got an agenda and is untrustworthy to say the least. "Outlawing" is a retarded idea for too many reasons to list them.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. gaussgunnergender: ⚧ Arcane

gaussgunner
    Parrots:
    Indeed. Just look at all the 10/10 reviews:
    :incline:

• incline incline x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Luzurgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    Parrots:
    wat

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Azrael the catgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Parrots:
    Like WMDs? As in, the pair of fuckheads who spent most of the past 70 years randomly wtfpwning near defenceless enemies every 2 years get fuckloads, out of that pair, the one who keeps 'defending itself' against enemies whose armies haven't even crossed the nearest Ocean, let alone their national border, and has actually used WMDs is appointed 'most responsible WMD decision-making police', and nations who haven't invaded a neighbour in over a century get destroyed if they try to develop the only weapon that poses a credible deterrent if tweedle-Bhaal or tweedle-Cthulu decide that bombing them to dust might give a 2% boost in the polls?

So...we're nominating Skynet and Agent Smith to enforce the no cyborgs rule? Because I like that idea, and i'll keep on liking it for as long as Im typing this on my geolocating smartphone...:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    No manual,it is a scam!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)