Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total Biscuit Meltdown - Tearing Down Game Media

Mustawd

Ouch.....

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
"I want to end drama so here's a huge overdramatic rant full of self-righteous indignation announcing my decision to stop engaging in drama"

If you want to stop engaging in drama, then just stop engaging in drama. Just stop ranting on twitter, soundcloud, youtube vlogs, podcasts etc instead of using this as just another reason to get on your soapbox and start ranting.
How do you think TB made his fame/money? Prior to becoming super famous on YouTube he e-hung out at every forum and social media outlet he could find. There's a massive trail of his ranting on nearly every major gaming site's comment section/message forum.

Mustawd

Dude, I already have a massive rant in the BG: SoD thread. I might be the next TB. I just have to wait for the current one to...err.. retire.

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
There's nothing metldown-y about this. He's just putting his foot down once and for all and laying out how he really feels about the media without holding any punches.

Holding his punches? That saying is beneath my fists.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
"I want to end drama so here's a huge overdramatic rant full of self-righteous indignation announcing my decision to stop engaging in drama"

If you want to stop engaging in drama, then just stop engaging in drama. Just stop ranting on twitter, soundcloud, youtube vlogs, podcasts etc instead of using this as just another reason to get on your soapbox and start ranting.

It's like those "I'm going away 4ever!!" threads you hear about.
maybe you should go away since no one likes you, faggot

Mustawd

It's like those "I'm going away 4ever!!" threads you hear about.
maybe you should go away since no one likes you, faggot

Aww, you're mean kwanzabot. Good thing I know who's alt you are. :smug:

*one of the mods told me*

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is his Cancer terminal? Thought he would get better.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Unfortunately yes. The first cancer he had turned out to heal, but then it went onto his kidney/liver(?) and it is not operable. He is doing chemo to surpress it as much as it is possible, and he is optimistic that future medicine can help him. If not, then....

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
That video summed up my thoughts after reading the #baldurgate topic. I've managed to remain cancer free so far thanks to avoiding mostly the politics subforum, but I swear I don't have long left if such insane bullshit remains the most important topic here. I joined for the quality discussion, not the Daily Mail/Stormfront/SJW gutter trash.

If Codex fails to focus its interest on the games themselves and cover the discussion with random noise and the smell of excrements, then clearly it's starting to fail as the main reason people joined in the first place.

You're building the Internet you deserve, folks.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Get the Mexicans to build the Internet we deserve.

#MakeCodexGreatAgain

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
If Codex fails to focus its interest on the games themselves and cover the discussion with random noise and the smell of excrements, then clearly it's starting to fail as the main reason people joined in the first place.
I thought we were all here because we can talk whatever the fuck and not have to suffer through moderation butthurt (most of the time).

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I thought we were all here because we can talk whatever the fuck and not have to suffer through moderation butthurt (most of the time).

If you stay at a place for its moderation politics rather than the quality of its conversation, clearly, you're already having the Codex you deserve.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The moderation politics is directly related to the quality of the conversation. Highly moderated forums are always the most retarded, e.g official forums of any company.

Cassidy

Arcane

If you stay at a place for its moderation politics rather than the quality of its conversation, clearly, you're already having the Codex you deserve.

Censorship ruins quality discussions.

Go back to RPGWatch or NeoGAF, faggot.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron

Censorship ruins quality discussions.

Go back to RPGWatch or NeoGAF, faggot.

Who said I was advocating for censorship ?
I'm advocating for a little bit of intelligence. Because clearly, Non-Censorship doesn't create quality discussions on its own.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
But it does. You're just posting the #434815 'let's talk about the gaem guys' post. Make your damn thread if you are so concerned, the 2 or 3 guys that have enough low standards to play shit made by beamdog will give their impressions.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I like total biscuit.. seems like a reasonable guy

Away with all this fkin SJW talk and drama shit.

Gord

Arcane
But it does. You're just posting the #434815 'let's talk about the gaem guys' post. Make your damn thread if you are so concerned, the 2 or 3 guys that have enough low standards to play shit made by beamdog will give their impressions.

That might work if someone wouldn't inevitably feel triggered by something in the game (and no, that isn't limited to crappy remakes of old games everyone interested in has played to death by now) and fuck up the discussion with shit that should stay in GD.

What's the purpose of GD if it starts to spil over to the rest of the site?

Back to topic: I'm not watching TB very often, but he always seemed one of the more intelligent and watchable youtubers to me. Let's see if he manages to stay true to his words there.

Severian Silk

Not all of us are losers who can't keep their mouths shut and need a SAFE SPACE where they can anonymously rant about jews/blacks/women with no repercussion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom