Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tortured Hearts - successor to NWN module series

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
At least you have justified that 300 k isn't that much.
It's not enough for the type of game you're trying to make, it's a too large sum for you to gather on kickstarter. Now stop spamming the 'dex with your stupid posts, thicko.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
SubBassman

You should change your name to Rocky Balboa.

SubBalboa hehe

Also, Rocky had sequels :)

How would that be as inspiration when you make the videos for your Tortured Hearts 2?

Replace Philadelphia with Budapest and Adrian! with Lenore!

Just a little suggestion ;)

You should show what you have (doggedness), not what you don't have (an "almost" finished game).

People would respond much different.

SubBassman

Teleport Games
Developer
Hi Jack

Hint: Try thinking out of the box.

Advice: Stop calling me names.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
felipe

Don't give up so easily. Imagine yourself in my shoes. It's much more difficult for me.
Now imagine that we imagined ourselves in your shoes. And discussed through 330 posts on a 14-page thread. And wrote a 8 paragraphs-long post just about your game and project. And all I got was a patethic "Everybody is entitled to his opinion" answer. It's just pointless man, everyone here is wasting their time.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
What's worse is he isn't even trying to step up as a man and makes his claims clear, he just likes to write his passive bullshit. He hasn't bothered to counterargument any claims, instead using phrases like:

"My next question: what have you done for others in your life that took you 5 years? For free." <- Maybe my favourite

"So you place yourself above John's judgement."

"Just a question: what do you know about WL's game mechanics and story?"

But of course, dare you try to answer to what he's implying, you've misunderstood him. We can all play the intentionally ambiguous game, but no, we're the trolls here because we're talking loud and clear.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Well, is a great step foward from that horrible blog they had during the Kickstarter, that's for sure....I hope that means they learned something from the experience.

Murk

Arcane
Read a bunch of this thread thinking this was a NWN 1 mod turned into full game. Then, checked the kickstarter page.

I agree with Knotanalt's view that lulzy games need to stop happening. You guys aren't Terry Pratchett.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Well, this was... interesting to read. I guess you guys won't be getting that shrine then.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Lhynn

Arcane
I never played that module, heard it was unfinished, is it good?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The NWN-1-mods Tortured hearts 1 & 2 have nothing to do with this new game. (Except for the game designer)
These two mods are extremely difficult, with hundreds of skill checks, nonlinear gameplay, hard puzzles & quests, rare loot and difficult combat.
I finished them both and it was very rewarding. One of the very few games in which I had to recreate my character to beat the game. A game for grognards.
They are very polished and have nothing to do with MMOs.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You conveniently miss that while all that is actually true, the dialogue is rather terrible. It needed an editor badly. There's too much dull writing. I mean, you just need to look at the title to get a feel for how good it's gonna be - what kind of native speaker would name something "Tortured Hearts" unless they're writing pony fanfiction or a really terrible romance drama paperback sold in airport bookstores?

(I am aware the creators were Hungarian.)

Kliwer

Savant
Did you know that development of this game is still active?
I came across it by accident maybe 8 years ago, looking for good mods for NWN (the title is the same as a mod).

The game forum (where only its lone creator speaks ...) shows that it is finished and the guy is wondering how to sell it now.

https://www.torturedhearts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124

This is a strange world. I wonder if it will do any good?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page with screenshots.

ss_c4a5088c5437b2134aa4bc630db29bcdc467a508.1920x1080.jpg

ss_80f2892642930f31a4582b50c84f19d0fbf69b53.1920x1080.jpg

"This is an old fashioned, hard-core CRPG featuring turn-based combat and an estimated 200 hours play time, minimum."

Heh.

Tortured Hearts - Or How I Saved The Universe. Again. was created by 1 person with the occasional help of a few others, in 12.5 years. It's a quasi sequel of 2 NWN-1 mods by the title of Tortured Hearts I & II.
This is an old fashioned, hard-core CRPG featuring turn-based combat and an estimated 200 hours play time, minimum. TH is supposed to be speed-run proof. The story of the game is about a Seasoned Adventurer who merely was out for a little loot and glory, but finds him/herself getting to the bottom of who actually runs the universe.
The story is conversation driven and spans 185 areas in a multiverse, with a potential 8 major henchmen plus a few lesser ones available. Hundreds of NPCs and many meaningful conversations await you. Your behavior and answers in conversation will result in lasting consequences through the game, influencing the henchmen available to you and your relationships with them, the quests available, and the outcomes of quests and the final outcome.
There is a very versatile, non-class based character development system. By using different character builds and choosing different actions, there is great re-playability.

No combat screenshot though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom