Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Prime Junta

I actually believe that was entirely intentional in a misguided notion of visually conveying this idea of a billion years older Earth being a jumbled mess of ancient technology and forgotten epochs of history intersecting for outlandish effect. It just doesn't click together because the end result looks like someone dragged and dropped unrelated assets.

Doesn't account for the paving stones.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Doesn't account for the paving stones.

It's true. The paving stones in PS:T were much more lovingly placed. I'm not being sarcastic...I agree with you.

Nonetheless....you can pick out the most generic scenes from TTON, but it I stand by my opinion that there is some genuinely beautiful stuff there. If you want to see it.

Prime Junta

Nonetheless....you can pick out the most generic scenes from TTON, but it I stand by my opinion that there is some genuinely beautiful stuff there. If you want to see it.

I've recently moved to Copenhagen and I hear Christiania has the best selection of cannabis products in Europe. Which varieties would you recommend for a beginner?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It should be noted that this latest free weekend was at least twice as successful as the previous free weekend (over 1000 concurrent players). Looks like Deadfire's existence gave people the curiosity to try it out for whatever reason. :M

Additionally, the number of concurrent players jumped from dozens to hundreds, so it won them some sales. Fargo did the smart thing here. :cool:

Last edited:
I guess this game won't get another patches, DLCs or enhanced director's complete edition, is that right?

I'd be willing to give it another try with different character but the interface really needs to be fixed. Talking to someone takes about twice as much time than is necessary. First there is the terrible "docking" animation that looks as if the characters were ice skating, and then I have to wait for the ugly looking dialogue window to come up (with annoying sound).

I don't think the story is that bad (though definitely worse than I hoped for). I don't have to read the shitty descriptions in dialogues. But the interface actively discourages me from trying to replay this.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess this game won't get another patches, DLCs or enhanced director's complete edition, is that right?
No one has come right out and said "We'll never patch this game again," but it's pretty clear at this point.

The interface really needs to be fixed.
Don't expect a lot of sympathy here on the Codex. Clunky, inefficient UIs are old school, didn't you know?

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
game would be more playable if the main character wasn't so ugly

Yep. There are two nice looking portraits for lad/gal on internet. Were created almost instantly after the release. )

The Exile's are plain horrible. And they didn't even make it easy to override them so need to mess with resource files.

Last edited:
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Never has a game been so mediocre and yet so pretentious. I still feel butthurt about the abysmally awful setting, which isn't actually a setting because it rejects any structure. The story was a botched rush job whose concept was only a feebler imitation of Planescape.

Lujo

Augur
Anyway, after giving it a run on a better machine to round the achievements up, I ended up giving it a positive review. I could talk about its faults until I get tired, but there was plenty in it worth praise and pilfering for better games.

I also wanted to mention that I was pretty impressed by the Tybir character. It's rare to see a character with actual depth, and that one has it. Starts of as a typical Mediterranean flamboyant latin lover swashbuckler/swindler, nothing wrong with that. But then it turns out he does it exactly the way it's done in real life on the Mediterranean - it's a disarming facade, and there's a very real, very bitter and very dangerous person underneath. And since he's getting old, he's becoming more and more haunted by all the crap he caused with his antics. I mean, if you approve of his shennanigans he starts to like you less, not more. I've looked a bit around the net and so many guides to influencing party member opinions have people saying something along the lines "I couldn't figure Tybir out because he was so charming that I couldn't really put him through the same treatment other guys got when trying stuff out". Which means the facade worked on the players exactly the same as it worked on in-game characters :) And then you get to what he got his, er, mate into an it's the most PST-like moment in the whole game - logical coscequences for stereotypical fantasy / heroic behavior, and boy does it ever suck for everyone involved.

We can say what we like about the game as a whole, but I'd be hard pressed to name a better written character in an RPG even if I sat down and thought about it. Morte from PST comes to mind, ofc, because Tybir is his spiritual sucessor (or if you look at it another way, Morte might as well be Tybirr's skull).

Oh, and the Incline joke in the Valley of Heroes gets funnier every time I see it :D

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gosh, this UI artstyle. Is UI design also dead art now?

DdzAI5iU0AIdaRp.jpg:large

RageFace.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom