Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Why don't you guys admit to yourselves that you expected a polished, fine tuned game with sleek design and delicate tones and you should just buy an iPhone instead of a real rpg.

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Why don't you guys admit to yourselves that you expected a polished, fine tuned game with sleek design and delicate tones and you should just buy an iPhone instead of a real rpg.

T:ToN is neither a "polished, fine tuned game with sleek design and delicate tones" nor a "real RPG". It has zero appeal to either the mainstream or the grognards. The only niche this game has are the purple-haired cows that agree with the political message of it. Are you one of those people? I'm not sure exactly what it means to "grape" someone in the mouth, but grapes are purple and so are SJWs, so yeah...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Aw, poor guy, not everybody likes what he does. What could that mean and how can his opinions be validated then?
Oh right, it means they're either "not playing it the correct way" or "want something else" or "just don't get it".

P.S.: Battle Angel Alita sounds like animu garbage only from the title and I bet Austin, Tx is a shit place as well.

Just finished it last night. What a great adventure. Loved the different ways quests could be completed or even ended abruptly in failure.

lukasz-sienkiewicz-torment-numenera-expanded3.jpg

I had a dream last night, I called it RPG dream

I had a dream
Brian Fargo was there
He autographed a copy of Fallout
Ten feet tall.... red, big gamer shoes.
Are the cameras on.... are the cameras on?
Set the game down.... went out to the court.
Then made TToN
Felt like a.... felt like a pillow.
Went back to his spot.... Fargo was gone.
Same old Wasteland
Time to move on

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just finished it last night. What a great adventure. Loved the different ways quests could be completed or even ended abruptly in failure.

lukasz-sienkiewicz-torment-numenera-expanded3.jpg
Man, if you gonna shill for universally despised game at least use universally approved codexian version of the poster.
art2.jpg

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

cruelio

Savant
Whether you agree with the speculation or not, TTON still failed to deliver. It might've been a failure because Fargo is out of touch with reality and let his writer divas get away with everything. Perhaps it was Saunders' fault. Or maybe it's our fault for setting our expectations too high. Or...
aliens.png
?

A failure this massive cannot be attributed to solely one cause. It was most likely a perfect storm of Fargo & Co. being incompetent, the massive hype creating unrealistic expectation and distorting InXile's ability to work on their game critically without buying into their bullshit, the premise of the game being too derivative, etc.

It's actually really easy to attribute it to a single cause: incredibly stupid people in "[Date] After Year Brian Fargo Ran Interplay Into The Ground By Being The Worst CEO Ever" somehow deciding, en masse, to give Brian Fargo money so he could expand his legend as Gaming's Biggest Failure. In other words, its the fault of countless people on this very website, who saw Brian Fargo drive crpgs nearly into extinction by jumping on the cinematic game train and decided THIS was the person who was going to make crpgs great again.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
In some ways the talking here is like raping the corpse. That would be worse than just dumping the corpse by the side of the road and forgetting about it, wouldn't it?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Would be nice if a patch coincided with this sale, though. Still waiting for that cut content.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like an amoeba with sunglasses.

It was called "The Toy", not "The Goo". Its actual name is Oom, so you might have mixed the two words in your mind.

Sizzle

Arcane
The biggest question is: will Oom be a better character than Callistege?

Answer: they'd have to try really, really hard to make him it duller than her :D

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Good thing I never paid for anything not even for the stuff I do like

Yarr harr fiddlee de dee being a pirate is alright to be, you are a pirate

Until you get slapped with a copyright infringement lawsuit and get sent to prison. I bet that pirate song will go over really well in the showers when the other inmates are raping you in the ass. Then they will be the pirates of your booty. :mixedemotions:

I'm the public enemy number 1, you wouldn't believe the things I have done

And I did it all for fun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom