Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.formspring.me/GZiets/q/483078610840743367

George Ziets said:
any anecdotes from the torment writer's meeting?

n51eb330014bc6.jpg

First, here is a picture of us (taken by Shanna Germain) firing helicopter-slings near the pier in Newport Beach. :)

Just sitting in a single room with the concentrated mental power of Colin McComb, Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, Pat Rothfuss, Chris Avellone, Nathan Long, Tony Evans, Kevin Saunders, and the InXile guys was pretty amazing. Honestly, I wish I could have that group spend a few days brainstorming ideas and ferreting out the weak points for every game I develop.

I think an observation that Colin made was very telling. Nobody in the room was trying to prove themselves or compete with anyone else. It was very much a “yes, and…” discussion, with each of us building upon and getting excited about the others’ ideas. That may have been because we’re all over 30 years old and relative veterans in writing or design. But whatever the reason, it was one of the most fun and productive design discussions I’ve experienced.

Zeriel

Arcane
Seriously, what's with that. I haven't worn white socks since I was a kid.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Are you really nitpicking about the colour of their socks ?

Yes, obviously, commenting about that means you think the game will suck. White socks -> can't create a good game. Everybody knows.

Jeez, all these anti-nipickers nitpicking about nitpickers. :roll:

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It sounds like you're implying being surprised by inane comments about what colour of socks is appropriate for grown-ups is nitpicking, and that I was making a relation between nitpicking on their socks and doubting their talent.

Am I missing some third degree sarcasm here ?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
and that I was making a relation between nitpicking on their socks and doubting their talent.
Yes, it sounds like you think that commenting on their socks is somehow doubting their abilities, since you called it nitpicking. Only Roguey would take into account sock color when judging abilities.
And nitpicking about what? It's a comment for fucks sake, not everything is a personal attack.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this very moment, Colin McComb might be reading this thread and going :hmmm:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Put it this way inXile, when the Codex complains about the color of your socks instead of the game/development - that's a good thing.

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
But does he wear white socks?

Anti-blister socks when running, yes.

Or when my black socks are all in the wash.

Or when I don't give a shit (the frequency of said non-shit-giving being one of the many reasons why I became a game designer instead of a fashion designer)

weresheeple

Educated
As long as the Last Castoff doesn't wear pink socks (unless I equip them), I don't give a shit.

hiver

no, no, no, no!

you dont seem to understand the repercussions. stop before its too late!!

can someone make those pics so that everyone's legs are cutoff?

Saduj

Arcane
FFS if :patriot:wear shorts then its either white socks or no socks. If we see someone in shorts and dark socks, we head the other way because we expect that person to be a furriner who wants to complain about something while subjecting us to his body odor.

As for the map, its a map. The quality of the locations on the map is what matters.

hiver

as for me, its an internal thing where i live, so this brings back ... ah, traumatic memories... :sob:

oh noes, the chopper... the chopper sounds!!
:grabs a machinegun:

t9swt.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom