Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn :( i really wanted this game, but the turn-around on localization hurts me.

I'm perfecly fine playing games in english, but in such heavy-text game i'm afraid it will feel like a less smooth experience for me.

I can understand their points tho, considering our market for this genre is pretty non-existant...still a bit sad, expecially after Obsidian wonderfully and professionally translated PoE.

videogames was the major motivation for myself to learn english back then as a kid. Kinda grateful indonesian localization is p much non existent. I have no problem reading in english, and like 70% of my reading are in english nowadays.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well it's good that I'm completely at ease at this point with my $100 going down the drain. That way maybe I'm going to enjoy the game regardless, even despite all of the cuts and consolization. Still, I'm probably not going to delve in at the release, if there are major DLCs on the horrizon (?)

Misco Jones

Savant
https://youtu.be/vohMxf4W9f4?t=18

otsyh73.png

Fairfax

Arcane
Let's see if Sea responds to my reddit post on the torment subreddit about the missing game features: https://www.reddit.com/r/Torment/comments/5q3z2c/achievements_leaked_missing_kickstarter_stretch/

He's constantly there responding to other questions, wonder if he will man up for this one.
I doubt he's allowed to acknowledge the question. There must be an order from the top preventing them from talking about anything that could get bad press. If Fargo cared about transparency, we wouldn't even have to ask this stuff a month from release.

If the other stuff wasn't enough, the achievements are solid proof, at least for the companions. Those who are certain they're still in the game are in denial.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, if they also didn't cut the area from the May 2015 trailer that's two screens. :P

agris

Arcane
Patron
Apparently they started to work on the Sunken Market quite a while ago. This is from February 2015:

It would've been a waste to cut that scene, so it makes sense that it's still in. Still, it may have been adapted to fit another location, or maybe it's what's left of the Oasis area.

The city itself has no concept art, render or video footage since the first piece. I don't think it's because of spoilers or whatever, because the other stretch goal areas are shown in the World of Numenera video: the Forge of the Night Sky and the Ascension of Kex-Lianish.

I haven't seen these assets in any other screenshots, and even though this screenshot could've been overpainted, I doubt they'd model unique meshes and then scrap them; I guess that with the crowdfunded games you have to be absolutely sure you need a certain environment back in the pre-production stage. I hope it's still in.

To be fair, that scene is made up of a lot of the same few assets resized and rotated, and based on the specularity on most things being turned up to 'shiny plastic trees' level, I doubt much time was put into it.

Last edited:
Being secretive about cut stretch goals seems so foolish and suicidal that I cannot imagine inXile actually doing it. Being a dick is one thing, but being stupid dick is another.
When did Larian announce that Original Sin stretch goal (day/night cycle?) is being cut in relation to the game premiere?

jaydee2k

Savant
This game will create furious rage at its release heh, you should have seen it cummin
………………………………………._¸„„„„_
…………………….…………...„--~*'¯…….'\
………….…………………… („-~~--„¸_.,/ì'Ì
…….…………………….¸„-^"¯ : : : :¸-¯"¯/'
……………………¸„„-^"¯ : : : : : : '\¸„„,-"
**¯¯¯'^^~-„„„----~^*'"¯ : : : : : :¸-"
.:.:.:.:.„-^" : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :„-"
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: : : : : : : : ¸„-^¯
.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. : : : : : ¸„„-^¯
:.' : : '\ : : : : : :: ;¸„„-~"
:.:.:: :"-„""***/*'ì¸'¯
:.': : : : :"-„ : : :"\
.:.:.: : : : :" : : : : \,
:.: : : : : : : : : : : : 'Ì
: : : : : : :, : : : : : :/
"-„_::::_„-*__„„~"

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If that area would've ended up something like Curst in PST because of time constraints then it might as well be cut. Of course, it shouldn't have been like that, since it was part of their stretch goals so in theory they should've known how much they can do.

Whichever it is, I hope it generates plenty of drama. :kingcomrade:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Being secretive about cut stretch goals seems so foolish and suicidal that I cannot imagine inXile actually doing it. Being a dick is one thing, but being stupid dick is another.
When did Larian announce that Original Sin stretch goal (day/night cycle?) is being cut in relation to the game premiere?

Most people are too stupid to remember. It won't make any difference.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
you got muted from his twitter feed didn't you? you can't find that tweet on fargo's page.
I've no idea how twatter works tbh. I didn't know other people's tweets could be found on your page if they tweeted you. You sure it works like that?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If their silence really means they cut the content, funded stretch goals even, a month from release, this really is the most dick move inxile has pulled.

karfhud

Augur
Apparently they started to work on the Sunken Market quite a while ago. This is from February 2015:

It would've been a waste to cut that scene, so it makes sense that it's still in. Still, it may have been adapted to fit another location, or maybe it's what's left of the Oasis area.

The city itself has no concept art, render or video footage since the first piece. I don't think it's because of spoilers or whatever, because the other stretch goal areas are shown in the World of Numenera video: the Forge of the Night Sky and the Ascension of Kex-Lianish.

I haven't seen these assets in any other screenshots, and even though this screenshot could've been overpainted, I doubt they'd model unique meshes and then scrap them; I guess that with the crowdfunded games you have to be absolutely sure you need a certain environment back in the pre-production stage. I hope it's still in.

To be fair, that scene is made up of a lot of the same few assets resized and rotated, and based on the specularity on most things being turned up to 'shiny plastic trees' level, I doubt much time was put into it.

Care to share the screenshots that display these same assets? I did a quick browse through the available screens and honestly didn't find any :) As for the over-the-top specular values, well, it kind of makes sense for a sunken location, doesn't it? ;)

agris

Arcane
Patron
use your eyes, there's about 4 architectural features repeated ad nauseum in that shot :) as for your poor attempt to justify bog-standard CGI plastic shininess that hasn't been tuned by a human, try harder. :)

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tWwK24I.png

Leaving this here so no one has to dig it up.

https://www.facebook.com/Torment.in...30841.144749.552507144764814/622300137785514/

How could you even in theory cut that off and decide not to tell anyone about it? Jed Master Radek has it right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom