Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
3e was a smash hit and spawned multiple versions. Even 5e is mostly based on 3e.
Thanks for proving my point. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things (anymore).

hiver

Im just a big Baldurs Gate fan. :D

Although to be honest I don't think that I'm experienced enough to work with either of those teams. One day I would love to work on a big 2D RPG within a team of experienced designers, writers, and programmers - but I still have a LOT to learn!
Aww, so humble too... i could almost allow you to work on my great project but, you know... expenses are serious... so...

:rub's fingers:

:mrfussy:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/post/117274179085/gameapalooza

Gameapalooza!
tumblr_inline_nnbu7d2doG1rgj7s2_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_nnbu7sP6V51rgj7s2_500.jpg

Evening board games in inXile offices as off-site developers visit.

Darkzone

Arcane

Although to be honest I don't think that I'm experienced enough to work with either of those teams. One day I would love to work on a big 2D RPG within a team of experienced designers, writers, and programmers - but I still have a LOT to learn!
After you have completed Stasis, you will be one of the bigger guys Chris. And what is more important, you will then have completed your own project, even if it is not Torment. Perhaps you can make after Stasis a Pandorum the cRPG. ;)

hiver

Good call. Only i would rather throw in some villainous motive behind it. Like the double taking all the negative consequences for his bad moves and so on.

- its probably an evil clone Fargo made so Colin can just serve as a poster boy and a future scape goat, while the evil clone actually designs the game, and then the real Colin will get all the blame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

After you have completed Stasis, you will be one of the bigger guys Chris. And what is more important, you will then have completed your own project, even if it is not Torment. Perhaps you can make after Stasis a Pandorum the cRPG. ;)

ALL THE PRESSURES! But thanks mate - you have no idea how much support like that actually means to me! It makes the red eyes, late nights, and (current crunch mode) bearable.
BTW I just did my first 'complete' playthrough of Stasis from beginning to end. Still bugs to fix...but its coming along pretty damned well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I disapprove of something being mentioned in an analogy so I'm going to pretend the analogy means something other than what's obviously intended

DeepOcean

Arcane
I disapprove of something being mentioned in an analogy so I'm going to pretend the analogy means something other than what's obviously intended
I'm fully aware what the analogy meant, just found it funny to hear. It is a pity that on a galaxy far away I believed on that "POE is to Baldur's Gate 2" part on all its meanings.:negative:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fargo looked at those review scores (from both game journalists and end-users), and how PoE sold almost as much as Wasteland 2 within a month and got dollar signs in his eyes.

hiver

:what:

because what is intended isnt true and the analogy is actually real, which makes it funny.
double time.

-... when are we getting infinitron tarred and feathered then driven out of the town on an ass?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It is a pity that on a galaxy far away I believed on that "POE is to Baldur's Gate 2" part on all its meanings.
And people who had reasonable expectations still believe that and are happy with PoE. But of course it's better to expect the impossible and whine when it doesn't happen.

---

As for TToN - if it's as good as PoE, I'll maybe even forgive inXile for their decision to make it TB.

Since they're still mum about alpha, I just hope they'll release more gameplay footage in the nearby future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom