Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
no means yes, and yes means yes.

Whatever he says, remember that it's not rape if you shout "Surprise!".
Addendum: according to some law-savvy people, you have to shout "Surprise!" BEFOREHAND (apparently this timing detail is very important).

This thing will be delayed until late 2016, early 2017, possibly even later.
Inbred Codexer: What do you want to do now?
Toothless Codexer: [grinning] None's got a real pretty mouth ain't he?
Inbred Codexer: That's the truth

potatojohn

Arcane
It's cool to hear that the code is actually as interchangeable as that you can license code (modules?) from Obsidian. It's even cooler that trading code between both companies is done which can only benefit the overall quality of this kind of rpgs!

I'm just starting to think about a shared special version of unity for iso rpgs as a framework for different companies to create rpgs more easily...
Too bad it's a hundred times slower and buggier than Infinity Engine.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
So, in no small part due to the Codex (including the invitation to attend the WL2 launch party), I have gotten the privilege of working as a contract writer on T:TON. Given what PS:T means/has meant to me (and given my love of MOTB), this is quite the wonderful turn of events. As FO helpfully taught me years ago, luck is not a dump stat! Of course, now I've revealed the secret motive behind everything I've ever said and done here. :M

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That is a lot of fucking money. How much did you give to Obsidian for PoE?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
A Codexian Adventure game writer gets a gig on mostly non-combat game.

hqdefault.jpg

We're only missing Pyke now, I guess :(

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That is a lot of fucking money. How much did you give to Obsidian for PoE?

$250. I reckon I'll at the very least be able to break even by selling my unopened signed collector's edition to some Obsidrone who got a job in the years following the Kickstarter campaign.

I'm getting some kind of limited edition art print and statuette thing from T:ToN, also the collector's edition box. If the game's shit, they'll be worth about tree fiddy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, pay more to become more butthurt. Seems a bit odd, guys. Maybe you would have been as upbeat about things as I am if you'd paid the same amounts of money I do. :smug:

So, in no small part due to the Codex (including the invitation to attend the WL2 launch party), I have gotten the privilege of working as a contract writer on T:TON. Given what PS:T means/has meant to me (and given my love of MOTB), this is quite the wonderful turn of events. As FO helpfully taught me years ago, luck is not a dump stat! Of course, now I've revealed the secret motive behind everything I've ever said and done here. :M

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/post/117049885430/mark-yohalem-joins-torment-tides-of-numenera

Mark Yohalem joins Torment: Tides of Numenera
A while ago, I mentioned I had two exciting things to announce. I can finally share the first of them: I have been given the wonderful opportunity to work as a writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera. As you guys probably know, the original Torment game (Planescape: Torment) was my principal inspiration for Primordia. The T:TON writing and design team is composed of people whose work I’ve long admired: Colin McComb, George Ziets, Kevin Saunders, Chris Avellone, Monte Cook – to name just a few. Numenera was one of the very first projects I backed on Kickstarter as part of my commitment to using Primordia’s revenue to support interesting projects; T:TON came not long after. To suddenly be on the same team as these guys is not a dream come true because, first of all, my dreams tend to be unpleasant and, second, even my subconscious would not be so audacious as to invent such a scenario. While I am optimistic that this is another step on my game-writing path and not the end destination, it does feel like a milestone as important as Primordia was.

Hopefully in the next week or two I will be able to talk about the other exciting topic, which is Wormwood Studios’ next project, Fallen Gods. I expect that, far from delaying Fallen Gods, T:TON will teach me tons and encourage me to be more efficient in time-management.

Mark Yohalem
http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I though we were going to blame Fargo and Cook for that. Fargo had it coming for making a bit underwhelming sequel to Wasteland 2 and Cook was responsible for ruining Planescape with faction wars.

We shouldn't be too hard on devs posting here. Annie was chased off and now she's some sort of agressive SJW psychopath. Considering the fact that Sol Invictus become a commie it appears that one can truly leave Codex only at a cost of his sanity.

hiver

I though we were going to blame Fargo and Cook for that. Fargo had it coming for making a bit underwhelming sequel to Wasteland 2.
A bit, eh?

What a critique. Thats going to just ruin Fargo and make him reconsider the games they are making you retarded stupid fanboi.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Morkar Left

It's cool to hear that the code is actually as interchangeable as that you can license code (modules?) from Obsidian. It's even cooler that trading code between both companies is done which can only benefit the overall quality of this kind of rpgs!

I'm just starting to think about a shared special version of unity for iso rpgs as a framework for different companies to create rpgs more easily...
Too bad it's a hundred times slower and buggier than Infinity Engine.

Everything is shit.

I though we were going to blame Fargo and Cook for that. Fargo had it coming for making a bit underwhelming sequel to Wasteland 2.
A bit, eh?

What a critique. Thats going to just ruin Fargo and make him reconsider the games they are making you retarded stupid fanboi.

Right, we should just forget Fargo and blame everything on cook. I've just remembered that he is also responsible for fucking-up DnD with his retarded 3rd edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom