Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Arkeus

Arcane
So you want Gaider as a stretch goal?
No, there is just a list of stretch goals writers i absolutely do NOT want (Terry Goodkind, the Gor Writer, Pat Rothfuss are those that come to mind right now).

DeepOcean

Arcane
This Rothfuss namedrop appear to have increased the speed of the pledging or am I seeing things?

Rake

Arcane
No, there is just a list of stretch goals writers i absolutely do NOT want (Terry Goodkind, the Gor Writer, Pat Rothfuss are those that come to mind right now).
Wait wait wait. I don't realy like his novels, but to put his name in the same sentence with Goodkind or Norman is blasphemy. I would prefer Gaider from those two.

Project: Eternity
This Rothfuss namedrop appear to have increased the speed of the pledging or am I seeing things?
sNNtGqc.png

You could say that.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Don't play with my emotions Jaesun, I almost had a heart attack reading his name.:? They should add David Gaider but as a tentacle beast that could make you insane by sending you to a parallel dimension equivalent of the BSN forums, full of Biodrones discussing all day long the smell of Tali sweat.

hiver

Yeah, you could say that...

rkoqgZM.png

As for Arkeus.... thats fine. nobody is forcing anyone here. I guess the team will just have to manage... somehow...

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've not read his books yet but the guy clearly has :obviously: tastes, so i'll give it a go tonight.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pat Rothfuss is a talented author (and apparently a really nice guy) whose book's success is most likely both a blessing and a curse, in the sense that it is something he's been working on for decades now and which, as a writer, he has long since completely outgrown and is obviously struggling rather hard to revise and complete (a task which is in my experience a good deal more difficult than writing something new from scratch -- and, unfortunately, the results are generally worse, too).

If this is true it would actually explain some of the issues I have with his books.

hiver

I've not read his books yet but the guy clearly has :obviously: tastes, so i'll give it a go tonight.
The "problem" in his novels is that Kvothe is a bit over the top awesome. I didnt like that at all.
But, luckily there isnt that much of it in the first book. And the setup is that Kvothe is telling the story while being older and currently in self exile and doesnt want to get involved in shit anymore.

I didnt read the second one but ive seen small reviews from people i kinda trust in these matters. It seems the second book is full throttle mega epic awesome Kvothe gets it all - and thats why i didnt even want to read it.
The starting setup seems to point in direction of some serious shit going down.. so the next book hopefully should be darker, for lack of the better word.

However!

The writing skill itself, the style, the way he tells the story... thats actually fucking great.
Of course... personal tastes and preferences about writing style are different so naturally there are people who dont like that either. But mostly its people who cant even differentiate between writing skill and talent and specific plot parts - events in the story.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fair enough, there is a bit of a larger than usual spike there. I don't know if it's due to the content of the update itself, or just due to the fact that it's the first major update in a while.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
How many different area designers/writers were put in the original PS:T team? I am a bit worried that the endproduct might look weird if so many different people work on it. As the german saying goes "Viele Koeche verderben den Brei" :/

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
How many different area designers/writers were put in the original PS:T team? I am a bit worried that the endproduct might look weird if so many different people work on it. As the german saying goes "Viele Koeche verderben den Brei" :/

Supposedly, each new writer on board will do a specific, modular area of the game, and some of them a novella. :kfc:

Yeah, it's kinda worrisome, but at the same time, there's a project manager that (I guess) will keep track of consistency and writing/level/design/quest design uniformity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom