Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Lurker Kinggender: ⚧ Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Probably because most backers are causal storyfags who can’t understand a combat system if their lives depended on it. What will make or break this game is the story and the writing. The setting is already shit. I already got some bad vibes from the adjective diarrhea in a few passages. InXile and Obsidian don’t even pretend to care anymore. They are shameless dumbing down their games to please dumb players. I'm glad I didn’t back this.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. I'm With Her Intiniumgender: ⚧ for prison Daedalos' alt Dumbfuck Fargo Fanboy The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Nothing yet (including the beta content) suggests that this game will be bad.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Holy crap at retroquark and anonymous6059's walls of text. >_>

That forum is infested with autistic people. I bet sea misses the Codex at this point.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    > implying sea isnt a massive autist

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. The Game Analistsgender: ⚧ Arcane

The Game Analists
    Parrots:
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. IHaveHugeNickgender: ⚧ Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    Oh, so there's actual proper drama still on their forums?

I mostly stopped peaking there when the anon604545 started posting his ramblings. The guy is dumber than a sack of potatos hanging from a hot air baloon.

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Kem0sabegender: ⚧ Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Parrots:
    I bet he misses the old codex that lapped up every inxile newsbit. New jaded and more wise codex, not so much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. The Game Analistsgender: ⚧ Arcane

The Game Analists
    Parrots:
    PoE was kind of a watershed moment in this site's history.
    New Vegas was passable enough that people were convincing themselves that the mediocre slop that made up 99% of obsidian's catalog was 10/10 amazing compared to garbage bioware games and "lmao who cares about lore" bethesda games and were ready to lap up whatever sperm-less fluid Sawyer ejaculated onto a a plate for them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Rogueygender: ⚧ Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2 ultimately got an overall positive reception, sea just couldn't handle the edgy haters, who have always existed on this site.

• Agree Agree x 6
    ^ Top  
  10. I'm With Her Intiniumgender: ⚧ for prison Daedalos' alt Dumbfuck Fargo Fanboy The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    And add to that, I know for a fact, that Torment will be extremely well recieved at KODEX, once released. Be edgy and hate it in public, secretly play it 7 times. That same old routine.

The edgy tryhard haters are the minority here. Always the loudest voices screaming with the purest autism.

• Agree x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. The Game Analistsgender: ⚧ Arcane

The Game Analists
    Parrots:
    you're going to pull a reverse sensuki on us, arent you?

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    FYI: We've learned that there's going to be a Torment presentation at Gamescom in August, probably featuring areas not included in the beta.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    I played the character creation area of the beta, and I must say I quite like what I'm seeing. The writing is doing a good job of drawing me in and keeping me interested and the mechanics, while clearly pretty simple at this point, are fun and new enough that I probably won't end up hating them. I have high hopes for this lovely game despite earlier feeling of uncertainty.

^ Top  
  14. Coma Whitegender: ⚧ Educated

Coma White
    Parrots:
    More like this plz. I have steered clear of playing Early Access -- I want to play and judge the game in its final complete form. So anything like this buoys my spirits.

^ Top  
  15. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I actually had to stop myself from playing more for that very reason. I had the urge to continue onward, but I didn't want to sully the full release for myself.

^ Top  
  16. The Game Analistsgender: ⚧ Arcane

The Game Analists
    Parrots:
    good call, I got really into it then ran into an area where i got nothing like a black screen. sigh...

^ Top  
  17. Florian Gheorghegender: ⚧ Savant

Florian Gheorghe
    Parrots:
    Sorry if this was asked before but I am not entirely convinced : do we have scripted interactions like in PoE? I know I saw one in a let's play series but that was in January. Is there somebody that want to sell his Torment key? Or can somebody direct me to a cheaper deal? I really want this game. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Prime Juntagender: ⚧ Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    In the beta... almost but not quite. There are "meres" which are text-based mini-adventures which trigger when you're interacting with someone else's mind.

I haven't seen any scripted interactions with the enviroment like in Pillars. I think.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sensukigender: ⚧ Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Scripted Interactions in Pillars only differ from text-based actions in dialogue in one manner - the UI is different. They might put more emphasis on describing actions and environments not portrayed through the area map/characters, but there is no functional difference to what the older Infinity Engine games did with dialogue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Nihilistegender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Nihiliste
    Parrots:
    It didn't really occur to me just how long ago this game was kickstarted. Going to be 4 years of development when it launches. In retrospect it was really sleazy of them to kickstart this well before they could roll the manpower over from W2. I'm pretty sure it'll be good, or at least satisfactory but if it succeeds I'm mentally prepared to not get another game in this narrative vein for at least 5-6 years given BTIV, probably W3, maybe another 1-2 new projects will probably come before. And that's if inXile can make it that far.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. ArchAngelgender: ⚧ Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Yea but presentation is half the storytelling.

If you tell a horror story to a group of kids in a warm room is not the same as if you take them into a spooky forest in the middle of the night.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Riding on the KS bubble while the hype was still around. If they did it today, or even last year, i bet they wouldnt receive as much as they made that time

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Sensukigender: ⚧ Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    PS:T didn't have it though, and it's a lot more costly (UI art + pictures/sounds) so it's no surprise it wasn't included.

^ Top  
  24. ArchAngelgender: ⚧ Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    But it would be nice if it was.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Coming in Spring 2017, also on consoles simultaneously: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-04-torment-tides-of-numenera-also-headed-to-ps4-xbox-one

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)