Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Live on IGN

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Definitely winnable. Fewer worms, less chit chat.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Definitely winnable. Fewer worms, less chit chat.

Eyyy, I did it! Poor archivist. Wormhead definitely didn't deserve to win. But I wanted to win.

I was actually wrong, I'd done the indigo tide first on my second attempt and got the whale. All subsequents I did blue first again and got the desert. Submitted some feedback about maybe autosaving before meres, because having to do the encounter four times (hey, I thought two worms would be few worms enough, aight?) to work it out to my satisfaction was a bit annoying. I imagine not being able to save during crises is a deliberate design choice, although maybe one that could be turned off, PoE custom gameplay options menu style? No idea how hard that'd be to implement. I always assume "very."

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I was actually wrong, I'd done the indigo tide first on my second attempt and got the whale. All subsequents I did blue first again and got the desert.
So are you saying that the order in which you do the Tidal creatures is determining what Mere you get? By "the desert" you mean the worm on, or the Oasis one?

Submitted some feedback about maybe autosaving before meres, because having to do the encounter four times (hey, I thought two worms would be few worms enough, aight?) to work it out to my satisfaction was a bit annoying.
Yes, one of the first comments I made when playing the beta is that there needs to be some way to save between the start of the Crisis and the end of the Specter conversation.

Prime Junta

I haven't gotten the whale yet. I got the worms twice and the soldiers once. With the worms I was attuned to the blue tide; with the soldiers I was balanced between all five. The order in which I did the tanks was the same between the second (soldiers) and third (worms) but different from the first (worms).

sstacks

Arcane
I haven't gotten the whale yet. I got the worms twice and the soldiers once. With the worms I was attuned to the blue tide; with the soldiers I was balanced between all five. The order in which I did the tanks was the same between the second (soldiers) and third (worms) but different from the first (worms).

I love surrealistic CRPG conversations that you don't have the context for. Like it's own form of damaged poetry :P

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The order of the tanks is actually irrelevant -- it turns on what choices you've made up till that point (in the tanks, but also with the orbs earlier).

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I was actually wrong, I'd done the indigo tide first on my second attempt and got the whale. All subsequents I did blue first again and got the desert.
So are you saying that the order in which you do the Tidal creatures is determining what Mere you get? By "the desert" you mean the worm on, or the Oasis one?

[prefix added after I wrote this post: yeah, the worm one. I've only ever gotten the worm and the whale. details below.]

Well--it might not have been the order? I'm being a bad QA bitch here, but it -seemed- to be that. The first time I did it, I started with blue and chose "silence the stone face," and got the worms. Second time, I started with indigo and got the whale. Every time after, I started with blue and chose "let the quezacoatl learn from the stone face" and got the worms. As far as I could tell, it was determined by my first tank choice, but the encounter took too long for me to verify by starting with other tanks.

(That encounter, while cool the first time, really is a pain to replay. I've gotten used to it, but I can see it being a real weight at the start of a replay. No idea how to fix it.)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Codexian scorn come from hurt love, we are that girl that was cheated too many times to trust. Will this new Mr. Handsome be different and prove that love really exist? Pretty good plot for a romantic movie so I advise for you to get both popcorn and kleenex.
The codex is more like the girl who had been fucked by the greatest guy on the world. And she is waiting for that guy to return, meanwhile talking shit about every OK and decent guy who she meets because they only fuck half as good as the first guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom