Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Live on IGN

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; George Ziets; InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera

The Torment: Tides of Numenera beta is coming out this week, the week of January 17th (and not on the 17th itself, whoops). Today though, Brian Fargo and George Ziets are showing the game on IGN's Twitch channel. It's live now:

Get hyped!

Update: And it's over. With lots and lots of text to read in the prologue, the stream didn't get much farther than the beginning of Sagus Cliffs. Highlights include an early battle and a whale-themed CYOA sequence written by Mark Yohalem. But it's not really a great way to showcase this kind of game. Hopefully the beta will be released soon so we can play it ourselves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...and it's over. Seems like they're repeating it now?

tindrli

Arcane
7kQsOoM.png

no trannys in future :argh:

Last edited:
  • 40-50 hours or even more for people who will read everything
  • Game looks outstanding! Just amazing!
  • Game opens up after some time (after Sagus Cliiffs?)
  • Equipment UI has a nice vibe but needs some work
  • Normal UI looks like a sholweare
  • More special effects than in Wasteland 2
  • More words than in LotR books
  • Liked images during loading. Very atmospheric.
  • Don't know what to think about the narrator voice.
  • Prologue was written by Colin

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
* narrator voice sound cheap
* the interface not only looks like shit at places, but is also badly designed (extremely small scrollable window to pick perks and stuff from)
* characters look like they're floating

rest seem fine but I didn't pay much attention

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
  • More words than in LotR books
These comparisons are always unhelpful since a player will never read every word in TTON, and in any event the words are interspersed with visuals that otherwise would require explanatory text in a book.

himmy So far, it has made it past the Bowdlers!

Fairfax

Arcane
LOTR: 473k (saw 455 in another source, not sure which one is correct)
DAO: 791k
KOTOR: 600k
TW3: 450k
PST: 800k+

Darkzone

Arcane
7kQsOoM.png

no trannys in future :argh:
That is going to be a shit storm on twitter and tumbler, because you cannot play a gay magic fairy pony dragon. Btw.: Trannys are either male or female and they have not a third gender or so. Fuck there are so many disturbed and sick people on this world, and to quote Travis: Someday a real rain will come and wash all this .... off the streets.

AMG

Arbiter
UI is first pass (across the board), functional but stylistically unfinished.
Same was said about Wastland 2 and it's UI still looks worse than aids, so yeah...
I guess you can't hire UI artist for 3 million :shittydog:.

Tigranes

Arcane
LOTR: 473k (saw 455 in another source, not sure which one is correct)
DAO: 791k
KOTOR: 600k
TW3: 450k
PST: 800k+

Anyone who has written more than, say, 50k words know that it really, really, really, really doesn't matter. Unless the difference is like 100k v a million.

Is there anything interesting in the stream in terms of how effort system plays out, quality of writing, etc?

Drudkh

Learned
Can't a man just be naturally cool as fuck? :D Also, the UI looks fine to me

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm just surprised this is on IGN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom