Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #62: Final Beta Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brother None; InXile Entertainment; Techland; Torment: Tides of Numenera

Yesterday inXile released the long-awaited final update for the Torment: Tides of Numenera beta. There's no new content in this version, but it's got all of the visual and user interface changes mentioned in October's Kickstarter update, as well as some rebalancing. Initial impressions on the Codex are mixed. The new interface is largely an improvement, but it's got some obtrusive console-ish characteristics, including a follow-style camera (mostly optional) and an objectives hint display that appears during Crises (inexplicably non-optional). Today's Kickstarter update formally announces the new beta update. It's also got a link to Techland's trailer introducing the last of Torment's three classes, the Jack. I'll post it all:

Hot on the heels of our release date announcement (it's February 28th, 2017 in case you missed it!), we're pleased to announce our last big beta update for the Steam Early Access version of Torment on Windows before the final game is out. In celebration of this last stretch towards release, we're calling it the Tidal Surge Update!

We know many of you have been waiting for this update, and now we're very happy to be able to deliver a much-improved version of Torment for you to enjoy. Like previous builds, this one will allow you to play the game's first major chunk, taking you through Sagus Cliffs and some parts of the Castoff's Labyrinth – the remaining content will come with the final game, as we don't want to spoil everything, after all!

Update Notes

The Tidal Surge Update includes literally thousands of changes from the last version. There's simply far too many to show you as we'd probably start to approach the word count of the entire game just in version notes, but the highlight features are:
  • Voice-acting has been added to key characters and conversations.
  • Huge balance improvements across combat, loot and economy.
  • Tweaks and adjustments to character stats, such as armor and resistances.
  • Many interface art and functionality improvements, fixes and other refinements.
  • Improvements to visual and sound effects, especially combat abilities.
  • Reworked early-game crisis flow.
  • Game settings such as key rebinding and text size are now available.
  • Added tutorials and other helpers (optional).
  • Hundreds of bug fixes and performance optimizations.
For a list of known issues with this build, please see this thread.

We still have a bit of time left on the game, so we encourage you to check out our forums and let us know of any bugs or issues you run into, as well as for your general feedback!​

We encourage you to do that too, Codexers.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
dfgffg.png

It would be nice if the game supports selecting that attack damage bonus via keyboard shortcuts also (1 2 3 etc. keys or any other keys). Selecting it with mouse only becomes tedious after some time.
Keyboard shortcuts support for everything in fact.
It doesn't matter if we'll be able to rebind those keys or not but keyboard shortcuts is a must in my opinion.

are these shortcuts in?

Mortmal

Arcane
We encourage you to do that too, Codexers.
I would do free beta testing and report bugs for friends or prestigious tier 1 developers only. Several years late , they dont even code the engine themselves, not going to make their job even easier.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember to air ALL of your grievances on the forums as soon as possible. You've only got less than 2 months before release for them to think about fixing anything.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Remember to air ALL of your grievances on the forums as soon as possible. You've only got less than 2 months before release for them to think about fixing anything.

Or, remember that they won't give a shit about your grievances unless it happens that they coincide with things they intend to change anyway so it will look like they actually care.

At this point they act like a AAA developer. Good luck getting them to care for anyone but the lowest common denominator.

Sprout

Educated
Or, remember that they won't give a shit about your grievances unless it happens that they coincide with things they intend to change anyway so it will look like they actually care.

I get your general meaning, but this is honestly how every developer should act. Everybody has opinions, trying to appease them will lead to nowhere. If whatever you hear makes sense to you and is possible under current circumstances, then yeah, sure. But in general you have a plan and you follow it.

Weasel
The one KS game I allowed myself to get a bit hyped for (blame the Ziets involvement), and yet every update ladles on extra steaming portions of fetid decline.

Ah well, at least we had those vaguely entertaining Codex arguments about whether the console version would affect the pc release which was already finalised back in June. Better than nothing.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
I dunno, I don't give a fuck anymore. Decline, decline is everywhere! Cleve was right!! Repent!
I'm sorry, I'm drunk again...... 130$ Ispent on this shit, a whore costs like 50$ in russia. I would ruther fuck 3 times....

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I dunno, I don't give a fuck anymore. Decline, decline is everywhere! Cleve was right!! Repent!
I'm sorry, I'm drunk again...... 130$ Ispent on this shit, a whore costs like 50$ in russia. I would ruther fuck 3 times....

Hello iZerw, do you still visit riotpixels? ))

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

:bro:

Turok

Erudite
This game after the patch run stable all the time at 60 fps (thats the vsync option) even in citys full of NPC and in fights, in Pillars of eternity i get like 30 fps in citys and when fights come it low at 15 fps, they do something with the engine and is AWESOME!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom