Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #59: World of Numenera Trailer, Polish & Interface Improvements

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wait, they also gave up on 4Xp to get increase in your character skill, 16 xp to get to next character Tier and went with standard you gained 250 xp deal?!

No, read the update more closely.

Actually, they did change it. Don't you own the game?

Yes, I own the game.

But if you're saying it's always been like this then ArchAngel is out of date too. And apparently nobody noticed or cared enough to mention it. :M
I don't have the game (well I do through BT4 KS but I don't care to play an unfinished version) so this is first time I noticed this.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The main change is that they increased the xp requirements by a factor of 50 so that they could dole out tiny amounts of xp for almost everything the player does.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The main change is that they increased the xp requirements by a factor of 50 so that they could dole out tiny amounts of xp for almost everything the player does.
That is terrible... Numenera system is not about XP whoring. The whole point is that you get Xp at the end for the whole thing so you don't need to open every box, kill every enemy and crawl through every vent....

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You see how badly Josh failed when he tried to remove combat xp. inXile is just giving the grognards what they want!

/Roguey

ArchAngel

Arcane
You see how badly Josh failed when he tried to remove combat xp. inXile is just giving the grognards what they want!

/Roguey
Not in a game that is not about combat but conversations and exploration.

But this explains their pathetic though process and why they introduced Health bar because of "balance".
Same reason probably for the XP changes.
= Incompetent developers...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Video looks nice enough. Let's be honest though, with a few clicks you can download a version that lets you play through a massive part of the game. If you tried that, even for a bit, then you'll know what to expect. In fact, I urge most of you to actually play at least through the early parts. It would make these discussions a lot more interesting to read.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

/Roguey

Pretty sure you are still only getting XP for conversations and exploration, though. There's not a whole lot more to do in this game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Video looks nice enough. Let's be honest though, with a few clicks you can download a version that lets you play through a massive part of the game. If you tried that, even for a bit, then you'll know what to expect. In fact, I urge most of you to actually play at least through the early parts. It would make these discussions a lot more interesting to read.
I did that with WL2 and it killed my will to play it after release. I tried twice and got only 1/6 into the game both times.

Mei Scarlet

Novice
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Video looked sweet, far better than the early ones from what I can remember. Though last time I tried to play the game the performance issues made it literally unplayable on any setting.

ArchAngel

Arcane

/Roguey

Pretty sure you are still only getting XP for conversations and exploration, though. There's not a whole lot more to do in this game.
You are still missing the point. I am not mad because combat could give you XP, I am mad because XP should be given only when you accomplish something important, not for every shitty little thing you do. And XP is given no matter how you accomplished it with bonus XP if you found some artifacts and if you did some notable discoveries through some extra effort.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I agree with everything you said, but it's like Codexers have constipation and want to hold it in too, for one enormous, bloody, arse-tearing experience.

Looking forward to this...

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
UrVbVEh.png

:prosper:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Agreed. This whole attitude of "this is my most anticipated game ever and I won't spoil myself by learning any details about it!" seems a bit shortsighted.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Agreed. This whole attitude of "this is my most anticipated game ever and I won't spoil myself by learning any details about it!" seems a bit shortsighted.

Especially when they then go online and discuss every little detail they percieve to be there from screenshots, interviews and the occasional trailer. People, try the game already and then have something a bit more meaningful to say. For once.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

In fact a lot of people did.

Though apparently that's not enough for some. You actually need to wait for the patched Director's Cut to be able to discuss or criticize the game.

And, let's be really honest, you can't be sure what to expect playing that since they keep doing quite big changes, like these latest efforts to consolize it and casualize it as much as possible.

duanth123

Arcane
What's up with the choppy walking animations in the trailer btw?

Par for the course for inXile.

Torment was never going to be a graphics lover's paradise anyway; this is how the game currently looks:

Why did you post a screenshot from Baldur's Gate?

From Steam:

Torment: Tides of Numenera - World of Numenera Trailer
OCTOBER 5 - SEAR
Hi everyone,

Today we are thrilled to debut a brand new trailer for Torment, going into depth and introducing the Ninth World's most bizarre reaches:

1.jpg

YouTube™ Video: Torment: Tides of Numenera - World of Numenera Trailer
Views: 15,825
Journey to the Ninth World, the setting for Torment: Tides of Numenera, and uncover its deepest secrets and most unfathomable mysteries.

Enjoy!
icon_rate.png
132 Rate up

9 Comments

Ellipsis
13 hours ago
it better be good or ill kill myself

:lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom