Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #55: Brief Update, Nathan Long Novella Released

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
sounds of a cavernous vagina queefing
Don't you have anything better to do than bait strangers on a videogame board? Is your life so utterly empty and devoid of meaning?

Mustawd

Don't you have anything better to do than bait strangers on a videogame board? Is your life so utterly empty and devoid of meaning?

Wait...are you asking yourself this? I usually like to actually discuss things and make jokes. You're the one going all Hiver/Celerity on everyone like thy're personally insulting you. Then again, I was easily baited at 15 years old as well, so hard to blame you.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Looking forward to the next beta update. I expect some great things. And while I wasn't as dissatisfied with the introduction as some here, it could use some work, I'm glad to know that they are taking a look at.

Here's to hopin' the next beta iteration will resemble the final product. The wait is killin'

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Can an actual Torment fan describe to me why much text and slow pace are considered a problem?

The biggest complaint I've seen, is that you as a player, are given too much information as the start of the game, that kind of spoils the "find out what happend for yourself" part.. and the overall "strangeness" of Torment.

People want to find out shit for themselves, instead of some character spoonfeeding you info about the world, and why you're here at the start. Perhaps because, this is the way the orignal Torment was set up.. (I guess)

But as I said, I don't think it was too bad, but a little too much info at the start I guess and the pacing could be improved abit.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay, if it is put this way I have some sort of understanding.
What about the pacing thing? I usually like slow pace gaems and movies and hate rushed stuff because "shit has to happen". Is the complaint about T:ToNless stupid?

Trashos

Arcane
Happy to hear that the introduction is being reworked. I was not too happy about it when I saw it on a streaming. How hard is it not to frontload RPGs?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Wasteland 2 is the worst CRPG I've ever played.
/rolleyes

Seriously, what do you have against WL2? If it weren't TB I'd attribute your rabid hatred to RTwP idiosyncrasy so common among codexians, but since it's not the case I'm really curious. I skimmed through your WL2-related posts and found nothing of substance.

So, care to elaborate finally? Or are you just one of those FO fanboys who simply can't get over the fact that nuclear post-apoc CRPG can succeed without being a carbon copy of Fallout?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
It reeks of low-budget Kickstarted garbage. Just like WL2. Fargo's a fucking conman, and his garbage company still hasn't managed to produce a solid title. .

I love how these newfags think that moronic unwarranted edginess is the bukkake admittance currency.

Newfags think that being super-edgy is the way to fit in the Codex. Why do they think like that?

:philosoraptor:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
/rolleyes

Seriously, what do you have against WL2? If it weren't TB I'd attribute your rabid hatred to RTwP idiosyncrasy so common among codexians, but since it's not the case I'm really curious. I skimmed through your WL2-related posts and found nothing of substance.

So, care to elaborate finally? Or are you just one of those FO fanboys who simply can't get over the fact that nuclear post-apoc CRPG can succeed without being a carbon copy of Fallout?

Excidium is just special. A special autistic snowflake. Don't mind him. He probably secretly plays a ton of WL2 :P

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Is not a solid cRPG due to the poor combat system and inconsistent design. They tried to implement a lot of reactivity with trash mobs and timesink activities, it doesn’t make sense. But to say that is the worse is just trolling. It is certainly better than most of the games in the top 70 cRPG list.

He has a point, just look the latest games from Fargo or Inxile

The Bard's Tale

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Choplifter HD

Line Rider

Wasteland 2

With that in mind and after playing the beta, all that we can hope from this game is mediocrity at best, it's not gonna live the hype of the tittle and for sure the game will be ripped to pieces in the codex review.

I disagree, look:

The Bard's Tale (they were desperate for money)

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (they were desperate for money)

Choplifter HD (they were desperate for money)

Line Rider (they were desperate for money)

Wasteland 2 (inconsistent design)

Since T:ToN has a consistent approach from the day one, in the worst scenario will be a “good for what it is” game.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
Friend, that's not the definition of white knight.

But anyway, yeah, money don't grow on trees, I agree. However, neither do we have an obligation to reward shoddy work with our own hard-earned cash.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
On one hand, I'm glad they're taking their time instead of dropping a turd like WL2 again...but on the other hand, wasn't this supposed to be done a thousand years ago now?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This "What does one life matter?" sounds a bit.. meh.
It does sound a bit "meh" but it all depends on how they decide to implement it in the actual game. They need to give you choices that are actually hard to make.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
/rolleyes

Have you played it? If yes why do I need to elaborate? Quest and area design is pathetic (probably because of the gulf between who designed and who implemented), maps are huge for no reason and filled with copy-pasted encounters (probably because of the early complaints about railroaded area design). Character system is pure shit with redundant stats and assorted bad design like skill points scaling from one stat, quite evidently designed in less than 20 hours by people just willing to replicate typical RPG mechanics. Combat requires no tactics, it's just the same shit always. Add to that a disgrace of an UI that still needed 50 iterations to get there (and got worse with the DC despite claims that console port would not affect PC) horrible camera and muddy 3D graphics that manage to be worse than infinitely better games made by amateur teams of 1-5 people. Wasteland 2 looks and plays like russian shovelware from 2005.

Is not a solid cRPG due to the poor combat system and inconsistent design. They tried to implement a lot of reactivity with trash mobs and timesink activities, it doesn’t make sense. But to say that is the worse is just trolling. It is certainly better than most of the games in the top 70 cRPG list.
No, that is absurd. There's nothing worse than WL2 there. Unless you're that type of codexer that thinks top down perspective (NOT FUCKING ISOMETRIC) projection and turn-based combat makes anything great.

Excidium is just special. A special autistic snowflake. Don't mind him. He probably secretly plays a ton of WL2 :P
Just check my steam account to see last time I played. Wasteland 2 is so bad I asked it to be removed from my account, and it isn't even worth the bandwidth to download a gog version.

I didn't think it would be possible to make something this bad with 30 years of CRPG history to draw from. But there it is.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
"What can change the nature of a catchphrase?"
This made me chuckle. :lol:

On one hand, I'm glad they're taking their time instead of dropping a turd like WL2 again...but on the other hand, wasn't this supposed to be done a thousand years ago now?
Yup. To be fair, they have Zeits on the team, so here's to hoping he pushes his weight around a bit and delivers something worthwhile. Now if they'd only drop that fat, talentless fuck Pat Rothfuss.

Wasteland 2 looks and plays like russian shovelware from 2005.
Apt. And so very true.:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom