Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #52: New Mark Morgan Track, Circus Minor Screenshot

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On a different note, 26th is coming. Can't wait to begin tracking sales via Steamspy. It will tell us a lot about whether these second generation KickStarers are entering a stable market.

Fry

Arcane
On a different note, 26th is coming. Can't wait to begin tracking sales via Steamspy. It will tell us a lot about whether these second generation KickStarers are entering a stable market.

Any idea what percentage of total WL2 sales were during early access?

Fry

Arcane
Wait, wtf is with early access? Will all backers have access to that or what?

Only beta backers. EA people will presumably have to pay equal or more than beta tier.

Same shit they did with WL2. Shouldn't be a surprise.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Any idea what percentage of total WL2 sales were during early access?

I don't know. I'm not sure anyone outside of inXile does, before Steamspy we were just sort of scratching at the surface of things.

EDIT:

Never mind. Somebody sort of knew.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wasteland-2...les-have-helped-double-its-kickstarter-budget

Think that was conflated with sales of their tablet games though.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I mean ofcourse we are not getting the exotic surreal dreamlike moebius fantastic experience we all want, like pic related, buts its looking good for what it is.

e1714185da35e78354769258fc59d0d5.jpg

duanth123

Arcane
its looking good for what it is.
you say this like it's not a bad thing. "What it is" is a spiritual successor to what is generally considered one of the best CRPGs of all time. It shouldn't look like there's no real art direction and it certainly shouldn't look like some patched together facsimile of a bg2 map. Check your fucking standards.

Fairfax

Arcane
Well, PoE and D:OS were profitable. The one thing these game have going against them (in the future) is that an overwhelming percentage of players didn't even come close to finishing them, and that's reason #1 not to purchase the sequel at launch.

The EA will be a game changer for the project, not matter they say. If it doesn't raise enough money to wrap it up properly, Fargo and "The Closer" will rush it like there's no tomorrow and it'll have more cut content than KOTOR 2. I really doubt it won't be successful, however.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
its looking good for what it is.
you say this like it's not a bad thing. "What it is" is a spiritual successor to what is generally considered one of the best CRPGs of all time. It shouldn't look like there's no real art direction and it certainly shouldn't look like some patched together facsimile of a bg2 map. Check your fucking standards.

Truth is, I never believed this would be the real deal, the nexus of forces that finally creates THE astounding weird sci fi fantasy game with art made by Zdzisław Beksiński, soundtrack by sun ra and prog rock bands, and coders on lsd.

Its a kickstarter game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, some of you people are really experiencing some sort of Stockholm syndrome with these shitty crowdfunded games. Just dying to like the game, no matter how bad it looks.

Dying to like the game? ROFL, because we like some pictures which are great looking? And they look great, you and the other idiots can shut the fuck up. How retarded can you be to complain that it is not Sigil 1.5? This is a new game, and the world of Numenera is not an apocalyptic world, which has to be colorless and brown. At least not all of it, because there will be places which look more depressing. They happened to show a more civilized part of the world and you mentally handicapped can't stop bitching about it.

xemous

Arcane
anywya the graphics of the original are better than this sequel

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
I agree that the screenshot doesn't exactly
There nothing there saying they're reusing assets. But you probably don't understand what assets means, so you're excused.

Nothing saying they aren't, either. Either way, you get what I mean. The tech and engine still applies, and thus, why people feel the screenies look like Poe, which they do. Case closed. Fuck you.

So this game looks like PoE the way PS:T looks like BG. Not a bad thing imho. And despite all it's gameplay-related faults, I think PoE is a rather lovely looking game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wait, wtf is with early access? Will all backers have access to that or what?

Only beta backers. EA people will presumably have to pay equal or more than beta tier.

Same shit they did with WL2. Shouldn't be a surprise.

Oh yeah, I remember now. I paid $100 and can't play it, but some steamtard jackoff who'll cry the game is not first person and probably never play it just like a true steamtard can do that for what... $25?

I don't actually want to play early access games, but fuck steamtards anyway

kris

Arcane
I am offended by those cobblestones. Nobody lays down cobblestones like that.
Despite that this sounds like a troll post, i have to admit that somehow it is really weird laid out and is changing the directions in in some places at around 90° and that is unusual. Normally this is done more organic with more slight curves, or like a zipper.

I was more disturbed with the edges of the cobblestones. Seemingly they just blurred them at the edge close to the other floor instead of having a natural transition. it looks lazy and bad IMO.

Prime Junta

I am offended by those cobblestones. Nobody lays down cobblestones like that.
Despite that this sounds like a troll post, i have to admit that somehow it is really weird laid out and is changing the directions in in some places at around 90° and that is unusual. Normally this is done more organic with more slight curves, or like a zipper.

I was more disturbed with the edges of the cobblestones. Seemingly they just blurred them at the edge close to the other floor instead of having a natural transition. it looks lazy and bad IMO.

The edges are bad also. The main problem though is that they're in straight lines with no relation to the road being cobbled. Other screenies have the same problem.

This is important. I'm getting extremely concerned here. At least Defiance Bay has the cobblestones right. So ... many ... cobblestones ...

Delbaeth

Learned
Don't care that much about graphics, remember this game should fit to Numenera setting, so don't expect something more strange than the setting itself.
The Torment brand has been brought by InXile to be series, so don't expect more from that game. Expect better and stranger from further Torment games.
I mean, the strange things you see in the Hive are related to Planescape, it didn't come from the video game itself.
So if you don't like how beyond the beyond is, you could surely blame InXile, but in that case, blame Numenera itself too. Or wait for another setting.

I am personally interested in Tides of Numenera, and in Numenera, but I am also interested in what other Torment games could bring to us.

And wait?! Am I the only one noticing the Mark Morgan's Soundtrack ? Sure it is Torment-y and it would fit to the game and the area itself. Can't wait for wandering in those areas with this kind of music (yes, I hate that thing that others are calling 'hiking' or 'wandering' 'simulators' in Bethesda games, I never experienced more interesting travels than playing in Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape Torment and Arcanum, thanks to Mark Morgan and Ben Houge).

duanth123

Arcane
How retarded can you be to complain that it is not Sigil 1.5?

As retarded as expecting that InXile would actually succeed at what it promised and exactly what it sold this game as, so...pretty retarded, I guess.

Though not...like...pledging to a Tim Schafer project retarded.

And you know the issue is not that it isn't a carbon-copy of a Sigil map, but that it lacks the personality and artistic coherency of one, as others have mentioned.
EFgHvJT.png

FrTUInz.png

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
It's a single screenshot (and not even of the entire area), it's much too soon to go all 'the sky is falling, this is torment'.

At least give it a fair shake and wait until you play through the entire beta several times and end up burning out on the game and swearing off RPG's entirely.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It's a single screenshot (and not even of the entire area), it's much too soon to go all 'the sky is falling, this is torment'.

At least give it a fair shake and wait until you play through the entire beta several times and end up burning out on the game and swearing off RPG's entirely.

Do you remember where you are? This is the !K0DEX! ... autistic behaviour like you just described is perfectly normal, sadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom