Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Torment Kickstarter Update #49: Kevin Saunders leaves inXile, replaced by Chris Keenan

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Sadly this is a completely wrong sentence.
It (computers' owners despising consoles) did exist when 8bit and 16/32bit computer were all the rage.

Nah.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I guess we are to expect TTON to be released pretty much in the same state as the one in which PoE was released? Delayed, but not for long enough to not feel unfinished.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So, I guess we are to expect TTON to be released pretty much in the same state as the one in which PoE was released? Delayed, but not for long enough to not feel unfinished.

It'll probably feel more finished than the average Kickstarter RPG on account of having more than 29 months. I'm expecting something close to a Fallout/Torment level of completeness.

Fairfax

Arcane
I don't think it'll be as buggy because it's supposed to be a shorter game. It'll still feel unfinished because it's Unity, so performance will be shit and InXile can't optimize it for their lives. There's also an astounding number of games using Unity which had game-breaking save-related bugs, so there's that risk as well.
On the other hand, the game is not even in beta. It'll have more than 3 years of development by the time it's released. That's very long time to fix bugs in a smaller game.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nobody really seems to give a damn about BT4. Campaign was all sorts of terrible and failed to generate any hype.

Campaign should have been billed as "pay inXile to develop some Unreal-related infrastructure for their next high graphics, New Vegas-a-be Wasteland game."

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I expect it to have way more bugs, actually. Shorter doesn't mean smaller, as there will be whole lot of branching shit. And that was #1 cause of bugs in Wasteland.

TedNugent

Arcane
That is too bad, putting 10+ hours into Skyrim should be a requirement for any Codex member so they can experience the horror of a world where only Bethesda and Bioware are making RPGs.
:lol: I learned my lesson from Oblivion and gave Skyrim a wide berth.

Darkzone

Arcane
Wasteland 2 has a better story than DOS, but DOS has a way batter combat. And PoE has neither a good story, nore a good combat. Shadowrun is something different.
So i would state (WL2 != DOS) > (PoE != SH).
Still even SH and PoE are not that bad games and are certainly after this long break games that can be enjoyed. But we have to admit that this games are not masterpieces that can compare with very good cRPGs from the golden age of cRPGs. The question could be in this silver age has the power to endure and if masterpieces can be produced in this times. ( I have not played AoD and i can't compare it to this games. I will look in half a year in AoD.) Since T:ToN and DOS:2 is in the pipeline of upcoming games, we still can have hope the current age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom